Blog Comments

How are any of you willing to agree with everything this person wrote. Gail Kim is good and should have been pushed, but, when WWE would have Mickie v Melina, or Beth v Melina, or Mickie/Beth, you people still didn't care. Everyone says if WWE gave the deserving divas matches then you'd watch, no you wouldn't. Plus, who are you to decide who is deserving, if it was up to you, Cena and Batista wouldn't have been main eventers. All of you let you're personal hatred,(which is stupid, because you don't know these stars) get in the way of realizing who is good for business or who they feel deserves it for real. You fans are more interested in getting on camera or getting your signs on camera then you are watching the matches no matter who's in the ring.
    Awesome blog, you pointed out all of the serious downfalls. Keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by 6maximum6carnage6
    Agreed. Gail should be their womens..sorry divas champ. The Bella's Should be heel since they switch & cheat all the time. Laycool was over the top, remember Layla dressed like "Piggy James"? Most of the new divas are based off looks & acting/modeling history, with absolutely 0 in ring skill required. meanwhile the real female professional wrestlers are being underutilized & forgotten about. I would care for wwe's womens...divas (see there it is again..wtf) division if they were to have Gail Kim vs. Natalia or put Aj & Naomi in a feud or some good matches together. Or have the four of them at wrestlemainia.

Gail vs Natalia would be amazing to see,but wwe "I doubt is going to do that anytime soon.Its too good an idea so wwe will just ignore it. I remember when Natalia first got in wwe and I saw her first match I was impressed with her skills and thought at the time this woman is going to bring womens wrestling back to a level of respectability.But then it was reported around the time of her debut that some women I think Kelly Kelly namely was quoted as saying to her "you have to wrestle the wwe way".pretty much resented Natalia and wwe wanted her to change her style in the ring.That pretty much magnifys one of wwe's biggest flaws,they just need to let people be themselves and wrestle thier own way,especially if they got the skill and talent.
    Agreed. Gail should be their womens..sorry divas champ. The Bella's Should be heel since they switch & cheat all the time. Laycool was over the top, remember Layla dressed like "Piggy James"? Most of the new divas are based off looks & acting/modeling history, with absolutely 0 in ring skill required. meanwhile the real female professional wrestlers are being underutilized & forgotten about. I would care for wwe's womens...divas (see there it is again..wtf) division if they were to have Gail Kim vs. Natalia or put Aj & Naomi in a feud or some good matches together. Or have the four of them at wrestlemainia.
    1. Gail has never been pushed at all. It's like she's being punished for her time in TNA and they only have her to keep TNA from having the dominating women's division they used to have.

Agreed. Gail could be the first woman in the world to hold the 3 major womens championships- Diva, TNA Knockouts and Womens. But the way the divas landscape is right now, I know that's not gonna happen anytime soon. Gails like the Christian of the divas, as you said it's like she got punished for her venture in TNA. WWE should let it go, that was a longggg time ago and they have her now, why not use her? I hate to see actual talent go wasted in the WWE.
    1. Gail has never been pushed at all. It's like she's being punished for her time in TNA and they only have her to keep TNA from having the dominating women's division they used to have.
    Considering TNA already lost ODB and Awesome Kong, they're doing that job themselves...

Other then that, agree. I miss the early 90s when Alundra Blayze and Bull Nakano were wrestling on WWE. Female wrestlers who were on par with the male wrestlers in terms of ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan
    That's why if you're smart, you wouldn't buy them all together at the same time. It is the holiday season you know...
    As mentioned, if you are not experienced with gaming. So they won't be as wise about everything.

I swear, what is it with certain people on this site and using logic? Of course the Hardcore gamers aren't going to buy it BUT the casual gamers are...so now you have something that EVERYONE has a reason to buy. You know kind of like how "1 + 1 = 2"
    Again, why buy two separate components to get waggle physics when the Wii offers it in one for much cheaper. And by now focusing on the casual gamers, the 360 and PS3 are neglecting the "Hardcore" base. That's why people stated that Nintendo won E3 this year.

Dude, are you kidding me?! If Nintendo really believed that, they would be resting on their laurels as the WWE is. Those classic franchises don't work on the new generation of casual gamers that Nintendo is going after. They are not going to be as familiar with them as Hardcore gamers are, therefore having no reason to buy the games. This statement shows that you have lost sight of who the actual target audience is!
    New Super Mario Brothers Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 1-2, Metroid: Other M, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, a remake of Goldeneye, The 3DS with Kid Icarus, Paper Mario and Star Fox coming soon. Heck, Epic Mickey is drawing both crowds. They do work for both the hardcore gamers and casual gamers because they can be picked up and played by anyone, no matter the age, gender or whatever.

I don't watch it any more but I still know what goes on. Who's in denial about what? If anyone is in denial, its you! You would have to be to have been watching the product for so long and not say that it has gone down hill in any way, shape, or form.
    I'm not saying it's great. It won't be as successful as the Attitude Era, but it's not the worse thing in the world of Wrestling (That will be TNA).

By sticking to the core base, you'll run out of them? What in the hell are you talking about? Microsoft and Sony has stuck with the core base and has yet to run out! Nintendo just decided to go a different route to make more money short term. I highly doubt they were stupid enough to put all their eggs into one basket assuming that the Wii was really the future of video games. If so, they've hit the perverbal "glass ceiling" and has what's coming to them.
    This part is strickly for wrestling because a consoles life span is very short. At most, 10 years. So they could rely on core bases (despite the lack of originality on games released).

Fads are successful by definition, smart guy. If they weren't, people wouldn't catch on. Fads a simply temporary...the Wii nor the present day WWE are setting any industry standards.
    The Wii is Nintendo. Nintendo pretty much owned your childhood if you were a gamer. And simply focusing on the Waggle physics means you're totally ignoring their main titles that they're bringing (which don't include waggle physics) or their library of classic SNES, NES and such games available to buy all over again online. Or also the DS with it's touch screen that is so out selling the more powerful PSP that their commercials are trying to target I-Phone games.

So while bad mouthing the WWE, you're ignoring some of their positives. For example, as boring as the main event scene is (which is debatable especially since the Miz is now champion) in the WWE: ALL THEIR STARS WERE MADE BY THEM! Edge, Kane, Cena, Orton, they weren't around other big organizations. Or the fact they have BRYAN FRIKKIN DANIELSON! Who can pull out a great match with anyone, even Ted Dibiase Jr, and gets one of the biggest pops for it! Or despite using them poorly, they actually PAY their females. Or at least they try to keep Kayfabe instead of pretending to be shooting. Or how about the fact they were the first to stop head shots? The fact they are willing to pay for rehab for their old wrestlers, which included Hall numerous times? The fact they're trying to push and create new talent?

TNA has a lot more problems with WWE to the point I literally stopped watching them. I only follow them through results and reviews online. WWE hasn't reached that point as their problems are minor especially if you can stop being a smark for the entire time.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.