Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by timfeyenoord
    Almost all of these guys that the WWE has picked up were young talent. Most of the criticism to TNA is that they pick up the older talent. ALso Mysterio has never been WCW World Champ
    That is where many people are wrong. Rey Mysterio DID win a WCW World Title. In Fact if you read my blog, you will have read in 1999, he won the WCW World Title, and was also the WCW Cruiserweight Champion at the same time! He was not champion for long, and left the company soon after.
    Updated 10-31-2011 at 04:25 PM by Rick Starr
    Almost all of these guys that the WWE has picked up were young talent. Most of the criticism to TNA is that they pick up the older talent. ALso Mysterio has never been WCW World Champ
    Don't forget about R-Truth and Kaval. Truth won world titles when he was in TNA and was a top guy there.
    Agree with most of the comments on here, WWE takes talents from around the world and makes them big, TNA uses already big stars to push their product. It doesn't really matter where they came from to be honest though. It's like professional sportsmen, it doesn't matter where they trained, all that matters is that they do their best and help their franchise, it's the same with wrestlers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Next Big Thing
    I don't know what the point of this blog was? Anybody who insinuates that wwe hasn't taken "leftovers" is frankly insane
    The point of this blog was very simple. There are many people out there who think that when TNA picks up WWE's wrestler's that are relesed ("leftovers") it's a bad thing. I just thought it was about time someone pointed out, that everyone, including the biggest buisness (WWE) made it's millions by doing just that.
    ^^^This. Also Eddie became WWE champion at No Way Out. CM Punk had a small stint in Tna but everyone remembers him from ROH when not thinking about the WWE. The only talent you have listed that makes any sense is Awesome Kong because she was one of the pioneers of the KO division. I think what you meant to say was that WWE recruits talents from other wrestling organiztions and makes them into stars whereas Tna recruits already established WWE stars and pushes them. Basically it is Tna that picks up the Leftovers. I am not bashing Tna but this is what happens. Why Tna does this? Simply for exposure WWE stars are more known in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by toobeastly33
    I have to agree. these are talents that started somewhere, but solidified themselves in the WWE. TNA picks up people that have had their career raised to a high level in the WWE and when they ran their course TNA snags them for name value. People like punk were nothing in TNA so it hardly counts. Just saying.
    WcW had the exact same business model as tna surprise surprise, cept back in the 90's those supposedly past it folks like Hulk and Savage still had major clout and why it worked for them, as opposed to signing ex wwe guys who may have been a name in the organisation but are absolutely unknown to the mainstream public
    thats also not to say WWE doesn't do it because they do. It just not as blatant and not as often.
Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.