Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One
    Great read mate. Its true that TNA gives ex - WWE talent more airtime, and a chance to become a star, whereas they would be overlooked in the WWE ala Anderson, Christian. But I wouldn't exactly say that the grass is greener in TNA. TNA does have a lighter schedule, which does wonders for morale, as many of their talent have pointed out. But the amount of wages they pay their talent is disgraceful, even for Hogan. I heard the Knockouts get paid a maximum of $50k a year. Thats not good, even for the second biggest wrestling company in the States. This is likely why you see so many WWE talent moving back to WWE after a couple of years in TNA ala Nash, Booker, Foley, Christian, Kim.
    It's true, TNA's financials are not the greatest, and for people like the Nash, Booker, and others they go back to the WWE because of the bigger paycheck. TNA is years behind the WWE, and Vince has millions of dollars at his dispense to boot. Others stay with TNA, for the simple fact that the WWE is a hard place to work. With the tough-nosed wellness policies, and tougher politics and schedules, some choose the lighter paycheck over the BS.
    Updated 11-05-2011 at 11:46 PM by Rick Starr
    Nice blog, always love a good shout out .
    My issue with TNA is that they seem to be trying to constantly make themselves WWE's competition, until there's a major change in the industry, TNA will NEVER be as big as the WWE. You don't just take over the wrestling business after 40+ years of dominance (Scratch 96-98). Personally I hope to god that TNA bring themselves up, become more original and do eventually challenge WWE, as CM Punk said, competition is great, they get better, we get better and everybody makes a lot of money.
    My only real criticism in all of this is that you kind of seemed to miss the points that people like Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle embarrassed themselves and others, I know they're not the first and they're damn sure not going to be the last but it's the idea that TNA is a "safe-haven" of sorts where superstars can go till they recover to a reasonable standard then jump back to WWE. Jeff Hardy's the perfect example of this. When he gave his good bye speech, he said let's not say good bye, just fair well and that he would be back. That's kind of a slap in the face to TNA as he's really only using them to guarantee he's in the spotlight whilst he's on his "down time".
    ANYWAY, enough rambling, nice blog, I know I criticise a lot but you made some valid points, it works both ways. Keep it coming!
    Great read mate. Its true that TNA gives ex - WWE talent more airtime, and a chance to become a star, whereas they would be overlooked in the WWE ala Anderson, Christian. But I wouldn't exactly say that the grass is greener in TNA. TNA does have a lighter schedule, which does wonders for morale, as many of their talent have pointed out. But the amount of wages they pay their talent is disgraceful, even for Hogan. I heard the Knockouts get paid a maximum of $50k a year. Thats not good, even for the second biggest wrestling company in the States. This is likely why you see so many WWE talent moving back to WWE after a couple of years in TNA ala Nash, Booker, Foley, Christian, Kim.

Also, many TNA wrestlers aren't as stable as WWE talent, in the sense that TNA are less hard on them when it comes to alcohol/drug use. Perfect examples of this are Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy. They both did something they shouldn't have, and when you're the faces of your company, you make your company look bad. That received a sea of negative comments from the IWC, and even casual fans. It also makes people lose respect for those who partake in such things, and TNA, for allowing them to do so - even the beloved Kurt Angle lost some respect when he got caught for a DUI.

But with all that said, both companies have their advantages and disadvantages, and right now, they are both looking really good.
    I couldn't agree more. Great read , i think steiner an rvd were over before they got to wwe in tna steiner seems to be happy even if he jobs most of the time ( used right imo) would like to se steiner as a manager someday. RVD hasen't commented in some time but he won the titles too and last we have heard from rvd he was happy
    The term "leftovers" is idiotic. People seem to forget that the wrestling business is an industry. people get fired and hired all the time. Does not necessarily mean they are good or bad. But sure there are the old farts but that's not the majority.
    But its true though, they ARE leftovers. A lot of the names above showed up in TNA within weeks or months at most of getting released. They are people that WWE didn't want or need and with good reason. If Matt Morgan is at the top soon, Im afraid that TNA's days are numbered. They need to create their own stars and stop taking in guys just because they were with WWE and create their own brand and identity, they had that a few years ago but now they are a farce. They let awesome ROH talent go because apparently old immobile legends and ingrateful addicts will always bring in big, massive numbers....right? Im tired of this company treading water, going through the motions and just existing. WWE is catering to kids, there is a HUGE market WAITING to dig in to some wrestling but TNA refuses to change its ways. They need to create new stars, AJ Styles wont be around forever
    CM Punk had left TNA for over a year before signing with the E. He really made his name in ROH (classic matches with Colt and Joe). But to defend TNA, let's have a look:

Matt Morgan:
    stuck with a horrible stuttering gimmick, the WWE failed to capitalise on Morgan's size (unusual, as Vince is afan of big guys). In TNA, he has upped his game and while only still mid-card, may break through to the top soon.

Elijah Burke (The Pope D'Angelo Dinero)
    Stuck as one of the guys in the abortion that was the relaunched ECW. This guy has bags of charisma and talent, but I'm not sure where his career is going with TNA.

Kazarian
    Was in TNA before he had a brief spell in WWE back in 2005, where again, the E had no plans for him or the crusierweights.

Mr Anderson (Mr Kennedy)
    WWE dropped the ball big time here. Great fued with the Undertaker and then plagued with injury, Vince should have stuck with this guy.

This is just a sample, but none of these wrestlers are past their prime, and can't be called 'leftovers'.
Page 52 of 84 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.