Blog Comments

Cena as a heel may happen. Look at this new black "Rise Above Hate" shirt. While carrying the same message his character generally has, it drops the bright flashy colors that are associated with faces for colors associated with heels. If it's going to happen any time soon, it'll happen at Survivor Series... Though I honestly don't foresee it coming over The Rock's temporary pseduo-return. Rock isn't actually there for it to be worth Cena turning heel over as it can't be pushed well enough.

Face it, Trips is above the law because he's one of the players at the head of the beast. Though I would expect that to make it mean more to him. I mean hell, look at what McMahon has done in the past to make the storylines he was in work.

Morrison needs some type of consistency to his character that gives it decent depth. As it stands he's the generic douchebag with some flashy moves and a finisher that he botches damn near every time. (Glad their having him focus on a new finisher ala WWE '12.) Thank god he's seemingly chosen his career over that [insert several expletive statements] Melina.
    "If his career started getting dry"

Isn't it already at this stage now?
    Quote Originally Posted by monctonvike
    great repy on your part sir, I would just like to say a few things about the pay scale. The first thing if this is acceptable to the wrestlers why is this a concern to us. Why should they be paid the same for working 35% to 40% less than they do in wwe. Another thing is that there aren't that many other places to go in what seems like a few weeks ago austin aries was asked by fans why he left roh. One of the main reasons he cited was the pay. Granted I am paraphrasing at best his response was something along the lines of " it almost embarrassing how little we get paid" .

The last thing as far as ex wwe talent goes many of them have saved their money and don't need to work the indies but so long as it doesn't conflict with tna obligations they a free to make as much money as they can in the indies as a matter of fact they can ask for more money as a result of being on tv.
    Fair enough. Its not our place to critisise their paycheck, but it is a tad sad that TNA talent don't get paid very much for taking much more bumps than the WWE roster. I know they are a much smaller company, and have a lighter schedule, and shouldn't be paid as much as a result, but they do go through several hardcore matches. IMO some of them deserve to be paid more than what they are getting. Even in the WWE, there are financial puzzles. Vickie Guerrero apparently got paid $500 for an appearance, which was shocking, considering that she can draw heat better than the entire roster, and she doesn't wrestle. But as long as they are happy with their position, its good for them.
    Morrison needs a heel turn, new gimmick, new theme, just a total overhaul and he'll be alright
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One
    Great read mate. Its true that TNA gives ex - WWE talent more airtime, and a chance to become a star, whereas they would be overlooked in the WWE ala Anderson, Christian. But I wouldn't exactly say that the grass is greener in TNA. TNA does have a lighter schedule, which does wonders for morale, as many of their talent have pointed out. But the amount of wages they pay their talent is disgraceful, even for Hogan. I heard the Knockouts get paid a maximum of $50k a year. Thats not good, even for the second biggest wrestling company in the States. This is likely why you see so many WWE talent moving back to WWE after a couple of years in TNA ala Nash, Booker, Foley, Christian, Kim.

Also, many TNA wrestlers aren't as stable as WWE talent, in the sense that TNA are less hard on them when it comes to alcohol/drug use. Perfect examples of this are Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy. They both did something they shouldn't have, and when you're the faces of your company, you make your company look bad. That received a sea of negative comments from the IWC, and even casual fans. It also makes people lose respect for those who partake in such things, and TNA, for allowing them to do so - even the beloved Kurt Angle lost some respect when he got caught for a DUI.

But with all that said, both companies have their advantages and disadvantages, and right now, they are both looking really good.
    great repy on your part sir, I would just like to say a few things about the pay scale. The first thing if this is acceptable to the wrestlers why is this a concern to us. Why should they be paid the same for working 35% to 40% less than they do in wwe. Another thing is that there aren't that many other places to go in what seems like a few weeks ago austin aries was asked by fans why he left roh. One of the main reasons he cited was the pay. Granted I am paraphrasing at best his response was something along the lines of " it almost embarrassing how little we get paid" .

The last thing as far as ex wwe talent goes many of them have saved their money and don't need to work the indies but so long as it doesn't conflict with tna obligations they a free to make as much money as they can in the indies as a matter of fact they can ask for more money as a result of being on tv.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-ri
    My only real criticism in all of this is that you kind of seemed to miss the points that people like Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle embarrassed themselves and others, I know they're not the first and they're damn sure not going to be the last but it's the idea that TNA is a "safe-haven" of sorts where superstars can go till they recover to a reasonable standard then jump back to WWE. Jeff Hardy's the perfect example of this. When he gave his good bye speech, he said let's not say good bye, just fair well and that he would be back. That's kind of a slap in the face to TNA as he's really only using them to guarantee he's in the spotlight whilst he's on his "down time".
    I didn't miss the point that some TNA wrestlers have had trouble with the law, I intentionally stirred away from that concept. The reason being is that both the WWE, and TNA has had several arrested superstars this year, (Look for it in my upcoming blog ) and that was not the focus of my discussion. Kurt Angle would have gotten the DUI no matter what company he was with, the fact that he's in TNA is irrelevant.
    Great Blog
    Updated 11-06-2011 at 08:32 PM by Rick Starr
Page 51 of 84 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.