Blog Comments

Update: I read somewhere that the video in question was made just under a year ago. Now I'm reading that the video was made several years before it was exposed to the public. Now you can take that for what it's worth. Why would Bubba all of a sudden decided to screw over Hogan all these years?
    BFG is by far one of the best ppvs I have seen in the recent...My favorite match on the card is Storm Vs Roode...it had so many OMG moments...someone in his live report of the event told King Mo looked shocked when he saw what these guys are doing to each other..why can't he...the whole match took me to Attitude Era day...btw, I also believe both the characters esp Storm's character is more Attitude eraisque one...that is why I love Storm more than Roode...

I'm very happy with the tag team match...every single wrestler in it put wholesome effort...n AA Vs Hardy is a gr8 match too...I do not mind seeing hardy as a champ.....

Ryan n Snow's match is okayish n I'm amazed to see that Snow still could handle the whole match n infact he carried the match pretty well...I like Morgan n I'm pretty happy to see him back...Hope they form a tag team Morgan/Ryan...

Joe n Magnus match was good..the only thing is I was expecting Joe's victory..so not really invested into this...they might have some how made it the finals for TV Championship..then there might have been some excitement...

A&8s match went as expected....n the Chemistry b/n Bully n Sting is good...Sting can still hang on for a PPV match...Bully's face paint is cool....n DEVON as the member is really surprising...

RVD VS Ion is a real good match...I never thought RVD will win...but, hopefully they both go after each other in a good feud ending Ion injuring RVD (Storylinewise..)

I'm glad that Tara won the KO Championship..
    He was packaged as Mankind when he was managed by Paul Bearer and crying for his mummy, but I really believe Mick Foley shone through and eventually eclipsed that character. That was his turning point. Have a look at the early Mankind promos and matches with Undertaker and Michaels, then look at his feud with Rock and then even the one with Big Show towards WMXV and you'll see the massive difference.

I agree with Marx on Sheamus/Ryder too btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Starr
    Zach Ryder is NOT a bigger star than Sheamus. .
    I understand your point of view and don't know where I want to stand myself.. but Ryder outsells Sheamus in de merchdepartment.. the ppv where he won the US Championship was magnetic.. you'll still see people pump the fist.. he gets attention via youtube and twitter.. I have never heared a crowd full on cheer Sheamus, not that way. Those are arguments for my point that Ryder might be a bigger Superstar, in a way. Sheamus is the better and more achieved wrestler, but WWE doesn't make wrestlers, they make Superstars.
    Updated 10-16-2012 at 02:43 PM by Marx
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Mandias
    Liked the blog, but I have a slight issue. Yes Mankind was a WWE developed character, and yes he was successful. But Mick Foley was the man who won the WWE title that night and I believe it was him that then carried on that fued that helped make The Rock before his match with Austin at WMXV. And Mick Foley was commissioner and Mick Foley mainevented Wrestlemania 2000. Michael Cole called his title win by saying "Yeah Mick Foley!" and fans chanted for "Foley" not for Mankind. Cactus Jack, Dude Love and Mankind were never WWE Champions, but Mick Foley was.
    This is true, however, at the time the WWE had packaged him as Mankind: a WWE Character.
    Another big successful WWE character was Mankind portrayed by Hall of Famer: Mick Foley.
    Liked the blog, but I have a slight issue. Yes Mankind was a WWE developed character, and yes he was successful. But Mick Foley was the man who won the WWE title that night and I believe it was him that then carried on that fued that helped make The Rock before his match with Austin at WMXV. And Mick Foley was commissioner and Mick Foley mainevented Wrestlemania 2000. Michael Cole called his title win by saying "Yeah Mick Foley!" and fans chanted for "Foley" not for Mankind. Cactus Jack, Dude Love and Mankind were never WWE Champions, but Mick Foley was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marx
    I'm not sure Sheamus deserves to be in this list. I'm not sure if he's 'there' yet. He's over, he's a decent champ, puts on decent matches, but there are several stars that are bigger / more over then he is. Punk, Cena, Orton, Daniel Bryan and even Ryback get a bigger pop, are bigger superstars. In a way - mainstream succes - Miz and even Zach Ryder are bigger stars.
    Zach Ryder is NOT a bigger star than Sheamus. Ryder has been with the WWE for several years, and he has yet to get a World/WWE Title once. Ryback is still very Green, but I will give you credit, he is over with the fans.
Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 54 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.