Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MR Boss
    You can't just say which matches are right or wrong because that's your opinion. Its doesn't mean what ever you think is right, so don't act like your the Booker for WWE because your not.
    First off Mr.B Thanks for reading my blog. I read your past posts. so I'll respond to all 3 there:

On Taker/HHH: My point for Taker was he didn't NEED that "One more match". Undertaker will go down in the books as a legend, but the longer the stays around, the more we will remember him as a tired old man, not as the unstoppable force he once was. Show me where The Undertaker last owned a PPV match...not just won it. He hasn't had any great matches for a long..long time.

Granted HHH is worthy of that spot of ending his career, and I'm hoping they will pull out ALL the stops for this match, but I'm tired of seeing rematches at WrestleMania...maybe you and other people are just not.

On Cena/Rock: I can honestly say I speak for several other people, when I say it's a load of crap that this is the main reason that people are going to watch the PPV. Sure some sheep are blindly following this match, because many people are still Rock fans...WHY? I don't have a clue! Has hasn't done didly squat in nearly a decade! Yes I know what the angle is: Push the Rock over yet not have him be on WWE, so people like me will want Cena to kick the shit out of him. Guess what..it worked! I hope Cena beats the ever living snot out of his ass.
    I can say which matches are right are wrong. Why? Because they ARE my opinions. I'm not saying anyone else is going to agree with them, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is more than a handful that do. Again thanks for reading @Rickstarr
    Twas the point of it being in there, bud.

Now do you have any actual response to my very valid points? Or is that your way of avoiding any meaningful criticism of my argument?
    When my turds hit the water.
    Updated 02-24-2012 at 11:36 PM by Rick Starr
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin
    So I want to know you're thoughts on Lawrence Taylor vs Bam Bam Bigelow. Mr T vs Roddy Piper. Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show.

On second thought, I don't want to know your opinion. Because I realize that Wrestlemania has always been about the big money guys coming in and taking a spot. ALWAYS. Wrestlemania was based around the idea of wrestlers and celebrities/big name attractions getting the top spots, to increase the buyrates and really make it the "Grandest Stage of Them All".

I am a fan of giving spots to deserving guys, but I have to be honest. What would you have instead of Rock vs Cena? The Usos vs Epico and Primo??? What would probably be a better match technique wise, would fall terribly short in terms of being interesting.

The wrestlers backstage that supposedly are giving The Rock heat for this need to grow a set of balls and realize that this happens EVERY YEAR and has ALWAYS happened. Besides, 'Taker, Triple H, HBK, and The Rock have more than paid their dues to get that spot, especially if they can still go, and if they are still proven draws. Bitching is still bitching.
    Some nice bitching there my good fellow!
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Boss
    You can't just say which matches are right or wrong because that's your opinion. Its doesn't mean what ever you think is right, so don't act like your the Booker for WWE because your not.
    Errr..... It's his opinion, so he can say that if he wishes! I could say the Earth is flat but that would just be my opinion, it doesn't have to be quantified as right or wrong, it's an opinion.
    So I want to know you're thoughts on Lawrence Taylor vs Bam Bam Bigelow. Mr T vs Roddy Piper. Floyd Mayweather vs Big Show.

On second thought, I don't want to know your opinion. Because I realize that Wrestlemania has always been about the big money guys coming in and taking a spot. ALWAYS. Wrestlemania was based around the idea of wrestlers and celebrities/big name attractions getting the top spots, to increase the buyrates and really make it the "Grandest Stage of Them All".

I am a fan of giving spots to deserving guys, but I have to be honest. What would you have instead of Rock vs Cena? The Usos vs Epico and Primo??? What would probably be a better match technique wise, would fall terribly short in terms of being interesting.

The wrestlers backstage that supposedly are giving The Rock heat for this need to grow a set of balls and realize that this happens EVERY YEAR and has ALWAYS happened. Besides, 'Taker, Triple H, HBK, and The Rock have more than paid their dues to get that spot, especially if they can still go, and if they are still proven draws. Bitching is still bitching.
Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.