Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior

So can they lead the new WWE? Of course. Do any of them have any chance at ever reaching a Stone Cold, Bret Hart, or John Cena level. It should be quite obvious that answer is no.
    Well Savior, I will agree with you that wrestling (especially WWE) is not what it used to be. I will also say that Linda McMahon's running for the Senate is also putting a hamper on entertaining us. But at the end of the day, John Cena is a puppet for Vince...a very talented puppet at that, but a puppet all the same. So was Bret Hart, and So was Stone Cold! If you think that the WWE can not build another puppet, you have not got the foggiest idea on how the business works.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    The top guy in the company can't be a guy who is about the same age as Cena. Cena is 1 year older than Sheamus. So much for looking for the next Cena when they will likely retire around the same time.
    In this day and age of immediate satisfaction, there is no more taking your time letting a youngster grow into that role.

The guy carrying the promotion needs to change more often today than in years past because fans get bored of the current product/direction all to quickly.

If you have more than one guy that is Cena's age that has the ability to carry the brand, you guard against injury taking your top guy out of the picture for a while. It also makes for a much more anticipated return and allows for creative flexibility when the guy does come back
    The top guy in the company can't be a guy who is about the same age as Cena. Cena is 1 year older than Sheamus. So much for looking for the next Cena when they will likely retire around the same time.
    I think that as long as the WWE remains wading in the kiddie pool and continues to pander to the voting public, you will not see someone carry the torch that has an edgy look or personality.

Sheamus has a unique look and goofy personality. He fits right in what what the WWE are trying to get across tot he viewing public.

That campy direction will only be pro-longed should Linda win her election.

I find it very difficult to stay involved, invested or interested in the WWE today and alot of that has to do with who they are looking to entertain.

Personally, I think Ziggler could be the guy, but they have to allow for a more risque attitude. Get him a hot valet (get that fat turd Vicky off TV, blech) and give him a bit more freedom on the mic and you have the guy that can carry the WWE.

Until they loosen up in that regards, you need a clown type guy. Sheamus is the man for the job.
    Gotta disagree with your list from top to bottom. When you talk about "leader" of the company, and you talk about those in the same class as Hart, HBK, HHH, Undertaker, and Stone Cold? Not even close...and no chance any of them could ever reach that point. There's one thing the past leaders of the company, Cena and Rock included, have that any of your mentions don't have, and that's the charisma and the ability to captivate the audience in a way that everyone feels they HAVE to go see them day in and day out. Orton, Sheamus, Ziggler, and Punk can lead this new WWE, but that's not saying much. WWE is nowhere near as popular as it used to be. I'm willing to bet the popularity of wrestling as a whole, has dropped to a post-Hogan, pre-Stone Cold level of the early to mid 90's. And it's just going to continue to fall. People like me have outgrown the days when wrestling was "the cool thing", ie...Monday Night Wars and Attitude Era.

So can they lead the new WWE? Of course. Do any of them have any chance at ever reaching a Stone Cold, Bret Hart, or John Cena level. It should be quite obvious that answer is no.
    Give Cody Rhodes some sort of gimmick, maybe new persona, tell him to either bulk up a little or become more athletic, some nice feuds and with a little spice sprinkled on top, I think he could lead the resistance along with Dolph.
    I honestly dont think Orton and Punk will be there in 5 years. You are getting closer with the younger guys.

Thinking Ryback, Barret- someone with size maybe and who knows when Linda stops derailing the company we may just see the need for a tough SOB to rule the roost again.
Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.