Blog Comments

@Sony
    I wasn't referring to a hater as one who has a different opinion. It's the people on here who are bashing Knox for stating his opinion. If you want to disagree, that's cool. If you want to bash Knox and call him names, that's not cool. And about the violence thing, he was targeting 18-35 males, and being in demographic, I have to say I enjoy violence, LOL. But it's with all do respect. Have a good one.
    [QUOTE=Renevious;bt5730]Hey Knox, forget about these haters. I thought the blog was great. All these people are missing the point of what you're saying. You said it yourself that Heyman's success was not measured in the business sense but in the wrestling itself. I agree that Heyman didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground when it came to running a company, but the man could put together a product that was awesome. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Paul Heyman put together a product that had a fan base that may have not been anywhere near the size of WWE or WCW, but the fans were the most loyal in the world. There were guys out there who would've taken a bullet for Paul Heyman just to keep the ECW chant going. I admit I didn't even listen to the interview until you referenced it here. Then I went back and listened to it and I had goose bumps. It's as if the man was reading my mind on what would make for a better TNA. He's the one guy who was ever in charge who would actually be interested in giving the fans what they want. All these other haters are judging him because the wrestlers jumped ship to WCW/WWF. Well no shit, I don't care how good a promotion is, people will go where the money is. If WWE would've just supported Heyman in the business sense and let him run the product like he wanted to, I strongly believe ECW would still be alive and well. That's all he ever needed was someone to run the business. He's a creative genius, but he is not a business man. So all in all, I do agree with you Knox, and don't pay any attention to these haters. If they are so much against Paul E., then why are they even reading a blog entitled "Paul E. Heyman: The Greatest Promoter in the World"? A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me, but you post your opinions out for the world and hating is bound to happen. So I say keep them coming. Take care and spike your hair, WWWYKI!!![/QUOTE]

Creative Genius? The man had one vision...and that vision was of violence. If that is the case, then Eric Bischoff is also a creative genius due to his one vision of the NWO (in fact I will always consider Bischoff more of a genius then Heyman). Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the guy is a genius,,,,maybe I'm right and is his extremely overated. It is all a matter of opinion. I love the fact that if a person doesn't agree with you OPINION, that person is a "hater".
    Hey Knox, forget about these haters. I thought the blog was great. All these people are missing the point of what you're saying. You said it yourself that Heyman's success was not measured in the business sense but in the wrestling itself. I agree that Heyman didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground when it came to running a company, but the man could put together a product that was awesome. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Paul Heyman put together a product that had a fan base that may have not been anywhere near the size of WWE or WCW, but the fans were the most loyal in the world. There were guys out there who would've taken a bullet for Paul Heyman just to keep the ECW chant going. I admit I didn't even listen to the interview until you referenced it here. Then I went back and listened to it and I had goose bumps. It's as if the man was reading my mind on what would make for a better TNA. He's the one guy who was ever in charge who would actually be interested in giving the fans what they want. All these other haters are judging him because the wrestlers jumped ship to WCW/WWF. Well no shit, I don't care how good a promotion is, people will go where the money is. If WWE would've just supported Heyman in the business sense and let him run the product like he wanted to, I strongly believe ECW would still be alive and well. That's all he ever needed was someone to run the business. He's a creative genius, but he is not a business man. So all in all, I do agree with you Knox, and don't pay any attention to these haters. If they are so much against Paul E., then why are they even reading a blog entitled "Paul E. Heyman: The Greatest Promoter in the World"? A bunch of hypocrites if you ask me, but you post your opinions out for the world and hating is bound to happen. So I say keep them coming. Take care and spike your hair, WWWYKI!!!
    Updated 06-21-2011 at 11:12 AM by Renevious
    Also you mentioned that Heyman gave the other 2 orgs a run for their money. I'm sorry but he didn't really. WWF/E and WCW didn't worry about what ECW was doing. They were to busy competing with each other to worry about ECW. ECW, in my opinion, lasted as long as it did because it didn't compete with the 2 powerhouses. If it had began to make any kinda of waves, I'm sure either one, Vince or Bischoff, would have EASILY sank that ship.
    Reasons why Paul Heyman is/was the greatest promoter.......
    1. Took ECW and made it a wrestling powerhouse.....oh wait!
    2. Made multiple wrestlers national/international stars... damn, they became known names once they signed with WWE or WCW..my fault!
    3. Sold out large arenas/stadiums....how many people do bingo halls hold?
    4. Made wrestlers under his employ filthy rich...what, he didn't? how about rich...really he didn't.
    he did pay enough for them to make a decent living....right? Hang on he did pay them
    though..."what do you mean my cheque bounced?"
    5. Was such a well ran company that none of its major wrestlers would leave to be employed by
    other wrestling companies..."somebody call Tazz, Dudley Boyz, Mike Awesome, RVD, Melenko,
    Benoit, Austin, Melenko, Eddie, ect. WHAT, what do you mean they are not answering my
    calls!"
    6. Learned from his past mistakes and righted the ship before it sank...what do you mean ECW
    is nothing more than a memory?

Should I mention more reasons why he was such a great promoter? Paul Heyman was brilliant for what he tried to accomplish in wrestling, but the fact remains that he FAILED. He was able to garner a niche audience and had a cult following...nothing more. I like ECW also, but people need to face the facts. Also for the people that believe that Heyman can take TNA to the next level...maybe, maybe not. Heyman had vision 15 YEARS AGO. Times have changed and so have people. Is Heyman still in touch with the current times, who knows? If remember correctly, Eric Bischoff was also considered a great mind when it came to wrestling, but times have changed and with age one loses touch with the younger generations. Nobody knows if Heyman still has it. He sounds like he might know what he is doing, but thats his job...to convince the fans and the corporate suites that he can right the ship...but who knows if he can really!
    Vince bought the WWWF from his father so there goes your silver spoon theory.
    please guys, your all forgetting that this is my opinion...i respect all of your opinions but you don't have to throw me under the bus for stating mine...

And when I say success I mean translating good wrestling on television. Like I said Vince has success when it comes to making money but do you guys really think the product translated on Raw & Smackdown are a successful entertaining product.

Heyman started off in a building in Philly and gave the top two promotions a good run for their money. He deserves his respect.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.