Blog Comments

I think the main reason people don't like the Miz is that he just can't make himself look credible in the ring. He can't carry or control a match like HHH or HBK did when they were heels and he just looks overall weak. It seems that someone is always doing ALL the work for him and he just picks up a very cheap win. Sure heels always win matches with questionable tactics but they must still be credible. We must still believe that they can go toe to toe with the top faces, the Miz just honestly looks like a little bitch and that just makes him annoying. When Orton was heel while he drew heat, I think everyone was still excited when he came out to the ring and the same with HHH in his heel days, with the Miz I think people just feel annoyed when he speaks and wrestles. IMO he has no business being a World Champion.
    The main reason why people don't like the miz is because he didn't follow many functions that many wrestling fans are used to, not because he's a heel. What I mean in that he hasn't had a defining moment, and many wrestling get that BEFORE they become world champion. He was carried as a tag champion when his partners did all the work and he picked up the scraps, didn't defend the U.S. belt and had it for too long, 5 straight PPVs he was losing or he didn't even wrestle, did little to nothing to win the MITB match, hasn't had a good feud like so many other before him, and besides all of that, HE CAN'T WRESTLE! What I mean by a FEUD is facing someone for months, maybe years off and on. Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH were feuding with each other at mid card level, gave us great matches, and had defining moments in the ring WRESTLING, not just being on the mic. There are many others that did the same thing, had feuds at mid card level, and by the time they got to main event status we weren't surprised because they had skills in the ring. Mic skills are good, but there are many that have mic skills that are not given the chance and they wrestle great. We all want a champion that is on top of their game and the miz isn't on past champions level. That's why so many people feel it's a slap in the face. It's because we watch a WRESTLING program and we want a champion that can acually WRESTLE whether he or she is a face or heel. Vickie can get the croud against her by saying 2 words and that's considered mic skills in the wrestling world. Does she deserve the Divas title? As far as awesome? How many people out there have acually said," Hey, did you see that miz match?" No one has said that because he can't carry a match and make things look believable to the point when we will take it seriously. When you think about it, if Stone Cold was helped by JR to win a match against anyone, everyone would think WTF? Alex Riley I can understand, but COLE? That's what hurt the miz the most out of that situation, and people just don't want to admit it. Let me ask all the miz fans out there. Look at all the past WWF/WWE champions out there and put them in their primes. Could the miz acually stand up and put on matches with guys such as Angle, Benoit, Eddie, Brock, HBK, UNDERTAKER, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Jerricho, Yokozuna, Andre The Giant, Hulk Hogan and Bob Backland to name a few and last long with a BELIEVABLE WRESTLING MATCH?! The answer is NO. There are people who say that Cena can't wrestling. I am not a Cena fan by any means, but he has put on good believable matches with some of those that I have named above. The miz hasn't had a quality match or a defining moment, and that's why people don't like him as WWE champion and can't take him seriously. I have enough courage to say it because I was watching wrestling for 30 years. Having someone that can't wrestle your world champion puts everything to shame. So look past your fanboy-izm and acually listen to what I'm saying before reacting to it and let it sit in your mind for a bit. Remember why you started watching wrestling in the first place, and you will see what I'm saying makes sense.
    Love the article. Most people forget that when Austin, the Rock, HHH, Shawn Michael, and great WWF/WWE superstars won world/wwe/wwf championships as heels their credibility came from their hard work as a face/anti-hero before. The Miz was never given this opportunity. I like that he can be himself off camera too. When you think about, I don't know anyone other superstar that has gone out to promote his organization faster and better AND STILL be able to carry that much heat in the WWE. I love the fact that he's champ, and if Cena or Orton beat him for that belt, I will stop watching RAW for a week : )
    Miz should never be a face. It would not suit him at all. He has too much of a heel personality and would never pull it off. And he was built up slowly, like Edge was in 2005. Miz had the U.S. title for too long however(7 months). As soon as he lost it to Bret Hart, he should have been able to move on. Instead, they let him win it again & have it for 3 MORE months. Too long.
    BECAUSE HE'S THE MIZ AND HE IS AWESOME
    I love this article, but I have one issue with it. The Miz paid his dues and has earned his spot in the main event no matter what anyone says. He was the runner up in the million dollar Tough Enough. I thought he should have won. Then he wallowed in developmental for a number of years until getting thrown into a tag team with John Morrison on ECW. The two quickly ran the ranks and won multiple tag titles and eventually the unifed titles. Then the draft split them and we had Miz on Raw! He floundered a bit because his character lacked the certain something. So he rededicated himself, got new ring gear and got AGGRESSIVE. Shorty after won the US title nd held that for a while. Along the way tagged with Big Show to win the unified titles as Show Miz. All the while holding the US title. Eventually won the Raw MITB. Held that and the US title for a while. Lost the US title but upgraded shortly after to the WWE title. Now to me THAT is paying your dues!!!
    I love this article, but I have one issue with it. The Miz paid his dues and has earned his spot in the main event no matter what anyone says. He was the runner up in the million dollar Tough Enough. I thought he should have won. Then he wallowed in developmental for a number of years until getting thrown into a tag team with John Morrison on ECW. The two quickly ran the ranks and won multiple tag titles and eventually the unifed titles. Then the draft split them and we had Miz on Raw! He floundered a bit because his character lacked the certain something. So he rededicated himself, got new ring gear and got AGGRESSIVE. Shorty after won the US title nd held that for a while. Along the way tagged with Big Show to win the unified titles as Show Miz. All the while holding the US title. Eventually won the Raw MITB. Held that and the US title for a while. Lost the US title but upgraded shortly after to the WWE title. Now to me THAT is paying your dues!!!
Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.