Blog Comments

Punk/Morisson can win it next year can't they, it isn't like it's the end of the world for them, and ADR winning is actually very logical. Mysterio is beaten up and needs to rest/ retire soon. Have you seen what kind of ratings WWE has in Mexico? It's huge it's a averedge of 8.0+. So if Rey quits, they need another Main Event Mexican. The only credible mexican is Alberto Del Rio.
    But you already knew that.
    Punk/Morisson can win it next year can't they, it isn't like it's the end of the world for them, and ADR winning is actually very logical. Mysterio is beaten up and needs to rest/ retire soon. Have you seen what kind of ratings WWE has in Mexico? It's huge it's a averedge of 8.0+. So if Rey quits, they need another Main Event Mexican. The only credible mexican is Alberto Del Rio.
    But you already knew that.
    CM punk is entering a fued so it wouldn't make sense. If he had won, they would have had to make Orton the champion. This in turn means that Jerry Lawler wouldn't have won the Raw battle royale, which would mean there's no wrestlemania moment for Jerry Lawler. The only way they can set up Cole v Lawler is through a Lawler v Miz title match.
    Now Orton v Punk for title would be good. But i feel the negatives outway the positives in the sense that whilst their match gets a bit stronger, Cena and miz would weaken considerably. I'm not totally interested in the match as it is, mainly because Cena is boring to watch. Whilst a possible miz win makes it bearable, A title gives it that little something extra to care about.

As for morrison, to an extent i agree. But i really think they are saving him for a Wrestlemania MITB win and will make history by cashing it in that same night! So slightly off topic, Miz retains in a sneaky way then LOSES it to morrison.

Del rio was definitely the right one.
    I said Del Rio was gonna win the Royal Rumble 4 months ago. Look up Dos Caras Jr on youtube. get a look at him in his home country where he is a mega star.....I like Del Rio, but WWE is using him all wrong....is the guy a face or heel? Ya can really tell by the way he acts. Anyhow....Del Rio wining the rumble was what I expected. if he had a lower number in the draw,,,,then he would not have won....It all comes down to the luck of the draw.

Id have been seriously pissed if Santino had won it.
    Del Rio is a great talent, but if WWE were to leave his push for a while, he might lose a step. He's 36 i think, so in a few years we'll probably be seeing him Main Eventing TNA, unless he can still put on great matches. I say utilize him while you can!
    I think for me, over the past 12 months, you see the WWE really start to get behind someone and then they pull them for whatever reason. We have seen certain wrestlers, even 2nd/3rd Generation guys, get the good old pullback from the creative team. In my opinion, guys like Ted DiBiase and Kofi Kingston.

I wash SHOCKED that ABR won the Rumble. It will be one of those you look back on in 5 years and say that was pretty good. The ending was too much like 1992 Rumble but nonetheless, it was a nice surprise and good to see a fresh face.

The one thing that the talent pool in WWE lacks is the mic skills. Guys like the Miz and ABR can handle themselves on the stick will push them up there a lot faster. A guy like Morrison should be a World Champ by now given his physical talent but the guy can't get that crowd reaction on the stick yet. ABR has the ability and I think that his talent and current push will give creative the next big villian to go along with the Miz and Sheamus.

What happen to McIntrye, isn't this guy supposed to be pushed as well....he was in there for 5 minutes...
    Del Rio is an awesome wrestler and he has been a good worker in the WWE and long before that a good worker in Mexico. Leave the kid alone. At least it wasn't another Rumble won by Cena.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.