Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly
    I see someone's a NC fan.
    On and off but yes

I wanted to add my own thoughts to this though. The nitpicking in wrestling is terrible when its getting upset when something does/doesn't happen that you wanted to go differently. For example, "Ziggler didn't cash in at Wrestlemania so I hated the world title match!" Instead it should be like "Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger was not an entertaining match. The moves were boring and the crowd wasn't into it. It would have been better if Ziggler had cashed in because at least we would have seen a title change."

The difference is the true nitpicking one is being upset only because something you wanted to happen didn't. The second one is critiquing what you didn't like about what actually happened in the match and suggesting a way that it could have improved.
    I see someone's a NC fan.
    See now I agree with the idea of this blog, ie nitpicking. The thing is with me or my personal nitpick is with ryback. Now for one, I don't mind the guy as a wrestler, sure he needs some work with his mic skills and promos but at least their giving him a chance to develop himself. Secondly he's obviously not on the level of wrestling ability like cm punk, Daniel bryan or even dolph ziggler.

Ryback was designed to be nothing but a monster, to destroy people in the ring with imtimdation of his size and power and in the past he has done quite well. It's not often you get to see a guy of his size, power and determination in the ring, fucking people up with some good moves, my 2 favourites being the packpack stunner and double power bomb.

Sure, sure he's no brock lesner or bill Goldberg but I like what he does in the ring none the less.

Of course though as a nitpicker its not all praise I have for ryback, sure I still like his character but there's a few things about his character I don't like either. The fact he nods his head a lot when heading to the ring or even when he's in the ring for that matter. I've seen him doing this numerous times, also makes me wonder if he's listening to some kind of music in his head.

Then there's the whole, 'ryback rules' slogan. Now in my book, to rule, you simply have to back up that claim, ie like cm punk who claims to be 'the best in the world' the difference between the two is that Punk can back up what he says and has proven time and time again, ryback hasn't.

Again though I don't entirely believe it's all rybacks fault either, I think the WWE management is to blame also. Rybacks a hard worker and I think will do whatever it takes for company and for the fans to show he's loyal willing to do as he's told. If they say jump, he jumps. If they say go out and say this or that, he'll do it. He may not 100% agree with it, but he does it none the less.

Then theres the fact that even at times, I can't help but feel that he seems to act so green. Sure he's only been this ryback character for about a year or so in the WWE, repacked from being skip Sheffield but he looks at times like he's really lacking in ring experience and somewhat awkward. This also includes his constant saying ryback rules in the ring, far too many times. Saying that gets too stale, very quickly.

Then there's his heel turn. Now I loved it when he clotheslined John cena, then went over to his body and gave him the basic, under arm gesture of a 'Fuck you'. It screamed attitude to me and was intense. But that kind of intensity quickly fizzled out as of late since he seems the E have dropped the ball with ryback and turned the monster in jobber fodder, seriously WTF?

However its not all bad he does still get a negative reaction from the fans and he is booed or jeered but I think they could really amp up that intensity by pairing with a heel manager that everyone can hate, to really solidify his heel status. I'm thinking paul heyman or Vickie guerrero here as both get intense hatred from fans and can work the crowds really well, pair either of them with ryback and let them do the talking and let him fuck up the good guys.

Another thing I actually liked about ryback when he was the whole monster face was his 'feed me more' gimmick. The crowd actually worked with him on this and got behind him. I'm sure that if he goes back as a face the fans would get behind him again but the question is will they really with how hes been used recently in losing in constant ppv's, being constant jobber fodder in constant fucking table matches and the like to john cena. I wonder if he'll be able to bounce back from this?

Also finally another good point that I nearly forgot is the fact that even if ryback loses the match he still is made to look like the monster even from a loss. That's the 1 good thing the WWE have done right with him, oh and the fact that he has yet to tap out via submission to anyone just yet.

I want to see how he develops in time and hopefully for the better. Whether people love or hate ryback on here, I think he's alright.
    Criticizing the WWE product, yet maintaining to spend money on payperviews is like complaining about the food at a restaurant yet continuing to go back to it week after week.

The 1997-200whenever-you-think-it-ended Attitude Era was an outlier to wrestling's abundant history. It was a mix of the culture at the time, the fact the VKM was looking to simply dominate pro-wrestling and the WWE did not have a 1/100th of sponsors they have now. Once that era did it's job, vault WWE to the top, it was a natural business transition that in order to generate more revenue, you have to adjust your product. WWE did this, successfully, by re-building the young audience with more family friendly programming.All of this the while doing JUST ENOUGH to keep the die-hard fan continuing to tune in and spend money.

Television ratings have become the long standing argument for some in the IWC. Ratings are simply important so that sponsors buy into your product. The WWE has had no issue as far as sponsorship goes based off the product they presently produce. Enough sponsors, based on their advertising on WWE programming, have made enough profit to satisfy their investments. Why would WWE gamble all of what they've built to please a mass of fans who are complaining about their product while continuing to spend money?

Wrestling remains a shell of what made us fans, yet tease us with enough glimpses of that era in a few wrestlers today to maintain a very successful company...

...A Billion dollar company.

At least we have our DVD's to reminisce.
    I think the fact that you either hate Cena, or love him helps make him engage. Lets admit it when 2 guys you like face off you don't really mind who wins. But when your face faces Cena, your jumping out of you seat begging for your face to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobVelcoff
    I always enjoy your blogs, Deluxe. What I hate is fans who only complain, and can never say anything complimentary about someone no matter what. I understand that many internet fans hate John Cena, even though I like him. Of course, they are free to bash on him (and anyone else) as much as they like. What bothers me is when all they have is blind hatred. In his match against CM Punk on Raw a few months back (just before Wrestlemania), which was a great match and one of Cena's best, all some people could do was continue to blindly criticise him. All they could say was that Punk carried him, or that Cena botched the hunacunrada (flying head scissors roll) even though it was clearly Punk who bothced that move by failing to flip over and roll with it, etc. Criticism and (to a lesser degree) nit-picking are fine. Blind hatred is boring. If you're taking the time to comment on something, be intelligent and state your opinion, respect the other readers' opinions, and respect the business of professional wrestling, what it is and what it isn't. Then other readers will enjoy your posts. Save the blind hatred for screaming at the TV.
    With this description regarding Cena, you've basically described this blogs author.
    I always enjoy your blogs, Deluxe. What I hate is fans who only complain, and can never say anything complimentary about someone no matter what. I understand that many internet fans hate John Cena, even though I like him. Of course, they are free to bash on him (and anyone else) as much as they like. What bothers me is when all they have is blind hatred. In his match against CM Punk on Raw a few months back (just before Wrestlemania), which was a great match and one of Cena's best, all some people could do was continue to blindly criticise him. All they could say was that Punk carried him, or that Cena botched the hunacunrada (flying head scissors roll) even though it was clearly Punk who bothced that move by failing to flip over and roll with it, etc. Criticism and (to a lesser degree) nit-picking are fine. Blind hatred is boring. If you're taking the time to comment on something, be intelligent and state your opinion, respect the other readers' opinions, and respect the business of professional wrestling, what it is and what it isn't. Then other readers will enjoy your posts. Save the blind hatred for screaming at the TV.
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.