Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Justdawg08
    He is a lot better than other wrestlers.... Randy Orton for example. CENA IS WAAAAY better. He keeps a match fast paced when he is on the offense and basically anytime Cena isn't getting beat down for half the match, he's got the fans on their feet. Say what you will... but when Cena moves he moves.

He is a professional, he worked The Hammerstein vs RVD and he's done everything he needed to do. Cena deserves the spot he is in and he works hard.
    Cena is not better than Orton. No way in hell is he better than Orton. Keeping the match fast paced on offense is the best thing you could think of to say about him and you think we should pay attention and consider what you're saying? Ridiculous. You don't make any sense.
    i think there are people that just hate cena because its popular to be in that "bandwagon" and hate something thats gone main stream. i personally dont hate cena, just am tired of seeing the same old crap every WM and almost every ppv; but honestly its just business. its the PG era now, a time in WWE where WMs are back to selling out football stadiums and arenas and wrestling oops excuse me sports entertainment is back to being the pop culture in american society. yes it sucks balls for us wrestling fans of the attitude era where we miss that old rattlesnake flippin stunners and JR having one of his legendary heartattacks "STONE COLD STUNNER! STONE COLD STUNNER!" you before DX did the legit crotch suck it instead of the whack X taunt, or with the tag team division being something worth watching as TLC was the shit but its time to face facts. the world wrestling "entertainment" is what it is, family fun for everyone. If you cant accept it, theres TNA. If thats not up to your standards then theres the indies (ROH, CZW, PWG, etc), mexican lucha libre (CMLL, AAA, etc) and japanese puro reso (NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, etc.)
    You definitely have a point about overexposure. Cena is a corporate creation that has been shoved down our throats for way to long. I think he is a wrestler and talker of average skills that has been highly rewarded because of his good work ethic behind the scenes. Honestly we should not hate him for that because that is how anyone of us would want to be rewarded in doing our jobs.

That being said many longtime wrestling fans know a stagnant wrestling style when we see it. The 5 move argument is slightly unfair because most wrestles do usually go back to the moves they are most comfortable with, but I think the great ones improvise and show you something a little bit different as their careers develop and blossom. If you do not enjoy watching someone’s match and you do not appreciate how they cut promos how can you like them? I respect the fact that he is going out there contributing to hours of free wrestling entertainment every week.

I do not think people should just jump on a Cena hater bandwagon because it is cool, but I think many people have valid reasons not to like him outside of overexposure.
    the whole '5 moves of doom' argument is absurd because that's most wrestlers. When was the last time you saw the Undertaker do something really innovative? Or Kane? But no one has a problem with Kane's title push. Orton, CM Punk, Edge, Kofi Kingston, Triple H, The Miz, Sheamus, MVP, Mysterio, etc. ALL follow the same basic formula when it comes to movesets. That's not a reason to dislike Cena. I'm not in any way his biggest fan, but all the Cena hate stems from his popularity and overexposure. And as a society, when something becomes too popular, a large amount of people will turn on it. Just ask Dane Cook. It's become the cool thing to do to dislike something the majority of people enjoy. No one had this chip on their shoulder when Cena went through his first title chase, and the months that followed. But when he became too popular, with the movie, the album, "5 questions with the champ", etc....that's when the boos started. You can sit there and say you never liked him, but at least 7 out of 10 people that say that are full of it. You can't sit there and honestly tell me he doesn't have in ring ability, because if not, he would've never been brought up to the main roster. I've seen more botches from taker than i have from Cena. It's thick headedness that's Cena's demise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justdawg08
    He is a lot better than other wrestlers.... Randy Orton for example. CENA IS WAAAAY better. He keeps a match fast paced when he is on the offense and basically anytime Cena isn't getting beat down for half the match, he's got the fans on their feet. Say what you will... but when Cena moves he moves.

He is a professional, he worked The Hammerstein vs RVD and he's done everything he needed to do. Cena deserves the spot he is in and he works hard.
    I think Orton is probably a more talented wrestler then Cena, but both of them have gotten very stale with their move sets. You hardly ever see these guys improvise and move outside of their standard 5 moves. When they do it seems like it has planned out way in advance; for example Cena's ridiculous drop kick several weeks ago on RAW.

To be fair management probably forces them to do moves that get the most reaction from the crowd.

whether you like to admit it or not, Cena is the reason most fans have stopped watching WWE. He absolutely sucks as a wrestler. Period!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.