Blog Comments

I blame Hollywood! Taking all of the best superstars and putting them in pointless movies! (Except the Expendables) We've lost The Rock and Stone Cold to Hollywood, and they were probably the best things to ever happen to the WWF/E! If either of them were around, it wouldn't be able to be PG, they'd have to change the rating. Anyone else agree?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leg-end Killer
    I think WWE sold out!! Nah only joking. I think they have taken it away from the sports side of sports entertainment and have gone towards the entertainment side, whilst the big man getting beaten by the little man is good its only good when it happens only occasionaly.it just happens to much now,
    Also I think the advent of the internet age has helped the industry its easier to broadcast your product but I do yearn for the days when you exploded when your favorite won the tittle or won in a feud and you didnt know (although I accept that its peoples choice as to wheter to read sites like this one!) but it was also the fact that you actually believed that Shango had Warrior under a curse and Warrior could never beat him. although in retrospect maybe thats just me growing up!
    I absolutely agree 100% with every last thing you said. That's all I have to say, lol.
    I think WWE sold out!! Nah only joking. I think they have taken it away from the sports side of sports entertainment and have gone towards the entertainment side, whilst the big man getting beaten by the little man is good its only good when it happens only occasionaly.it just happens to much now,
    Also I think the advent of the internet age has helped the industry its easier to broadcast your product but I do yearn for the days when you exploded when your favorite won the tittle or won in a feud and you didnt know (although I accept that its peoples choice as to wheter to read sites like this one!) but it was also the fact that you actually believed that Shango had Warrior under a curse and Warrior could never beat him. although in retrospect maybe thats just me growing up!
    Quote Originally Posted by thepostman
    ahh this puts things in much better context. I am not saying this is a bad way, but trying to come off on an expert on all things WCW is like me at 27 trying to speak as an expert on the early 90's wrestling scene...I know what went on, but you can't speak as an expert.

Its clear you have been misinformed, and others are calling you out on it as well..

Don't get discouraged...just know if you post things that aren't accurate be prepared to be corrected. Admit you were wrong and move on...its something we all must learn. I thought I was an expert at 18 too...
    I admit I put down "wrong" things, but I was talking about storyline wise. That's what you don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLeeDude1892
    I never said TNA Fans know more about wrestling.

I am the ripe old age of 18 and been a fan of wrestling since the age of 3.

I have personally seen more Live FCW Events, than I have Live RAW or Smackdown Events. To me, they have a better feel.
    ahh this puts things in much better context. I am not saying this is a bad way, but trying to come off on an expert on all things WCW is like me at 27 trying to speak as an expert on the early 90's wrestling scene...I know what went on, but you can't speak as an expert.

Its clear you have been misinformed, and others are calling you out on it as well..

Don't get discouraged...just know if you post things that aren't accurate be prepared to be corrected. Admit you were wrong and move on...its something we all must learn. I thought I was an expert at 18 too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtspro
    Can you please reveal where you get your information from? After reading these two paragraphs, I stopped reading because I figured if there's so many inaccuracies in these two paragraphs alone, then how many others are there in the sections that follow these?

Owners: Vince McMahon is NOT the sole owner of the WWE. While the McMahon family control 97% of the voting, Vince is the majority stock holder. The WWE is a publicly traded company, which is why PPV buyrates are released to the public. TNA, on the other hand, is a privately owned company, owned by the Carter family. When TNA ran the storyline of Jeff Jarett being the founder of TNA, they never said he was the owner. When Panda Energies International bought TNA, the Carter family put Dixie Carter in as President of the Company. As for the president for WWE, John Laurinatis is only a Vice President.

Writers: Although Vince Russo has been behind a lot of the bookings, he is not the only person on the creative team, or Writer as you like to call him. The complexity of TNA's storylines of how far down the road they plan ahead, it's too much for one person to come up with alone. There are others who work with Russo, but they hardly allow themselves any airtime except for Russo himself. Since Russo is the most known of the creative team, the crowds chant "Fire Russo!" when they believe a gimmick match is too gimmicky. But there are more people who are behind the matches as well. Don't blame Russo since you don't have any other names to come up with.
    You don't understand what I'm talking about though. I know that the WWE is a publicly traded company. I am strictly talking about what is going on in the WWE when it comes to management and things like that. Why talk about the other 3%? I know that Bob Carter owns TNA, I know that Jeff doesn't. I know all of this, you aren't saying anything new. As for John Laurinatis, he is mentioned more as the President than Vice or anyone else that comes close. That's why I call him the President. No other names to come up with? Can you name another "Creator" in TNA that is in Russo's position? He is the head booker in TNA, with ONLY Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff along side with him, right now in TNA. There are no others. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by thepostman
    ahhh..die hard tna fans know more about wrestling.

How could I ever argue with that?

Its that kind of attitude that is rampant at the impact zone that is holding tna back.

In all seriousness how old are you? The answer to that will put things in better context.

As I said earlier I am not a TNA hater, just a wrestling realist. I enjoy TNA, WWE, the wrestling ROH has to offer and heading down the road here in tampa to see the future of WWE at FCW tapings. There is something to critique in everything I just mentioned. We all have our own opinions of talent. It does not mean you or I "know wrestling" better then another. Its fun to debate, but at the end of the day the only thing that matters is ppv buys and ratings. Not what people on the internet say.
    I never said TNA Fans know more about wrestling.

I am the ripe old age of 18 and been a fan of wrestling since the age of 3.

I have personally seen more Live FCW Events, than I have Live RAW or Smackdown Events. To me, they have a better feel.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.