Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by nrb6304
    I agree with some points, BUT i'd say you're wrong. I think CM Punk COULD be more of a poster boy for WWE if they turned him into a face, a full fledged face who promotes his sXe lifestyle. His "I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't take pills etc." could be as big as Hogans "Take your vitiams, say your prayers, train."
    The problem with that is that "I don't do drugs, I don't drinkk, I don't take pills etc" should be for teenagers instead of WWE's PG audience. You have to remember that most of WWE's audience is too young to be given the speech of "Don't do drugs"
    PG-Era or not, CM Punk can be a poster boy, you could say he was not a very good face, but I think with the right time and the right way to promote Punk he would have been a great face, the guy is good on the microphone and his wrestling style is well rounded.

Everyone was cheering for him when they tough he was going face Edge for the WHC, given the time he probably would have even received more cheers than Jeff Hardy have the WWE not decided to played like they did.

Even the Straight Edge life style is a positive message when not pushed as someone being superior to the rest but as an alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVipersCenation
    CM Punk is not the best, and never will be.. We all know Jericho, Shawn Micheals, and most of the classic wrestlers are better.
    Well, Shawn Michaels, Jericho and the other classic wrestlers are inactive so rephrase your point. Who active is better than Punk all around? God help you if you say Cena or Orton.
    that big show looks thin
    I believe he was speaking on being a "Heal" poster boy. They do exist.
    POSTER EXAMPLES

and this cup

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wrestlemania-27-...item336896881c

Punk could have very easily be put on this cup. Replacing maybe Kofi or John Morrison, whom I both like but Punk and Orton had a big match. Kofi? Last minute addition, JoMo? Snooki.
    Point a heel can be part of the face of a company AKA a
    "Poster Boy"

Fin.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVipersCenation
    CM Punk is not the best, and never will be.. We all know Jericho, Shawn Micheals, and most of the classic wrestlers are better.
    God, please say this again. Then look at your screen name...
    what the fuck

Fin.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrb6304
    Made me LOL.

Obviously they'd have to turn Punk face in order to heavily promote his sXe lifestyle. Good point though on the fact that the media could start knocking WWE for CM Punk being the only one NOT doing something. But, honestly a lot of the "big bodies" in WWE have faded away. I mean if you look at the roster, it's probably the smallest roster the WWE's had in YEARS. Cena, Sheamus, Mason Ryan uh.....yeah I honestly can't think of anybody else that really STICKS OUT as a possible "juicer" everybody else is small OR just naturally large (Kane, Big Show, Mark Henry). I honestly don't think WWE is worried too much about the media trying to knock em

yeah normally they wouldnt care, but with Linda Mcmahon thinking of a senate run in 2012 theyre being carefull cause the last time they had the whole benoit and pills thrown at her, I agree with youre point though and im bein a douche by playing devils advocate
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.