Blog Comments

I didn't even bother to read your blog but just your title just made me laugh you must be a CENA FAN
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBS
    Touche.

But I think you can give anybody a long title reign but the fans are gonna have to buy into the title reign or else it won't work.
    Fair enough. A great example of this would probably have to be The Miz' long US title reign last year. He barely defended his title, and lost several matches to "newcomers", such as Daniel Bryan.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One
    Not if they have monthly title reigns like Impact Wrestling do :P
    Touche.

But I think you can give anybody a long title reign but the fans are gonna have to buy into the title reign or else it won't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBS
    To be honest, long title reigns doesn't make a title prestigious. The variety of great wrestlers who hold the title makes it more prestigious.
    Not if they have monthly title reigns like Impact Wrestling do :P
    To be honest, long title reigns doesn't make a title prestigious. The variety of great wrestlers who hold the title makes it more prestigious.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One
    I would have put everything you just said into my blog, except it would be too long :P
    However, I agree with most of what you just said. Again, I stress the reason that I created this blog was to point out the negatives to an otherwise enjoyable period in wrestling. Many fans always bring up the Attitude Era as this perfect time in wrestling, when it wasn't. Its easy to just say how amazing those times were, but hard to admit that it had its weaknesses - which is what I aimed to address in my blog.
    Point taken. and yes, nothing is perfect. I have got to tell you, I loved that era but like everything, it has its flaws.

Then again, it was cool while it lasted
    Quote Originally Posted by maar13
    Good blog man, but in the analysis you are just pointing to the negatives, which is a good analogy of the negatives, but all the positives are left out.

Also, with out going too far into this, want to know why the Attitude Era was not overrated? Because everyone keeps bringing the damn subject. I mean there are lots of people who wants it to be back (which is a big mistake in my view) and some other like you want to point more to the parts of why it was not the best time. Trying to diminish its impact to the business as whole. Also Angle and Jericho were part of the attitude Era, the last part but they were, so where the Radicalz.

Your argument is like the one of people saying "Hogan could be replaced back then and anyone could take that role". Absolutely wrong, Hogan, as much as I dislike him, is a unique individual and no one could take that role and be like him, case and point? Lex Luger and The Ultimate Warrior.

Should the Attitude era last forever? No, like everything, it had its time and its time was great, but everything needs to evolve, is just the way life is.

Should it be brought back? No, see the statement above, case and point? TNA during past years, not right now, everyone have seen that and now something new has to come up.

People don't really realize that things has to progress, that is why someone like Cena is a constant but is not gathering more fans, He can claim he is himself and there are no heels or faces anymore on twitter, but he is a clear cut face and deep down he knows it and is nothing wrong with that, but he is. That is why when TNA relies to violence does not gathers more fans, all of us have seen or known about that before.

That is why someone like CM Punk is appealing right now, he is no Hogan, or Stone Cold by a long shot, he is different, is he the guy to carry all from now on? Only time will tell, maybe he is not and is just preparing the floor for someone else.

Why the Attitude Era should not get back? because its time has passed, you don't bring back dead because you never know what you are really bringing back, with out the stars that formed part of it, there is no Attitude Era, now it is time for something different, when will this come up, who knows but the Attitude Era was great and should stay Dead as it is right now.
    I would have put everything you just said into my blog, except it would be too long :P
    However, I agree with most of what you just said. Again, I stress the reason that I created this blog was to point out the negatives to an otherwise enjoyable period in wrestling. Many fans always bring up the Attitude Era as this perfect time in wrestling, when it wasn't. Its easy to just say how amazing those times were, but hard to admit that it had its weaknesses - which is what I aimed to address in my blog.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.