Blog Comments

I've been a fan of Sting since his days in the UWF all the way through the NWA/WCW & now TNA. Sting has stated on many occasions that he couldn't trust the way Uncle Vince would handle his character. I can only see him respectfully accepting his HOF induction from WWE & nothing more. And even in his mid 50's he's trying to put on somewhat decent matches but more importantly he's building up the younger talent so that wrestling has a future. We will never-never-never see Steve Borden step foot in a WWE ring to wrestle because of the way they treat talent made in other companies. Remember what the Rock said to Booker T" Just who the hell are you?", Dusty Rhodes dancing in polka dots(20 years later I'm just starting to get that out of my head), they turned TAZ into a b*tch, Mick Foley into a clown, so on & so on. Sting is doing what he believes is truely best for THE BUISNESS, he doesn't need the paycheck & he doesn't have to start all over again from the bottom just to put 'Taker over...if I remember correctly he beat Mark 25 years ago(easily) so he keeps the respect & his hard earned reputation in tact all while grooming the next group of wrestlers for greatness. Mad love & much repect to the Icon for sticking to his guns!
    No offense dude, but that ending would suck for us all! I don't think STING would go unless it was under terms he would be comfortable with. Icon Crow vs Taker, a guy who never wrestles and beats Sting would not work...given his lack of trust with Vince and the Sting character! He would possibly agree to ending the streak, with a No Contest, with maybe all the big names in the WWE coming out and encouraging them both to stop! Talent tries to get in the ring to stop the carnage, with Taker and Sting fighting them off...suddenly the lights go...come back on and they are both gone. Did the streak end? He didn't lose? If Sting comes out again, it would be as Steve Borden who wants to take over WWE, as General Manager, COO and Owner as payback for the WWE buy-out and as the Iconic Savior of Wrestling! The Crow in the rafters will not happen in the WWE given the Owen Hart tragedy!
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I would also only bring Sting in for this one match.

They may be older...but this match is the sort that would bring out the very best in both. Sting can work out and get into top shape, much like Taker used to do. If they both did that, and just let it all out for 15-20 minutes, with Undertaker winning with the Tombstone.

They face off afterwards and the lights go out, the lightning strikes...Undertaker is left alone in the ring. We never hear from Sting in WWE again.
    Updated 10-24-2013 at 09:05 PM by 5 Finger Death Punch
    Why does Sting have to lose to Taker at WM? Why can't he be the one to stop the streak?
    Sting VS Taker match is something I have been dreaming of for over 15 years. That being said I think both guys are just too old for the match, I mean Sting is in pretty good shape for his age but Taker is on the edge of falling apart. Just wanted to make one correction to your blog good sir. "Finally beating Flair at Starrcade for that same title." Sting actually finally beat Flair for the title at The Great American Bash '90 and unmasked The Black Scorpion at Starrcade '90 who happened to be Flair. But great blog man, really enjoyed the read.
    Although the wrestling fan in me would go nuts to see this match, consider this:
    CM Punk- 34 yrs old
    Sting- 54
    Taker- 48
    That's quite a step from WM 29. Also, for him to come for 1 match is simply well-wishing, it's unrealistic. I think we'll see this convo again next year, along with 2pac is still alive and big foot was seen in the mountains.
    I would also only bring Sting in for this one match.

They may be older...but this match is the sort that would bring out the very best in both. Sting can work out and get into top shape, much like Taker used to do. If they both did that, and just let it all out for 15-20 minutes, with Undertaker winning with the Tombstone.

They face off afterwards and the lights go out, the lightning strikes...Undertaker is left alone in the ring. We never hear from Sting in WWE again.
    I feel Sting and Taker have it in them to create something magical. CM Punk and Taker nearly stole the show at WM29. No reason the Icon and Deadman can't do the same even at this stage of their careers. You have to remember that these two where at the top of the game for many, many years. Sometimes gone but never forgotten. Both of them stood behind two mega-stars in Flair and Hogan but are somehow more revered due to the fact they have not had controversy outside the ring. Despite their age, these two giants of the sport can still bring it. Definitely respect all of your opinions. This is just mine. Thanks again for reading!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.