Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Kajmere
    I think out of your 3 possibilities, the GM is the most likely. There is no way he'd debut in a Rumble that he has no chance of winning, his return match deserves notice and promotion. As far as one or two more matches, I haven't read any updates on how his back has been doing in months, but we all know he wants it. A career match against Taker would be legendary, but their combine ages are just too high. It would be worse than the whole Sting-Taker thing. As far as who should end his career, I think they should move forward with the old John Cena idea. Either way, everyone would love to see him participate at WM 30 regardless of whether or not he wrestles.
    I think his return in some facet at WM 30 is inevitable...Vince wants this to be electric and what better way then to bring in the real american,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by RLRtheSecond
    I was just thinking about this earlier. And depending on how healthy and strong his back is, can you imagine if an angle is worked with Big Show, setting up a match at Wrestlemania between the two? The whole time during the build up, Hogan's strength and age are called in to question. During the match, Hogan is able to lift Big Show and slam him, just like he did Andre 27 years ago... i think that would be a perfect final in-ring moment for the Hulkster. After that, he can hang around WWE in a GM role or as a manager of a young up and comer or whatever. But i think even the most jaded of wrestling fans would have to smile at Hogan slamming a giant in the middle of the ring at Wrestlemania.
    That is an excellent idea and then drop the big leg drop....
    I love the Hulkster but I don't think his body could withstand another run, at best a no dq match at mania 30 with minimal bumps would be just about possible i think, but we have to be realistic and realise his body is badly beaten up at this point. All this being said, I would enjoy a nostalgic Flair v Hogan at Mania 30.
    I was just thinking about this earlier. And depending on how healthy and strong his back is, can you imagine if an angle is worked with Big Show, setting up a match at Wrestlemania between the two? The whole time during the build up, Hogan's strength and age are called in to question. During the match, Hogan is able to lift Big Show and slam him, just like he did Andre 27 years ago... i think that would be a perfect final in-ring moment for the Hulkster. After that, he can hang around WWE in a GM role or as a manager of a young up and comer or whatever. But i think even the most jaded of wrestling fans would have to smile at Hogan slamming a giant in the middle of the ring at Wrestlemania.
    Only thing that I would find interesting would be if Hogan came in and helped Cesaro turn face as a true "Real American" and have them feud with Swagger and Zeb
    I think out of your 3 possibilities, the GM is the most likely. There is no way he'd debut in a Rumble that he has no chance of winning, his return match deserves notice and promotion. As far as one or two more matches, I haven't read any updates on how his back has been doing in months, but we all know he wants it. A career match against Taker would be legendary, but their combine ages are just too high. It would be worse than the whole Sting-Taker thing. As far as who should end his career, I think they should move forward with the old John Cena idea. Either way, everyone would love to see him participate at WM 30 regardless of whether or not he wrestles.
    I'm not sure if Hogan fits the new age of wrestling. TNA took a chance with his past success to see if it could catapult them into a legit player in the industry, but it failed. I'm not sure if he could bring anymore value to WWE. They would basically be doing him a favor if they signed him to a short term deal.

What if backfires though? What if he becomes over in a major way, then when the deal's done, TNA signs him back and piggy back off his success while it's still fresh on everyone's mind? Not sure if WWE would take that chance.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.