Blog Comments

Hogan and Savage didn't wrestle each other at WrestleMania 4. They wrestled at WrestleMania 5. WrestleMania 4 featured the WWF World Title Tournament in which Randy Savage beat Ted DeBiase in the finals.
    I like the overall message of the blog, whether or not we all agree on the little facts. The thing with today's stars is that they have the possibility of blowing up overnight and becoming famous. Guys like Bret Hart and HBK didn't have social media and stuff, they had to take years to climb up the ladder. That's not to say that DB and Punk didn't work their asses off, but it's annoying when I see people say that they are among the greatest ever when they've only been on top for a few years combined. As unpopular as it sounds, I think that DB and Punk are both a little overrated. Not a lot, but a little. Are they 2 of the best guys in wrestling today? Yes, but that's not saying a lot. I also agree with the comment above about the Pipebomb being overrated. It was a good promo, but these people that are nutting in their pants over it need to get real. Punk is not the first person to break the 4th wall, not by a long shot. "Wow, he talked about Vince and said he wanted ice cream, this guy is the real deal!" lol C'mon people.

As far as HITC and the current WWE storylines, I'm enjoying it. I definitely enjoyed this PPV more than the one 3 weeks ago. WWE is definitely doing a better job right now than they were doing last year at this exact moment, so perhaps we should take solace in that. The one thing that is kind of annoying to me is the Big Show involvement. I like his non-wrestling role thus far, but how is this supposed to culminate? A match against Orton or HHH? Does anyone anywhere actually want to see that match? Bc I sure as hell don't. Now it seems like they are trying to move Punk and DB towards the Wyatts to possibly make room for that Big Show match that nobody wants to see. We'll still keep watching bc there's plenty of other interesting happenings right now. It's really just like any other movie or TV show, you ultimately just have to accept it or quit watching.
    I am going to go on a rant for a little bit. Your point #1 is right on. The moment he came back, I stopped watching again. I have watched wrestling since the mid 80s and have seen the ups and downs. Nothing got me more excited than Punk's speech a few years ago. I really thought he was going to pull something magical off. Guess what...he did not. Punk is in it for the money and that is why he came back in 8 days. Nothing else. He, Vince, and the WWE screwed us like nothing else before. Everyone seems to be okay with it. Why? Is Vince so tightly wound that he could not bare to see his belt at any other promotion. That would be been the greatest thing ever. So, yes, the WWE turned me off again. I read the reports, keep in touch when I can..but until things get better, I would rather wrestle with my boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    The only constructive feedback/criticism I have on this blog is your claim of no main eventer being pinned after a single Super Kick. If you're referring to some of his many 5 star matches with Undertaker, HHH, Bret Hart, John Cena, etc...then yes.

However, this is Daniel Bryan we're talking about. He is nowhere near that caliber, and probably will never reach that height.
    I guess it depends on what you mean by "caliber." I certainly feel at this point in his career, it's reasonable to compare Bryan to a guy like Bret Hart. Great in ring, middling on the mic, not a prototypical main eventer from a size standpoint.

The finish was obviously meant to protect Bryan, which is great. I just feel there are better ways to do it.
    The only constructive feedback/criticism I have on this blog is your claim of no main eventer being pinned after a single Super Kick. If you're referring to some of his many 5 star matches with Undertaker, HHH, Bret Hart, John Cena, etc...then yes.

However, this is Daniel Bryan we're talking about. He is nowhere near that caliber, and probably will never reach that height.
    I agree with your thoughts for the most part. If you want to go out of your way to follow Dolphin1925 than that is your choice. This is nothing out of the ordinary in the entertainment business these days. Every reality show that has a winner such as Survivor or The Bachelor have spoilers online as well.

On another note, Dolphin1925 is not good for the online betting sites. Yes, you can bet on WWE PPV matches on some betting sites, for those that are unaware. However, there is a $50 limit and the odds are very accurate so it would be tough for anybody to make any of these sites "go broke" despite how much inside information they have. However, if you do an 8 match parlay for $50, you could make over $1,000. I have never bet on wrestling but I am guessing some of the readers on this site probably have. That being said, I would hate to see Dolphin1925 ruin the pleasure that some of the other wrestling fans get out of betting on PPV matches.
    Hi ejorbit, I always enjoy reading your blogs because they're well thought out and mature, and they hit on topics above and beyond what we see on TV. I'm sort of in between the "journey" guys and the "destination" guys. I never read spoilers because I'd prefer not to know what happens at the end of a match. Still, even if I did know who wins, I'd still watch a match because I do enjoy the actual wrestling. I'd probably enjoy it a little less, however, if I knew the final results. What bothers me is why some people go to great extent to find out what's going to happen in the future. It's almost like a game with them, that they "win" if they find out the results ahead of time so they can post them to the internet wrestling folks. That they somehow got one over on everyone else. But that's just moronic! Who cares if you know who's going to win? Keep it to yourself. I'd prefer not to know who the surprise Royal Rumble entrants are going to be until they actually appear in the match. So I never read the spoilers. It's fine that spoilers are listed, for people who like them or who miss a show. I come to wrestling sites such as this to find out some back stage stories that I otherwise wouldn't know, and to hear from other wrestling fans what they think about certain things. I don't get people who have to know what's going to happen in advance. Learn some patience, and enjoy the show without worrying about every little aspect of it.

Looking forward to your next blog.
Page 1 of 15 123 11 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.