View RSS Feed

ejorbit

1. Create a Superstar: Daniel Bryan and The WWE Perspective

With all the talk these days about Daniel Bryan and if he should or shouldn't be champion, I thought it would be a good time to write a blog from (the presumed) corporate perspective. So let's get into it.

What makes a "top superstar?" To answer this we must first look at how wrestling has historically been viewed as a sport/form of entertainment. Traditionally, wrestling has ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Hell in a Cell: The Art of Timing

This blog contains HiaC SPOILERS.

It's been awhile since my last blog entry. It has less to do with a lack of material (I have around a dozen ideas I'd like to cover) and more of a lack of motivation. But after watching last nights Hell in a Cell ppv, I figured, "eh, why not." So here we go.

Before I really get into it, I'd like to mention that I paid to watch ...

Updated 10-28-2013 at 08:35 PM by Frank

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Dolphins1925 and the Great (Non) Controversy

“Do what’s right for business. Please stop the leaks. #RAW”
    -Dolphins1925

Spoilers aren’t new to the wrestling industry. As long as there’s been someone who’s wanted an inside scoop, there’s been someone there to provide it. Back in the early days of the Monday Night Wars, WCW provided their entire audience with RAW spoilers in order to pull in extra business. The ...

Updated 08-26-2013 at 12:28 AM by ejorbit

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Homophobia in the Wrestling Community 2: Enter Darren Young

Prelude:

Those who read my original “Homophobia in the Wrestling Community” blog a couple weeks back are aware that I left the door open to write one or more follow up pieces down the line. While I feel discrimination is in important issue in all walks of life, I wasn’t necessarily interested in making it the core theme for successive entries. So I wrote a blog about blood in wrestling ...

Updated 08-17-2013 at 02:39 PM by ejorbit

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Color Me Blood Red: The Black and White Era

Note: Thanks to everyone for the wonderful responses to my last entry. I'll write a part 2 in the near future but for now....

"He is wearing the proverbial crimson mask!"

Modern WWE programming isn’t made with me in mind. It took me awhile to realize, but once I did, I was able to better appreciate the product. I am no longer the target demographic. It was ...

Updated 08-11-2013 at 01:15 AM by ejorbit

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Homophobia in the Wrestling Community

Note: This blog entry contains explicit content in the form of profanity and other offensive language.

Prologue:

I want to say right off the bat; I’m not looking to pick fights with this post. I’m going to ramble and it may not always tie into wrestling perfectly but it’s not that kind of post. I’m not going to say that my opinions are right and everyone should ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. The Great(?) White Hype – Dissecting Sheamus

Note: I hope people like titles that reference obscure movies, cause that mission is a go.

I’m about to delve into the world of increasingly unpopular opinion; I like Sheamus. I do. I think he’s pretty good. Not great, not face of your company worthy, but good. Unfortunately he, with a little help from creative, has been digging a hole that will become increasing hard for him to ...

Updated 07-24-2013 at 02:39 AM by ejorbit

Categories
    Uncategorized
  8. Yes, Your Time Is Now: Cena v Bryan

Entry 7.

Five weeks. Five weeks can pass in the blink of an eye. When compared to a year, or a decade, or a century, five weeks is nothing. Five weeks is a drop in the bucket. But what if it's not? What if five weeks is really an eternity? What if no matter how many times you slept and how many times you awoke, it felt like your desired date would never truly be within reach? For fans, ...

Updated 07-21-2013 at 11:02 AM by ejorbit

Categories
    Uncategorized
  9. Pin Me/Pay Me: The Value of Wins in Wrestling

Entry 6.

Orton wins MitB! Everyone's mad!

For my last blog, I wrote about the value of titles in the modern era; today, I tackle wins and loses.

Let's start with the basics. I mean the basic basics. Grass roots stuff. Wrestling is a work. I just blew your mind, I know. It's common knowledge on the level of Santa not being real (spoilers). But as basic as it ...

Updated 07-17-2013 at 03:29 PM by ejorbit

Categories
    Uncategorized
  10. Subtle Shift: The Value of Titles

Entry 5.

Before I get into the meat of this blog, I’d like to establish three important dates:

1) 4/26/09 – Backlash – The last time John Cena held/challenged for the World Heavyweight Championship (at least on ppv). This would also mark the end of the World Heavyweight Championship being Raw exclusive.
    2) 10/3/10 – Hell in a Cell – The last time a World ...

Updated 07-08-2013 at 11:42 AM by ejorbit

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.