Blog Comments

Really don't like this idea, well written but The Shield is one of the best things going in the WWE right now and are coming onto bigger things, and you want to see them dismantled? People would bitch about this to the moon and back
    I don't like the idea. Champions should defend their own title. Chyna/Jericho can't be compared to this because they were tied. That is why they defended the title like that. Spirit Squad was basically the same two every time. Kenny was always in there defending the tag belts. I believe Mikey was the other aka Mike Mondo. I think it would be better just to let Ambrose be the first to lose his title to whoever like Summerslam....I know short reign. Anyways, he gets jealous he no longer has no gold. Other two make jokes and he goes out to find a partner on his own. Him and whoever loses, but next tag title match that doesn't include Ambrose. He costs the team the tag belts. Get rematch and lose while blaming each other which ends the Shield. They go where ever.....depends on who you book him against. If you begin booking them to lose every week.....they are going to become a jobber. If you book them strong against the likes of Sheamus and pick up some victories such as Reigns vs him.....he could be in the main event soon afterwards.
    I do think keeping the Shield as a team for an extended period would be a good idea. If only for the fact we don't get lengthy story lines much anymore. But the main reason I chose MITB and Summerslam is because I think they deserve their dissolution at one of the big four and with the next one after being survivor series I'd fear a pointless team ambrose vs team Rollins which would take away from them themselves. Ideally I guess WM would be ideal but then it could easily be brushed aside by a part timer beating another one.
    I think it's a case of is there enough of a threat in the current roster to keep the Shield looking powerful and interesting or will their dominance end up working against them which could damage their future careers
    It would be a cool concept, each of the shield members being a tag champ or US champ at anytime. Leave good story for like say one member being resentful that he's never the singles champ, maybe two members feuding over the US belt, or even two turning on one. Would make for interesting television to say the very least.
    Good blog. Its a good scenario, but I have a few questions for you.

If that scenario played out, the group wouldn't be able to survive. Much like when HHH turned on Orton in Evolution. The Shield would have been together for like 8 months. Do you think they should break up the Shield that quickly? Do you feel that keeping the Shield together for an extended period of time would not only benefit programming but the future of all three of their careers?

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.