Blog Comments

I don't think it matters how often a title change hands. Title reigns become unrealistic when everyone holds lengthy title reigns.

WWe's problem is that their titles mean nothing.

WWe/WHC/IC/US:
    Cena is bigger than these titles. No matter who is champion, they hold a back seat to Cena.

Tag-Team Championship:
    The WWe doesn't have enough teams to make this title meaningful.

Divas:
    Same thing as with the WWe title. Before recently, the most care about Divas(The Funk chicks/AJ/Vickie) care little to nothing about the Divas title. A Divas title match will take a back seat to a match involving AJ,Vickie,and/or The Funk girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by weems
    I agree that champions should not be losing matches until it is time to drop the belt. In fact, I agree with the gist of the blog despite the fact that it was impossible to read since you did not proof read it before posting. The site does have a feature that allows you to make edits after posting which I would highly recommend you do to fix all of the typos. "It ishard to readyour blog when youcombine words and don't usethe spacebar."
    I appologize for the errors. I did try to fix them. This is just my first blog on this site, I'll get better as i learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagg
    I dont agree in terms of titles changing hands rapidly right now, back in the attitude era, belts changed constantly. the IC title especially. The world title i think they just did because theyre realizing del rio is a flop as a babyface and Ziggler needed to win the title in that building. But i agree when we talk about the champions treated like jokes.
    I felt in Jan/Feb that they were finally getting somewhere, with Cesaro holding the title longer than anyone in years, and it all amounted to nothing, where he lost for months in non title matches and by the time he lost his title, nobody cared, pretty sure not even Kofi.
    Titles are never defended, champions are always losing. Aside from Cenas belt, i truly believe the titles dont even need to be there because theyre pointless. If anything, Dolph Ziggler, is currently holding the old IC title from the 80's era, rather than being deemed a world champion himself.
    You couldn't have said it any better.
    I dont agree in terms of titles changing hands rapidly right now, back in the attitude era, belts changed constantly. the IC title especially. The world title i think they just did because theyre realizing del rio is a flop as a babyface and Ziggler needed to win the title in that building. But i agree when we talk about the champions treated like jokes.
    I felt in Jan/Feb that they were finally getting somewhere, with Cesaro holding the title longer than anyone in years, and it all amounted to nothing, where he lost for months in non title matches and by the time he lost his title, nobody cared, pretty sure not even Kofi.
    Titles are never defended, champions are always losing. Aside from Cenas belt, i truly believe the titles dont even need to be there because theyre pointless. If anything, Dolph Ziggler, is currently holding the old IC title from the 80's era, rather than being deemed a world champion himself.
    I agree that champions should not be losing matches until it is time to drop the belt. In fact, I agree with the gist of the blog despite the fact that it was impossible to read since you did not proof read it before posting. The site does have a feature that allows you to make edits after posting which I would highly recommend you do to fix all of the typos. "It ishard to readyour blog when youcombine words and don't usethe spacebar."
    While it wouldn't work as well now, I always thought during the height of the brand split that the PPV between RR and WM should have been a Bragging Rights type highlighted by Champion vs Champion to see which title would main event WM...
    As for Truth's comments about PPV identities... I never was a fan of the gimmick PPV's. I think it kinda took away from the significance of the matches. I'd rather see a Hell in the Cell or TLC match as a final end to a feud, not a yearly PPV...
    As painful as it is to agree with certain aspects of this blog I would agree that each ppv needs an identity. While the E has progressed in this (Money in the Bank, Hell in the Cell) it still needs a LOT of work (Over the Limit, Payback). Night of Champions should be champ vs champ even if it is a US vs Intercontinential title match.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.