Blog Comments

I agree. Hardcore Justice was decent...I wouldn't call it particularly great, or even good. The matches were good but each one had a crap ending. Also, I think it's hard to pack a PPV quality freebie into 2 hrs. they should cut a deal w/ Spike to make these 3 hrs, or at least allow a bit of an overrun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin

I’m curious; if you enjoy such debates over said topics, why would your choice be to “go against the grain” of something you enjoy? Do you prefer not to challenge yourself to be the spark of these conversations, opting to go in the direction away from intellectual debate?

I like to challenge myself...but it's just not what I prefer to present in this blog.

And for the record, I never said that that the blog was “brain dead dumb”, rather I was explaining to you that blogs such as these only further the stereotype that all internet fans are as such.

I think there's a stronger stereotype where internet fans, especially wrestling internet fans, can't take a joke and are too serious. That's the stereotype I feel is most prevalent.

The moments, in which you expressed enjoyment from the show, you brushed past (Joe/Hardy, Roode’s segment) and chose only to focus your rant around the negatives. It’s more obvious in that you took time to rant about the ONO advert rather than expressing your thoughts on the actually mixed tag match.
    You know, the theme of the blog is to make fun of the silly things, and here's the problem...if there's a good match or segment, it's hard to really pick on. Instead, I'll just usually acknowledge that what was presented was in fact good.
    You focused solely on trying to make a comical aspect out of what you didn’t like, yet didn’t express interest in the things you did like. It appears as if you are more invested into the things you don’t enjoy, which makes you come across as a troll; if you would have provided anything comical outside of far reaches for lackluster “jokes”, I might have called it a sense of humor.
    Even if my jokes were bad, I don't equate bad jokes to trolling personally, but what can I say if someone else does.

Want to hear something even more amusing? Just as you think the IWC lacks a sense of humor, I also think that the IWC lacks the ability to accept that because someone points out the flaws in their logic, while doing so in a way that isn’t saying “you’re shit sucks, bro”, doesn’t mean they are a “snob”.
    Yea...umm...okay. Not sure how that relates to this blog.

While I don’t spend my time on a crusade to better all members of the IWC in general, I do take offense when people spread things that help to affirm the position that people inside the industry I love have for those like me in the IWC. So when I come across blogs that further this stereotype, I do take the time to comment on them.
    If you're really trying to earn the respect of those in the industry, forget it. This is what matters to them $$$. They'll say they respect the fans...but they don't. If they did respect in listen to the IWC, you wouldn't be seeing so much of Cena or Hogan (although he has been absent the last two weeks), the virtual anti-christs of wrestling to a majority of the community. They don't wonder every week about how to show the fanbase respect, but rather how to make more money off said fanbase. Not that there's anything wrong with that, considering we're living in a capitalist society which I do believe in. And I really wouldn't worry about this blog affirming that position of us to the people inside the industry. Chances are they stopped reading my blog after the first entry.
    [/QUOTE]

To my final note, I bolded a part which is interesting; you considered a blog filled with ramblings about a show to be a “critique”, correct? What I don’t get is why so many associate this word with negativity alone. Yes, as a critic you can point out the flaws in something but most who actually “critique” ones work express ways of improving on said issue being critiqued; something I couldn’t find anywhere in your blog. Yes, you validly pointed out the things you found to be ridiculous, but by not expressing a counter option or a preferred opinion as to what you would have done, you come across as cynical, with a desperate “look at me” style flavor…

Can you now see how one would consider you to be a “troll” of the TNA fans or another WD who is just looking for people to jump on his bandwagon of negativity?

My blogs aren't all negative joke. Is it a majority? Yes. But I do give credit where credit is due, it may not be as noticeable between one blog and the next. Just depends on the mood I'm in after the show. And after reviewing my blog, if you thought the negative jokes were on the high side here, you clearly are a first (and from the sounds of it, last) reader of my blog, because I considered it on the light side myself. And I do offer differing opinions from time to time, but prefer to take the approach I've chosen. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think you need to take a good jab at the industry every now and then. If some people consider that trolling, well, their minds are made up.
    Updated 08-11-2013 at 01:56 AM by wil2197
    Quote Originally Posted by wil2197
    I wish you were a fan of Regular Show or Adventure Time, so you could tell me what the hell those are.

Adolescent humor appreciated by the likes of those in the 5th grade is the best description I can present. The kids in my 10 year olds class are quite fond of the pointless show. They are essentially Sponge Bob for pre-teens.

I'm growing older myself, an even thirty right now, and I also enjoy the intelligent debate over a wide variety of topics, including Wrestling. There's nothing wrong with that, we don't need to be brain dead dumb. And I fully respect that their are more intelligent blogs like the person that has tried to spark a meaningful, as hard as it is, conversation on Chris Benoit (although I think doing a second blog on his son was a little much). I like those blogs. Personally, I prefer to go against the grain in this case. I don't think it means that this blog is brain dead dumb, although you are entitled to say that. This is the style I choose to present, and it will not be enjoyed by all, even a vast majority in a community that does tend to get quite hostile towards one another. That's fine. If someone doesn't like one entry, I fully don't expect them to read another entry.

I’m curious; if you enjoy such debates over said topics, why would your choice be to “go against the grain” of something you enjoy? Do you prefer not to challenge yourself to be the spark of these conversations, opting to go in the direction away from intellectual debate?

And for the record, I never said that that the blog was “brain dead dumb”, rather I was explaining to you that blogs such as these only further the stereotype that all internet fans are as such. The moments, in which you expressed enjoyment from the show, you brushed past (Joe/Hardy, Roode’s segment) and chose only to focus your rant around the negatives. It’s more obvious in that you took time to rant about the ONO advert rather than expressing your thoughts on the actually mixed tag match.

You focused solely on trying to make a comical aspect out of what you didn’t like, yet didn’t express interest in the things you did like. It appears as if you are more invested into the things you don’t enjoy, which makes you come across as a troll; if you would have provided anything comical outside of far reaches for lackluster “jokes”, I might have called it a sense of humor.

You see, it's fine not to like my blogs, hate my blogs, print them out and spit on them, perfectly fine. And I don't agree with your comments on me being a "troll", I personally call it a sense of humor (something I feel the IWC does lack nowadays), I still considered it to be a valid critique. And you're point was pretty much made. When you decide to post this line, "
    I just find it sad that this is what some think to be a good usage of their time rather than actually improving in some form or facet of life," and there it is. There's the perception of being prickish snobs that follows around the IWC. Although quite frankly, the fact that you go around the internet yourself reading wrestling blogs and choosing whether to praise or denounce, shows me that if I need to go to someone to teach me how to improve my life, you're on the bottom of the list.

PS - Don't ever accuse me of participating in the Twitter crap that wrestling promotion like to take advantage of.

Want to hear something even more amusing? Just as you think the IWC lacks a sense of humor, I also think that the IWC lacks the ability to accept that because someone points out the flaws in their logic, while doing so in a way that isn’t saying “you’re shit sucks, bro”, doesn’t mean they are a “snob”.

While I don’t spend my time on a crusade to better all members of the IWC in general, I do take offense when people spread things that help to affirm the position that people inside the industry I love have for those like me in the IWC. So when I come across blogs that further this stereotype, I do take the time to comment on them.

To my final note, I bolded a part which is interesting; you considered a blog filled with ramblings about a show to be a “critique”, correct? What I don’t get is why so many associate this word with negativity alone. Yes, as a critic you can point out the flaws in something but most who actually “critique” ones work express ways of improving on said issue being critiqued; something I couldn’t find anywhere in your blog. Yes, you validly pointed out the things you found to be ridiculous, but by not expressing a counter option or a preferred opinion as to what you would have done, you come across as cynical, with a desperate “look at me” style flavor…

Can you now see how one would consider you to be a “troll” of the TNA fans or another WD who is just looking for people to jump on his bandwagon of negativity?
    I watch TNA because i love wrestling, Most of TNAs matchs are top notch but story wise.....No.

Glad to have amused you by my "hallarious" commentary. While I am fully behind the picking apart of flaws in effort to open the forum for discussion on the topic, the non-sensible diatribes and ramblings in your blog where quite anti-climactic for the amount of effort spent typing up said ramblings. I'd figure a scripted show centered on false fighting to have moments that aren't so much logical in thought, but I guess I expect more out of people in life who aren’t participating in said “scripted show” but rather are sadly expressing such anti-logical thoughts as being true thoughts. Like I said, your cheap shot humor seems something more suited towards a younger crowd who is more into the adolescent humor you present. But don't be offended by this; I'm not a fan of Regular Show or Adventure Time either.

It's just part of growing older I suppose; I'd prefer to read something that sparks interest and discussion as opposed to ones failed attempt to humorously point out all the things they don't like in order to get a rise out of those who are fans of a product, or a following out of those who dislike a product. Reading what you have posted leads me to believe you would have (or could have been) one of the people who participated in the #AskDixie debacle, which only furthered to confirm the stereotype that those inside the wrestling industry has about people like us; the members of the IWC are childish idiots. Just because we enjoy such a silly product doesn’t mean we should support this idea of being brain dead dumb in real life.
    I wish you were a fan of Regular Show or Adventure Time, so you could tell me what the hell those are.

I'm growing older myself, an even thirty right now, and I also enjoy the intelligent debate over a wide variety of topics, including Wrestling. There's nothing wrong with that, we don't need to be brain dead dumb. And I fully respect that their are more intelligent blogs like the person that has tried to spark a meaningful, as hard as it is, conversation on Chris Benoit (although I think doing a second blog on his son was a little much). I like those blogs. Personally, I prefer to go against the grain in this case. I don't think it means that this blog is brain dead dumb, although you are entitled to say that. This is the style I choose to present, and it will not be enjoyed by all, even a vast majority in a community that does tend to get quite hostile towards one another. That's fine. If someone doesn't like one entry, I fully don't expect them to read another entry.

You see, it's fine not to like my blogs, hate my blogs, print them out and spit on them, perfectly fine. And I don't agree with your comments on me being a "troll", I personally call it a sense of humor (something I feel the IWC does lack nowadays), I still considered it to be a valid critique. And you're point was pretty much made. When you decide to post this line, "I just find it sad that this is what some think to be a good usage of their time rather than actually improving in some form or facet of life," and there it is. There's the perception of being prickish snobs that follows around the IWC. Although quite frankly, the fact that you go around the internet yourself reading wrestling blogs and choosing whether to praise or denounce, shows me that if I need to go to someone to teach me how to improve my life, you're on the bottom of the list.

PS - Don't ever accuse me of participating in the Twitter crap that wrestling promotion like to take advantage of.
    And here we all are watching fake wrestling on a weekly basis rather than improving in some form or facet of life. I don't mind that you don't like the blog, but the last line was hillarious

Glad to have amused you by my "hallarious" commentary. While I am fully behind the picking apart of flaws in effort to open the forum for discussion on the topic, the non-sensible diatribes and ramblings in your blog where quite anti-climactic for the amount of effort spent typing up said ramblings. I'd figure a scripted show centered on false fighting to have moments that aren't so much logical in thought, but I guess I expect more out of people in life who aren’t participating in said “scripted show” but rather are sadly expressing such anti-logical thoughts as being true thoughts. Like I said, your cheap shot humor seems something more suited towards a younger crowd who is more into the adolescent humor you present. But don't be offended by this; I'm not a fan of Regular Show or Adventure Time either.

It's just part of growing older I suppose; I'd prefer to read something that sparks interest and discussion as opposed to ones failed attempt to humorously point out all the things they don't like in order to get a rise out of those who are fans of a product, or a following out of those who dislike a product. Reading what you have posted leads me to believe you would have (or could have been) one of the people who participated in the #AskDixie debacle, which only furthered to confirm the stereotype that those inside the wrestling industry has about people like us; the members of the IWC are childish idiots. Just because we enjoy such a silly product doesn’t mean we should support this idea of being brain dead dumb in real life.
    Personally, I'd rather get the time back used to read this mediocre attempt at humorous troll comments you might think to be “jokes” on the evaluation of a show before I asked back for the time spent watching the Angle/Bully/Ortiz segment. Sorry man, but you flavor of obviously negative humor is just not my thing. Don't worry about the need of FRC garments from this as I am not going to pick on you for your choice towards a cheap attempt to garner a reaction from both anti and pro TNA wrestling fans. I just find it sad that this is what some think to be a good usage of their time rather than actually improving in some form or facet of life.
    And here we all are watching fake wrestling on a weekly basis rather than improving in some form or facet of life. I don't mind that you don't like the blog, but the last line was hillarious
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.