Blog Comments

DDP and Savage was a good one. So was Sting and Hollywood.

Kauffman and Lawler deserved a nudge IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by weems
    Great Blog. How they don't have Sting vs NWO or WCW v NWO on the list is beyond a mystery. Also, I am not sure how Tazz v Sabu made the list. Raven v Dreamer was by far the best rivalry in ECW but oh well.
    Any chance you can write your next blog and do a "Worst 25 Rivalries of all time." Here are a few that come to mind: New Bloods vs. WCW/Old Boys Club, Kidman v Hogan, AJ Styles v Claire Lynch.
    I don't understand how Taz/Sabu is on this list either, it was a pretty crappy feud, and the fact they had to hold off so long due to ECW having issues with getting on PPV didn't help. That angle went on for THREE YEARS, and while I remember how it started (Sabu blowing off Taz to work in Japan) and how it ended (a shitty match at Barely Legal), I can't remember ANYTHING that happened in between. That right there tells you it was a shit feud. Awesome/Tanaka would have been a far better choice if they had an ECW quota to fill.
    Where is:

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat? - great feud culminating in the greatest match ever.

Bruno Sammartino vs. Larry Zybyszko? - you can have Verne Gagne vs. Nick Bockwinkel, a feud that took place in the WWF's competitor at the time, but not have Bruno vs. Larry - a feud that actually took place in the WWF?

Bruno Sammartino vs. Stan Hansen - another great, brutal, bloody battle that actually took place in the WWWF.

Bret Hart vs Stone Cold?

Shawn Michaels vs HHH? - You have Tazz vs Sabu, but not Shawn vs HHH??

Randy Savage vs. Honky Tonk Man

Hulk Hogan vs Rowdy Roddy Piper??

Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana

Greg Valentine vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper

Ric Flair vs Randy Savage

I understand there's only 25 spots in a top 25 list - but every one I've listed is far more worthy than a number of those listed by the WWE.
    Yeah, Bret vs. Owen or Bret vs. Austin for sure. Austin vs. McMahon would have never happened if not for Austin vs. Bret. Its not that I have issue with them listing Austin vs. McMahon as #1, its just never a surprise anymore and ive seen every scrap of footage and heard everyones opinion on it that does these dvds that its just pointless to put in anymore.
    Great blog! One feud that I would like to have seen on the list is DX v The Nation of Domination.
    As much as WWE disowns him:
    Benoit vs Angle was classic
    What about Bret vs. Austin? or Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart? They actually had a dvd set with the greatest rivalries with Bret and Shawn!!!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.