Blog Comments

I wonder if Japanese wrestling gets scrutinized by its fans the way American wrestling does...

im not saying your wrong, it's just the negativity towards summerslam is alarming
    Half the card will be rematched within a month. The only match that isn't super predictable is Punk-Brock. I just want Brock to win. I expect punk to kick him in the thigh for 20 mins then get F-5'ed to hell.
    I think it's truly hard to gauge on the drawing power of Punk and Bryan. Sure, the crowd goes nuts for the "Yes" chants....for now. How long before that novelty ends? And Punk, well, he had his major run. I'm not sure he'll be repeating that. He's actually better served in storylines like what he's in with Brock and Heyman and all. To truly gauge their drawing power, Cena needs to go away. Not be released, obviously, but be gone for an extended period of time. Then, we'll truly see what kind of drawing power this new blood has. My guess would be, ratings would be at their worst and buy rates would falter pretty bad. Of course, that's just my guess. What do I know?
    This feels as if they are making the same mistake again like they did with Del Rio cashing in. If they do, wow....that would be horrible.
    Yes they are. It's not even that their PPVs have been unsatisfying. The finishes have just been mind-numbingly frustratingly awful and just stupid. And every time I think there has to be a reason for it, it's just dropped and they move on to something else. So yes, SS is going to be no different. In fact, it's on the same night as SSN 5, ep 10 of Breaking Bad so I think I will just watch that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    The only terrible terrible option for WWE in the main event is if Cena wins and Orton chooses to not cash in (or cashes in and loses). As much as I want to see Daniel Bryan be WWE champion and have a lengthy run, I can see the value in having him immediately lose to Orton. It would be almost like repeating the feeling after his 18 second WHC loss at Wrestlemania. It's like he was just on that threshold of greatness and finally ushering in the Daniel Bryan era and then...poof.

Of course, that is only a cool storyline if you have this be the second low point of his build to next year's Wrestlemania where he wins the Royal Rumble and wins the title from either Punk, Cena, or Orton at Wrestlemania 30. That might be too far away though for the story to work, but I could see WWE trying it.
    For what its worth I can see punk winning the rumble and facing bryan at mania for the wwe title
    The only terrible terrible option for WWE in the main event is if Cena wins and Orton chooses to not cash in (or cashes in and loses). As much as I want to see Daniel Bryan be WWE champion and have a lengthy run, I can see the value in having him immediately lose to Orton. It would be almost like repeating the feeling after his 18 second WHC loss at Wrestlemania. It's like he was just on that threshold of greatness and finally ushering in the Daniel Bryan era and then...poof.

Of course, that is only a cool storyline if you have this be the second low point of his build to next year's Wrestlemania where he wins the Royal Rumble and wins the title from either Punk, Cena, or Orton at Wrestlemania 30. That might be too far away though for the story to work, but I could see WWE trying it.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.