Blog Comments

I thought Cena was still the biggest merchandise draw?

You'r clearly looking through tainted goggles. This is your own personal feelings but doesn't make it the same as everyone elses. Are you going to retract all this if Daniel Bryan ends up winning a title at Mania? No you won't
    I'm not sure about this blog. I get that you're a Punk, Bryan, Sandow, and Ziggler fan just like the rest of the internet world. I'm sure you became that all on your own too and didn't follow the internet cult fans.

Bryan is okay. That's pretty much it. Okay. I used to like Bryan a lot. But my realization that he's not, nor ever will be, THE top guy was with Cena's Breast Cancer promo. Cena is a man who is truly the leader of that company. He's the main man. The main attraction. I couldn't possibly even begin to envision Bryan giving that promo or acting in anyway like a spokesperson for a huge company like that. You say he's not the WWE prototypical, and that's because he's not someone who can represent the company on a Global Level. He's just not.

Finally, Bryan did not get over by himself. It was WWE who put him into every situation you see him in, which was also predetermined and Bryan knows it. Just like Bryan knows he's in a Wyatt Family feud w/ Punk right now. He's Main Evented three PPV's in a row and the results were lackluster at best. And you can't say it was creative's fault or he wasn't built properly because he was. He's been in the spotlight for quite some time now with the main angle in WWE. The reason he's not in the main title feud now, is because the storyline has moved on.

As for his size, well, all I can say is, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk. Three guys who are, as you say, not the size that WWE "endorses" yet have gone on to have legendary careers...Punk still in progress...
    I get that Blogs can be rants but I think you are wrong on so many levels in my opinion. I'm actually a huge fan of Daniel Bryan but I'm going to let the story play out. Daniel Bryan was still closing the show this last week, he's still a main event level talent. The Rumble is like 2 months away, it's a real possibility that Bryan will win the rumble and go on to main event mania. In fact, he's the odds favorite to do that.

I also support Cena, it doesn't mean that I'm stupid. It means that I have a different opinion than you. Sure, I'm not his biggest fan, I'm not a member of the Cenation so to speak... But he puts on stellar matches against superstars all the time. He has the attitude that makes people want to cheer for him and that's exactly what I do. Does that make me stupid, or a simpleton? No, it means that I choose to vote for who I want to, even if other smarks don't like them.

In short, I think you should give WWE more of a chance than a rant about the things that have been going on in the past month. Booking typically has reasons and nothing you have said made me believe that WWE is doing wrong by anyone.

A bit of a tangent... If you believe that Cena has zero draw... I don't really even know what to say to that.
    I was with you until you resorted to insulting people who cheer for Cena. I personally am tired of the character, but those who still love him .. more power to them. I wouldn't call them simpletons. The are just fan.

I'm not a huge fan of Sandow, but it feels like a roller coaster with him as far as the WWE goes. He's pushed, he's held back .. pushed, held back. If anything, they should give him a chance as US title or IC title.

I do agree that giving Cena a title shot right out the gate was worthless and had zero draw. At least the Show vs Viper has a little history to it. But still, giving Show a title shot the second he gets rehired is kind of a kick in the nuts to D.bryan and to the fans who've wanted D.Bryan with the strap.

But .. I don't work for WWE so what do I know. heh
    So people that cheer and support cena are simpletons?
    Just hold on, they are building this into a monster run for DB. The shield will turn on HHH and side with DB down the road.
    I'm thinking that they pulled these quick title turnovers with Bryan to artificially inflate his title count. They now get to call him a 2 time WWE champ.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.