Blog Comments

The WHC meant as much as the WWE title does, when it was on Raw! Raw is the show that Uncle Vince cares about, thats why its live every week & Smackdown is taped on Tuesdays. When Triple H was WHC battleling Batista, Van Dam, Kane & Micheals the World title was the main belt. Once they moved it to Smackdown it became the IC belt & Cena became the face of the WWE & thats why we have what we have. Alot of the stuff Batista said about Cena was totally true. If the "Animal" hadn't been moved to Smackdown in '05 he'd have been the face of the WWE.
    While we're at it, we need to unify the US and Intercontinental championships. US title is where the European title was 10 years ago. No one cares. WWE needs three titles, World Championship, Intercontinental and Tag Team.
    I just hope he gets a decent push as long as he looks better than in TNA...the guy can put on incredible matches and I was a little disappointed that he didn't go further in WWE first go-round...he's a HOF and they need to use him...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    You are disrespecting RVD if you ask me. He was the most popular wrestler on WCW/ECW side. The only one getting cheers when he was not on WWF's side. It wasn't just Hardcore fans. He would get cheered better than WWF guys. They were considering having him win the WWF title from Steve Austin during that time. 02 again most popular guy on the Raw brand. Am I saying he will be remember on the same level as Rock or Austin? No, but the main reason for that is being held back during those time periods when he was hot. RVD sold plenty of merchandise and was over with the crowd.

I don't see much of an issue having him put in a MITB ladder match. Fans would go nuts if he is up there and they think he is going to win. If heel like Barrett or Ryback is going to win.....be a perfect way to start a feud with one of them going in to Summerslam. I don't believe a loss in MITB will hurt him. RVD is one of the best in the ring especially with a ladder involved. Philly fans will be po over him not competing.

However, if he isn't going to compete. What is he going to do? Come out and make a promo taking time from other matches? What would he say? Putting over Axel at Summerslam would be a cool deal as well. Paul introduces him in front of that crowd that begins to chant ECW. He doesn't join him which causes Axel feud to happen at Summerslam.

I doubt he is going to talk about going after a world or WWE title since Daniel Bryan and Dolph are chasing. Christian/Kane dynamic wouldn't work. Now the plan is to have Taker/Kane to face Shield at Summerslam. Don't know if it is 2 on 3 or just a tag match. However, RVD being placed against the Shield doesn't make sense for that reason. Ambrose has been the one mocking Taker as well. So it only makes sense for it to be a handicap match.
    ^^^^^This. I see no problem with RVD being in the MITB match. There can only be one winner, so inevitably there will be 7 losers. Losing the match can still get a guy over if he has a spectacular match or goes straight spot-monkey during the match. RVD, even with a MITB loss can be transitioned into several different feuds stemming from happenings in the match.
    Somehow I can't shake this feeling that RVD will end up feuding with Damien Sandow. I'd prefer he do something else but just can't shake the feeling
    You are disrespecting RVD if you ask me. He was the most popular wrestler on WCW/ECW side. The only one getting cheers when he was not on WWF's side. It wasn't just Hardcore fans. He would get cheered better than WWF guys. They were considering having him win the WWF title from Steve Austin during that time. 02 again most popular guy on the Raw brand. Am I saying he will be remember on the same level as Rock or Austin? No, but the main reason for that is being held back during those time periods when he was hot. RVD sold plenty of merchandise and was over with the crowd.

I don't see much of an issue having him put in a MITB ladder match. Fans would go nuts if he is up there and they think he is going to win. If heel like Barrett or Ryback is going to win.....be a perfect way to start a feud with one of them going in to Summerslam. I don't believe a loss in MITB will hurt him. RVD is one of the best in the ring especially with a ladder involved. Philly fans will be po over him not competing.

However, if he isn't going to compete. What is he going to do? Come out and make a promo taking time from other matches? What would he say? Putting over Axel at Summerslam would be a cool deal as well. Paul introduces him in front of that crowd that begins to chant ECW. He doesn't join him which causes Axel feud to happen at Summerslam.

I doubt he is going to talk about going after a world or WWE title since Daniel Bryan and Dolph are chasing. Christian/Kane dynamic wouldn't work. Now the plan is to have Taker/Kane to face Shield at Summerslam. Don't know if it is 2 on 3 or just a tag match. However, RVD being placed against the Shield doesn't make sense for that reason. Ambrose has been the one mocking Taker as well. So it only makes sense for it to be a handicap match.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWyatt
    They are the best in the business atm because WWE want them to have an undefeated streak. Case closed.

And I'm not dissing. I like The Shield, but not collectively. Probably from seeing them grow from FCW/NXT. They all have mighty characters and most definitely have huge potential (Seth Rollins/Dean Ambrose in particular). I do not know how Roman Reigns got away with 2 years of steroids though. He's practically doubled his muscle mass in 1 and a half years. I'm no expert but surely that's far fetched at best.

My predictions:
    Roman Reigns (future HHH)
    Dean Ambrose (he's unique, probably be the best heel in the business)
    Seth Rollins (future Michaels)
    And this is why they're not going to be shit. Because they're the next "...."

Matter of fact, as a collective (gimmick, run-in, etc.), they're already the next "...."
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.