Blog Comments

Interesting read, Soul. I agree with the missed opportunities but I am one of the ones who actually did not really like this year's wrestlemania. I got the same message on my xbox, all i had to do was click OK, and click on the Wrestlemania picture for it to load the stream, kinda weird but I didnt have a problem. I am upset that I paid 60 frackin dollars for that PPV that felt more like an old school Bi-Weekly In Your House that we used to pay between 9.99-14.99 for. SIXTY? But I digress, I think that WWE-PG COULD have been a good idea, if they didn't turn it G. Listen this is a program with mock violence, no offense, but if you let your kids watch that would you have a problem with an occasional shit or fuck? Think about this now, when you stub your toe, or get put in a painful situation I am sure you have at least let that slip out, but THAT IS OK, it really is I am not even being sarcastic, because it is a natural reaction to anger and pain. This is only my opinion and I would not presume to tell you how to raise your children, it is just an honest question? They did good to get rid of the Lesbian Action and the Raunchyness of the attitude era, but they have driven PG so into the ground they have SOLD OUT, not from the beginning, it just gt to that point with it. Pandering to the advertisers and sponsors, which is great business sense, but it leaves us wanting a little bit more. I think however that the lack of excitement for this years WM will lad to creative getting on the ball and bringing us some better programming. What do you think?

By the way thanks for the Blog Post Man, again, interesting read.

Follow Me @VegasModman
    I am a rare breed that likes the PG era, because it forces the wrestlers to use more than blood, boobs and foul mouths to entertain

Well put. I am right there with you. Plausible blog by the way. I wish I enjoyed WM29 as much as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Armour
    I agree. I don't think that would have been the 'one thing' to make it great, the problem being that the WHC was so flat, I figured it was kept that way for the big pop. Obviously Ziggy would never be able to upstage the big boys, but that doesn't mean it was the right decision to make. Politics will always outweigh fan opinion, but we can still hope for a breakthrough. That is what makes being a fan fun, always hoping for the big moment of our favourite wrestlers. I don't want to become so disillusioned with the behind-the-scenes stuff that I lose the anticipation of something memorable and exciting.
    Would there have been a big pop? Is Ziggler really over that much because from what I see, it's still, to this day, two years after hearing everyone saying he's the future and he's the man and all...CRICKETS! When he comes out.

I get that you're a fan, just like you get that I'm not a fan. My initial comment was more about EVERYONE's complaints about no cash-in. I predicted on my Coffee Talk blog that Ziggler would lose in the tag title match, and disappear for the night.
    to fully surprise eveyone.
    I know everyone is up Zigglers ass. I wold love see him wait the full yar
    I agree. I don't think that would have been the 'one thing' to make it great, the problem being that the WHC was so flat, I figured it was kept that way for the big pop. Obviously Ziggy would never be able to upstage the big boys, but that doesn't mean it was the right decision to make. Politics will always outweigh fan opinion, but we can still hope for a breakthrough. That is what makes being a fan fun, always hoping for the big moment of our favourite wrestlers. I don't want to become so disillusioned with the behind-the-scenes stuff that I lose the anticipation of something memorable and exciting.
    I just wonder how great this Wrestlemania would have been if Ziggler cashed in. Is that really the one thing that would have separated this WM from pretty good to totally awesome?

Every review I've read has been...WWE creative missed an opportunity with Dolph Ziggler. When it was clearly apparent that he wasn't stealing the show. You think Rock and Cena and HHH and Lesnar are going to get upstaged by Dolph Ziggler? Seriously? That is blind wishful thinking at its finest.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.