Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan235
    Excellent blog!
    Thank you so much for sorting things out.
    We have to accept the fact that in the WWE or Sports Entertainment in general the "Entertainment" outweighs the "Sports". Guys like Batista, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg and Ryback are neither good talkers nor good wrestlers. But they are or were main eventers because of their appearence. People love to see the superstars brawl but it is not authentic and believable if they have the physique of let's say Tyson Kidd. This is why Ryback and Sheamus get a huge push and good wrestlers like Kidd or Bryan are not main eventers.
    Are you serious? Do you really believe that Brock Lesnar can't wrestle? He's a two time NCAA Champion Wrestler! Batista and Goldberg both have a mma background, and Ryback is just on roids. Please think before you speak. It gets really annoying hearing people speak about some things that they know nothing about, as evidenced in their posts. Don't take it personal.
    Excellent blog!
    Thank you so much for sorting things out.
    We have to accept the fact that in the WWE or Sports Entertainment in general the "Entertainment" outweighs the "Sports". Guys like Batista, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg and Ryback are neither good talkers nor good wrestlers. But they are or were main eventers because of their appearence. People love to see the superstars brawl but it is not authentic and believable if they have the physique of let's say Tyson Kidd. This is why Ryback and Sheamus get a huge push and good wrestlers like Kidd or Bryan are not main eventers.
    Hogan, Cena, and Rock are also always "popped" for their actions. Rock's only talent is his mic work, Hogan may have been the "flavor of the 80's" but still can't wrestle or sell moves, Austin may have been tailored to the attitude era but will still be remembered as one of the best ever, Bret Hart was one of the best, and there is something about CM Punk that could potentially make him stand out above the rest. However nobody will ever top Ric Flair as far as promos and in ring work go so far to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinC00
    Just gonna have to disagree with this
    "and cena could do, austin was popped for his actions"

Cena isn't in the same category of Austin, Rock and Hogan. Austin's been gone for years but the people still do the "What" thing.
    I really think you should go watch an Austin promo and see how the crowd is.

Did you see Cena last night? You think Austin would have went out there and failed like that?
    People will continue to cheer "yes", and "no" years after Daniel Bryan is gone.

No doubt that cena isn't as talented, he is another man who gained his leverage through convenience (obviously a Brock alternative), but his ability to identify with a crowd is something that made the other 3 icons... He is the PG Hogan

But in regards to Austin, haha my friend I've done my fair share of viewing, Austin's character was perfectly suited for attitude era but more importantly he was always popped for his actions, his promos were secondary to this. He could cut a decent promo but were are you more to remember? His promo at ecw in 2005 or stunning McMahon? Alternatively Hogan rock and cena are fan suited chracters
    Just gonna have to disagree with this
    "and cena could do, austin was popped for his actions"

Cena isn't in the same category of Austin, Rock and Hogan. Austin's been gone for years but the people still do the "What" thing.
    I really think you should go watch an Austin promo and see how the crowd is.

Did you see Cena last night? You think Austin would have went out there and failed like that?
    Many of Punk's supporters were fans of his years before making it to WWE. They are people that a different style of wrestling, other than WWE, is appealing. Punk is (and has always been) a complete alternative to what we expect from mainstream wrestlers. Some people, myself included, prefer when people speak their mind instead of act out rediculous storylines.

That said, it is only natural for these long time supporters will continue supporting him. He remains different and stands out. The rock has his schtick, which is fine, but it is nothing new or groundbreaking.
    Unfortunately on this site and many others, wrestlers tend to come and go as flavor of the month. Punk just so happens to be this month.

Its nice to read stuff like this. You should really blog more.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.