Blog Comments

Personally WWE bringing these guys back I think might motivate these younger talents to step up. I mean in a sense the majority of talent are new guys. At least Sheamus, Swagger, DB, Punk, Ryback, Barrett, Ceasaro etc are new guys. They are all and have been champions. Yes u still have guys like Kane and Show and Henry Cena, who in a sense are the new locker room leaders( Since Taker and HHH work 1 to 2 times a year) who can still go and are needed. Now you have the Sheild and baby Rotunda and Fandango. These are newer guys coming and are making an impact, some more than others. This is a good thing. TNA are kinda doing it, but they are slightly behind in creating their own guys. Lets face it, TNA has its Knockouts and x division which consists of their own creations exempting RVD of course. They just need to be careful and not pull a WCW and leave their young talents in the wind while pushing guys like Sting and Mr Personality Jeff Hardy. I'm already seeing it with Roode and His tag team partner who by the way reminds me of a white Eddie Guerrero with his intensity. These two should be at the top. But we all know how it works when the Godfather of wrestling is involved( Hulkster) he just has to be center of everything story wise. Then again it's a lot easier for WWE with 6 hrs of TV time a week compared to 2hrs for TNA to have 3 to 4 major storylines going on monthly.
    Great blog! I definitely agree with TNA's home grown talent and the six-sided ring - two elements that gave them diversity. I think TNA had its chance to up their game and blew it. They chose the Hogan route... As for bringing in former WWE talent - that's just part of the business to attract more viewers. Has to be done.
    TNA's marketing is the real problem. Aside from their talented roster, the overall product isn't as good as it could/should be. I guess that's for a different blog though.

As for WWE, I don't agree that they are shifting to a new era. WWE has no real competition at the moment, hence the lack of creativity in their product. Nothing is forcing the change other than the aging Cena fans (eventually, they'll be too old to tolerate PG).
    Quote Originally Posted by blink
    This was s very well thought out and articulated blog. Especially for a ten year old! Lol idk if youre really 10 or i misread it but that point is moot. First off idk about a new wwe era but a shift is definetly happening. Almost to a new physical and aggressive side. And as for tna 3 years ago i wouldve agreed 100%
    Lmfao your way off. I've been watching wwe for ten years. I'm 21
    This was s very well thought out and articulated blog. Especially for a ten year old! Lol idk if youre really 10 or i misread it but that point is moot. First off idk about a new wwe era but a shift is definetly happening. Almost to a new physical and aggressive side. And as for tna 3 years ago i wouldve agreed 100%
    I think a lot of people back up their dislike for WWE with good points. There's only so many times you can say it though until it becomes "WWE sucks". I agree with AlexWorldOrder that this new era crap keeps getting thrown around and then never happens.

As far as TNA goes it sounds like you are mostly talking about the past. It seems like TNA was drawing former WWE guys like RVD, Mr Kennedy, Mick Foley by saying hey come here we'll give you a world title! It's been better nowdays. Jeff Hardy has completely earned his spot and guys like RVD and Anderson are completely out of the title picture.

Part of Aces and Eights I think is to do with being former WWE guys. Maybe?
    People continue to think WWE is shifting into a new era.. CM Punk's promo "NEW ERA!" Lesnar returns "NEW ERA!" Rock returns "NEW ERA!". There's no new era, people; get used to it. It'a also mania season and Vince loves to make you believe that something big is coming.. Two weeks after mania, you'll start hearing about some guys you like possibly being released, and the show is suddenly not as exciting as you thought a month prior. Then it repeats.
    Quote Originally Posted by alcrissam
    Here's the thing about wwe guys in tna. If wwe wont give them a job, they are going to look for the second highest payer right ? And if tna sees guys that wwe fans will recognize and say "hey Jeff hardy is on tna, lets check it out", then they are going to sign that person so that they can get more fans. Plus for some of them, it's either take tna pay or go work 20$ a match in the indies(not sure if that's accurate, I was making a joke...)

anyways, good blog, I like the points you said about tna and their home grown talent
    I get what you're saying, but it's when that talent is pushed highly and a younger more deserving wrestler doesn't it what's the problem
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.