Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dime Store Saint
    It's funny how a year ago everyone was excited to have The Rock back and now most people are pissed that he won the title.

however, the PPV was below expectation. Everything you've said I have to agree with. It was also way to predictable. With the exception of Y2J, and the surmise entrants, it was all pretty standard and lacked excitement.
    I was never a fan of The Rock coming back. I was never really a fan of the Rock. Whether he was a face or heel his character has always been the same, and the only time he's had any decent promos is when he's had a good writer behind him. He can't think for himself he just reads other peoples lines well, which essentially is why he became an actor.
    It's funny how a year ago everyone was excited to have The Rock back and now most people are pissed that he won the title.

however, the PPV was below expectation. Everything you've said I have to agree with. It was also way to predictable. With the exception of Y2J, and the surmise entrants, it was all pretty standard and lacked excitement.
    I don't get it. Why does everything take this so seriously? I enjoy the WWE for its entertainment value, also the wrestling is good. Overall, the entire reason that we (at least I) watch the WWE is to be entertained. Why get bent out of shape because Punk's 'reign' came to an end against arguably the greatest entertainer in the history of the WWE. Punk is nice on the mic and in the ring, but is really a buzz kill after more than a year of complaining and whining about lack of respect, voice of the voiceless, yada yada yada. I bought the Royal Rumble for one reason and one reason only...to be entertained...and I was, thoroughly. Yes, I wanted The Rock to win, but when Punk pinned him (even with help from the Shield) I wasn't upset because I got my money's worth regardless of the outcome.
    How about next time you actually review the matches instead of just the outcomes. If you actually thought Rock/Punk was a 1.5 star match, I don't know how you could call yourself a wrestling fan
    I concur, this is a waste of an excellent title run. The people's elbow is the lamest thing to end such a mircaluous reign. The WWE dropped the ball on this PPV and goes back to be predictable and redundant. Typical WWE booking. You're Welcome.
    I truly hope time will tell and something MORE will come out of this that no one expects but...sigh...it just smacks of desperation to increase ratings and make as much money as possible...yeah its a business ok i get that but what a PPV to take the air right out of you in a negative way...
    I agree man. The people's friggin elbow, wot a disgrace and shambolic planning by Vincent and co. like u said all that work punk has done putting prestige back into the belt and its gone with David rockette!!!! Lol
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.