Blog Comments

Maybe it's just me, but it seems people who hate WWE sure seem to always have an opinion about the company and still tune in every week to watch Raw and Smackdown. There is always TNA if your not happy with WWE. I get that people want to voice there opinions about WWE, but after awhile it's all the same with a different title. You had mentioned at the end of your blog how WWE does not care what the fans think. If that's the case then why waste time.
    Further highlighting what I said:

-- Jim Ross posted the following to Twitter: I have plenty of time 4 anyNXT talent who wants to be great. To be physical & smart. To work diligently to improve. To the others, nothing.
    Vince has always stated that Tag Teams don't sell merchandise or draw ratings (with the exception of The Hardy Boyz & LOD). They also cost more when you are traveling and have to essentially pay 2 guys for 1 job. I understand the thought process behind why tag teams have virtually sucked since the late 80s. Yes, I love tag teams, especially those that are very fluid like the Quebecers or Edge & Christian. I'm also a big fan of the Prime Time Players... But from a business standpoint, hard to argue with Bischoff in the 90s and Vince today.

I think you really have to look at it from a business standpoint more than personal feelings. TNA tried to build their product around the X Division, but that didn't sell so they went with bigger guys, bigger names, etc. That translated to a Spike TV deal. If the cruiser weights actually sold merchandise outside of Mysterio, I'm sure there would be a cruiser weight division. But who ever wanted to purchased Dean Malenko shirt? Who wanted a Juvy, Psychosis, Ultimo Dragon, etc shirt?

And sorry, Divas / Knockouts don't translate to shit. They don't draw ratings. People don't buy their merchandise. They don't fill arenas. Females outside of Vickie are easily interchangeable.

I have always been critical of guys like Cena, Rock, Orton, RVD and in the past, HHH. I hate the predictable / limited move sets. I love guys like Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Bret, HBK, etc because they use a full slate of moves and their matches are or were never stale.

Smart fans understand the business aspect. The companies give guys a forum to make themselves stars or mega stars. They don't push guys who are lazy behind the scenes and expect everything to be handed to them (see Benjamin, Carlito, etc). Wrestlers who are gifted but clueless on how to get over on their own accord tend to flame out. Every mega star this business has ever seen has come up with their own ideas about their character... Stone Cold, Hogan, Rock, Edge, Cena, RVD, Kane, Sandow, Ryback, Punk, Bryan, etc.
    Well said. Thing have changed so much. And for the worst.
    If it makes you feel better a lot of people share the same thoughts you do.

I've explained this before but you can't compare wrestlers from different eras for their wrestling ability. Back in the day WWE would see a big guy working as a bouncer on the street and be like hey, wanna be a wrestler? There wasn't in depth training or anything and it shows in the matches they put on. Hogan, Flair, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, etc Evidence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JfQ7WZnO-0

Then there's sort of the next generation which includes Bret Hart, Booker T, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Page, Triple H, Big Show, The Rock, Steve Austin, etc who are better trained put on better faster paced matches with more MOVES rather than just punches and holds but not doing many innovative ones. (Notable exceptions of non heavyweights like Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho)

(Skipping the Christian, Edge, Hardys, Kurt Angle, etc years) Finally there's the modern group who were trained in the early 2000's and on usually going to the indy scene for a time before making it to the big leagues like WWE. These guys have been innovators creating new moves, employing strikes like kicks more. This group includes CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, etc

Of course, not every person from these mini eras fits where they are "supposed to" and that's where Cena comes in. He's much more of a mid 1990's type wrestler than his peers (I mean he was in wrestling school with Samoa Joe, Frankie Kazarian, and Christopher Daniels) and it really shows.
    Nice assesment

Fuck WWE
    funny how a company doesnt give a rats ass about wrestling anymore but they bought out all the competition.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.