Blog Comments

If WWE was smart, they would try and "ECW" TNA. Partner with them enough and borrow talent to showcase on TV, but really intend to siphon it away with the lure of the money and exposure they offer.
    What a joke of an entry. You're not really this stupid are you? What would WWE have to gain with a joke of a company to begin with?
    WWE and WCW Peacefully co-existed for years without a problem you say?
    Either read up on your history of the war between McMahon-Turner (i.e.: Black Saturday) or go back to your Indy Promotions...
    Pepsi and Coke should work together too. For that matter get Samsung, Apple and Microsoft all working together too. Also I would like to see a xPlaystation 4 One.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan
    Dude, what are you talking about? If you're 2 of the top companies in your industry then naturally, you're going to compete against each other. Both companies exist to make money and to draw as many fans as possible...they don't want the next guy to take what could potentially be theirs. No one grows that way.

As far as TNA and ECW wrestlers...again I ask, what in the blue blazer are you talking about? A few years ago TNA not only dedicated an entire pay-per-view to a great deal of the former ECW roster but had them around for awhile as a large stable within the company. Taz, Devon, Tommy Dreamer, Bully Ray, RVD, and Rhyno says hello btw.

With the naming conventions, that has nothing to do with WWE vs. TNA...that's a legal copyright issue. When WWE bought out ECW and WCW, they legally inheritted all the rights to the brand names registered to those companies. So its now their intellectual property. You can't just make money off of someone else's intellectual property...its a conflict of interest to say the least.

Also, I think WWE and TNA cooperated quite well with each other when it came to TNA allowing Ric Flair to enter into the WWE hall of fame and Christian Cage being allowed multiple appearances in TNA while both wrestlers were signed to the other company.
    You misunderstand what I mean about competition. There is a,difference between normal, respectful, tasteful, competition and pure spite and underhanded tactics.

You misunderstand what I said about ECW as well. In 2005 TNA refused to let their former ECW talent participate in the original one night stand (not to be confused with hardcore homecoming which was days earlier in the former ECW arena...TNA,talent was permitted to perform there). In term of EV2 several years later WWE were the ones being petty refusing to let ECW be ECW.

I also feel it would have meant a lot more if Christian could have actually shown his WWE intercontinental title seeing as he had it at the time. A match would have been cool too. Christian seemed to have a very bad attitude about even being there. WWE should have sent someone more valuable and professional.

WWE owns a lot of trademarks and copyrights and they can let whoever they want use them. I think it's a perfectly legal but bitter and petty move to make such a fuss about something as small as an in ring name.

WWE and WCW peacefully coexisted for years without a problem. Only in the 90s did things get really personal and negative.
    Dude, what are you talking about? If you're 2 of the top companies in your industry then naturally, you're going to compete against each other. Both companies exist to make money and to draw as many fans as possible...they don't want the next guy to take what could potentially be theirs. No one grows that way.

As far as TNA and ECW wrestlers...again I ask, what in the blue blazer are you talking about? A few years ago TNA not only dedicated an entire pay-per-view to a great deal of the former ECW roster but had them around for awhile as a large stable within the company. Taz, Devon, Tommy Dreamer, Bully Ray, RVD, and Rhyno says hello btw.

With the naming conventions, that has nothing to do with WWE vs. TNA...that's a legal copyright issue. When WWE bought out ECW and WCW, they legally inheritted all the rights to the brand names registered to those companies. So its now their intellectual property. You can't just make money off of someone else's intellectual property...its a conflict of interest to say the least.

Also, I think WWE and TNA cooperated quite well with each other when it came to TNA allowing Ric Flair to enter into the WWE hall of fame and Christian Cage being allowed multiple appearances in TNA while both wrestlers were signed to the other company.
    Updated 01-03-2014 at 03:23 PM by Xpacfan
    WWE doesn't want to work with anybody. Not TNA, ROH, or so on. Why should they want to help "competition"? Vince jr became in charge and went national which angered all the other promoters including his father. Sr wouldn't have sold the company to his son had he known what he would do with it. McMahon said it himself on his DVD. He cost everyone everything, stealing their stars, even stealing TV deals, that along with putting a ppv against NWAs biggest ppv of the year on the same day. Threatened companies that Mania and Survivor Series is a package. If you decide to show Starrcade instead you wouldn't be able to show Mania. The NWA titles were on TV because Cornette was running his own small promotion at that time that had those belts. Jim was working with the company obviously so.....McMahon JR didn't work with NWA/WCW/AWA/ect. The only reason he worked with ECW because he really had no choice in the early-mid 90s because attendance was down big time. WCW was picking up steam beating them in the ratings, starting WCW, stealing their stars, ect. TNA and WWE don't have a rivalry. Yea, they take shots back and forth mostly the TNA side. However, WWE doesn't want to work with anyone. TNA has expressed interest in interviews about possibly doing a TNA vs WWE show. Dixie said she would be open to doing it. WWE just don't acknowledge TNA and I believe WWE thinks it is below them to work together with TNA. Copyrights isn't just for TNA, it is for every promotion. Why don't you think former WWE stars don't call themselves what they are on TV. The only guys who are allowed are the ones who used the name before on the indy scene.
    Might be the most sensible blog ever. Great read.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.