Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I was watching that PPV with my girlfriend at the time, who had never watched wrestling before. She asked me if it was real, and at first, I didn't believe it. But suddenly, the realism set in. That was so heart wrenching.
    I know the feeling... Only I had a bunch of friends from school over to watch the PPV. About 20 of us watching and there were only 3 or 4 who were really clued in. When the other guys at the party noticed that we actually had an expression of shock and sadness on our faces, they then realized it's not a part of the show. It was a very strange scenario and my dad himself could not think of anything to compare it to in the world of entertainment, let alone in the wrestling industry. The whole time I remember talking to my friend Jackson and saying "that did not just happen for real, did it?" It's the equivalent of 9/11 in that you will never forget where you were when this event happened.
    I was watching that PPV with my girlfriend at the time, who had never watched wrestling before. She asked me if it was real, and at first, I didn't believe it. But suddenly, the realism set in. That was so heart wrenching.
    Its a great blog.....I liked it...I'll explain how I felt for those incidents..

1. RIP Owen, you are one of those initial wrestlers who inspired me to watch pro-wrestling

2. 9/11 attacks were pathetic and RIP to all the lost souls...I was preparing for my B-Day which is on 12th n busy in it n suddenly have seen the event on news and stopped all my plans...Also, I need to tell here that I lost my dearest friend in a bomb blast happened in a park in the city of Hyderabad..I know how much it pains to lose some one who is so close to u like this in a terror attack...

3. When Osama's death news arrived, I was in the house of my aforementioned friend's house..n I saw how his family got emotionally moved at his death..they were like finally some justice has reached..

4. I have grown up watching King at commentary box...I'm moved by reading this..have not seen it because it is not yet aired in India...I heard from a lot of you ppl about how maturedly Cole has handled it....I wish a speedy recovery for King...
    Title was originally 'Silly Brit: When Things Get Too Real'.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidCharlie
    Thanks Marx, I totally agree!

And 1 star from someone, ouch!
    Thats probably some troll or hater because you wrote this blog very well.
    Thanks Marx, I totally agree!

And 1 star from someone, ouch!
    Cool piece. Enjoyed reading it. I don't really care much for the numbers. I'm glad Rude made the list, which entry isn't important.

And I agree about Striker. They should take him of tv for a year or so, so the average viewer forgets all about him, then let him return as the play-by-play guy. Good clear voice, he knows what he's talking about, he grew up with wrestling and actually recognizes the moves. During NXT I heard him refer to a certain move as an adaption of a michinoku driver and I marked out. Wrestling is legacy, is standing on the shoulders of those before you, and Strikers knows about those things. Matthews doesn't, Cole is a puppet.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.