Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by zerosystem
    Two of those examples were mixed tag matches, so its not the same. Main eventing Smackdown is nice, but not as nice as doing the same on Raw.

The sad fact is that the WWE has torpedoed the women's division, either as a policy change or lack of ideas. The only way to fix it is to invest in bringing in talented wrestlers and giving them time to showcase their talents in the ring and on the mike. However, as long as they continue to hire models to wrestle in three minute matches with next to zero build up storyline-wise, the women's division will remain in the garbage heap its been in for the last couple years.
    No it's not. It will get fixed when the audiences invest in them.
    Kelly Kelly and LayCool main evented Smackdown in the WHC mixed tag.
    Bella Twins vs Natalya and Victoria was main event on Smackdown
    Eve and Daniel Bryan vs AJ and CM Punk was main event on RAW
    Two of those examples were mixed tag matches, so its not the same. Main eventing Smackdown is nice, but not as nice as doing the same on Raw.

The sad fact is that the WWE has torpedoed the women's division, either as a policy change or lack of ideas. The only way to fix it is to invest in bringing in talented wrestlers and giving them time to showcase their talents in the ring and on the mike. However, as long as they continue to hire models to wrestle in three minute matches with next to zero build up storyline-wise, the women's division will remain in the garbage heap its been in for the last couple years.
    Kaitlyn vs Tamina doesn't have the potential to be a main event match I believe. However something like AJ vs Kaitlyn or even Naomi vs Kaitlyn vs AJ could be a great main event, if WWE built it up properly, like give them a few mixed tag main events like they did with Trish, Lita and Stephanie during their respective feuds, and have Kaitlyn and AJ have catfights at ringside during Ziggler's matches. I bet even letting Big E. attack Kaitlyn could get her sympathy from the fans and would possibly get her over (it's happened before!!)

@ToiletBowl female wrestlers don't sell?? They did before, and they still can. Wendi Richter vs Fabulous Moolah got MTV it's highest ever rating up to that point. The feud between Torrie Wilson and Dawn Marie attracted larger numbers in their segments than other segments on Smackdown.
    Kharma's debut on RAW gained over 333,000 viewers. Trish Stratus' return gained 600,000 viewers and Kaitlyn vs Eve gained 580,000 viewers. Those are the only ones I know of but I can bet there are more!

oh, and just FYI (for the OP) hate to be a nerd, but:
    Kelly Kelly and LayCool main evented Smackdown in the WHC mixed tag.
    Bella Twins vs Natalya and Victoria was main event on Smackdown
    Eve and Daniel Bryan vs AJ and CM Punk was main event on RAW
    I agree with this, however, I can't see these two main eventing. Don't get me wrong, they would probably be sitting toeards the top of the card, but not the main event. I don't think the divas will ever be at that point unless they start doing some crazy shenanigans with ladders and weapons. In my opinion, the first diva that does that will be seriously over for a good long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    ToiletBowl look at TNA's ratings sometime. A lot of the time the women are the highest rated segment on the show. Most of that is to do with the fact they get a chance to work along with having better wrestlers. WWE does let them do a bit on backstage story and stuff but then they have them go out and work a 4 minute match (at least an upgrade from 2 minutes). I don't care if you're the best wrestler out there, no one is going to get over by consistently working non squash match 4 minute matches. There's no time for any psychology to take place.
    No it's not. It's because they have sluttier looking women that have far more appeal to wrestling fans. When Kharma won the title ratings for their segments dropped. It has nothing to do with how long they are out there, they'll always draw. And for the Divas it has nothing to do with how long they are out there either but they always tank ratings.
    Updated 02-20-2013 at 06:06 PM by Glue
    ToiletBowl look at TNA's ratings sometime. A lot of the time the women are the highest rated segment on the show. Most of that is to do with the fact they get a chance to work along with having better wrestlers. WWE does let them do a bit on backstage story and stuff but then they have them go out and work a 4 minute match (at least an upgrade from 2 minutes). I don't care if you're the best wrestler out there, no one is going to get over by consistently working non squash match 4 minute matches. There's no time for any psychology to take place.
    I'd love for the Divas to main event again but don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon. Also I think Kaitlyn vs Tamina doesn't have the potential to be a big Divas feud. Kaitlyn vs AJ does however!
    Oh and Kaitlyn vs Tamina at EC lasted 8 minutes including entrances, recap of their backstage brawl and ending. The actual match was only about 4 minutes I think.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.