Blog Comments

Excellent blog man! I couldn't agree with you more. The biggest problem in the WWE is everybody wants to be World Champion, and you can't do that with a partner tagging along. No pun intended. Also, I don't think Tag Partners split money, I'm pretty sure they got paid individually. -Rick Starr Facebook.com/hardcorewrestlingradio
    Perfect. The only thing you could add is most great tag teams had great managers to help with promos and to run interference during matches. I miss the days of great managers like Bobby Heenan, Jim Cornett, Jimmy Hart, and Paul Heyman.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    I really enjoyed this blog. The only thing I think I disagree with is the comparisons of Fandango to Goldust and Val Venus. Val Venus was a great gimmick, perfectly suited for the time. Goldust was a "let's see if it sticks" gimmick. The thing is, these gimmick were able to work 16 or 17 years ago. Gimmicks like that today don't because of the plain, and un-gimmicked style of what wrestling is.

I guess another thing I disagree with is Wade Barrett has the mic skills and look to be a main event talent. I just don't see it. Never really did. He has never really stood out.

I love this blog and this style...great content. Keep it up.
    Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps a better comparison to Fandango is Sandow. I say that because Sandow is so enjoyable to dislike that the fans (or at least me) catch themselves rooting for the guy even though he is a heel. Perhaps Sandow is not the best comparison either but you see where I am going with this. In regards to Barrett, I liked him a lot more when he was the Nexus leader.
    A very good, well thought out blog. And here are my thoughts/answers to your questions:
    1) I think the Shield is/will remain over with the crowd but will be together for another year. If you watch NXT, Big E can be very over. The question is which dirrection is WWE wanting to take him. Watch for him to turn on Zigs by Summerslam. I personally don't see anything in Maddox and don't expect him to stick around. As for Fandango, I like Johnny Curtibut we wil see how far he can take a silly gimmick.
    2) Unless they want to set a new record (which seems pointless) I see him dropping it soon. Possibly to a NXT start-up (Bo Dallas?).
    3) I don't see Jackson being back to any kind of relevance. Christian will still have a spot as he can slide in anywhere and is a great worker. Sin Cara will get one more big push to see if he can suceed. Watch for Evan to be put back into a tag team (I for one have a weird desire to see Shelley get signed and partnered with Bourne...).
    4) Watch for Paige to be brought up around Summerslam and inject much needed life into the division. Though she will not be able to save it on her own....
    5) I don't think Ryback is going heel. He's the best option (right now) to replace 'Super Cena'. Expect Orton to go heel and renew a rivalry with Cena. To a lesser extent, Tons of Funk will be heel by Summerslam....
    6) As sad as it is to say, the WHC has replaced the IC...
    7) Of mentioned, Bo Dallas will make a mid card impact. With any luck, McIntyre will get a chance to finally get his career back on track (I would like to see him turn on 3MB for weighing him down then go after HHH for 'holding him back'. Highly unlikely, but can dream...).
    8) I expect the Shield to win the belts in the next month or 2 and use 'Freebirds' rules. Hell No will break up shortly after. Tons of Funk will go heel. Scholars will split soon. If Ohno doesn't get over by himself we may get 'Kings of Wrestling' in WWE. I still say team McGillicutty and Debiase.
    9) I think Rey is nearly done. Other than that, until we get the big replacements, there is still a place for the rest.
    10) Big E will get sick of Zigs. If they split the Shield before end of year (and I hope they don't), expect Reigns to come out as the face.
    11) No big names, but possibly JTG, Jackson, guys of their level. Yoshi and others the like will be kept for foreign markets.
    12) I like Swagger, but I think he's at his crossroads.
    One of the best written blogs I have seen in ages. Good work.
    I really enjoyed this blog. The only thing I think I disagree with is the comparisons of Fandango to Goldust and Val Venus. Val Venus was a great gimmick, perfectly suited for the time. Goldust was a "let's see if it sticks" gimmick. The thing is, these gimmick were able to work 16 or 17 years ago. Gimmicks like that today don't because of the plain, and un-gimmicked style of what wrestling is.

I guess another thing I disagree with is Wade Barrett has the mic skills and look to be a main event talent. I just don't see it. Never really did. He has never really stood out.

I love this blog and this style...great content. Keep it up.
    1. The Shield will definately make it. As will Fandango. Big E Langston I'm not so sure of.
    2. Cesaro has held the US title too long. I expect him to drop it at Extreme Rules or Payback.
    3. Christian is the only injured guy I care about.
    4. Paige will keep it on life support for another year or so.
    5. Randy Orton definately. Kofi Kingston possibly. Both their runs are stale.
    6. Too critical. It was for the streak, and he'll win it back at Extreme Rules.
    7. Mixture of both.
    8. The second Hell No loses the titles and split up, the better for everyone else by default.
    9. I expect Mysterio, Christian, Henry, and Truth to all retire in the next year.
    10. Cody Rhodes will do it as soon as he gets out of Sandow's shadow.
    11. Many will be future endeavored, and it will happen all at once by years end, imo.
    12. Wade Barrett is the only one with a real chance this year.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.