Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by replacethebass
    Sorry but I have to disagree. While I do think he can go in the ring his persona is a bit....... zzzzz, sorry where was I? Bland is the word that springs to mind, bland enough that I don't think there are a lot of ADR haters out there, simply a lot of people who have absolutely no interest in anything he does or says. His ring announcer has more character and charisma than he does, hell even the cars he drives to the ring are more entertaining.
    All of this. 100%.

It's not that people are "hating" on Del Rio. They simply see him as a waste of space and air time. It's like, no matter how hard he tries, or how much WWE wants to push him in our face and make us care, we DON'T. And, a lot of that is due to his putrid promo skills. He's TERRIBLE on the mic. And when "talking fans into the arena" is your main objective, lacking mic skills is a HUGE problem.

Alberto's one of those guys that could benefit from having/leading a stable. Obviously he's not HHH or Ric Flair, but the idea of him being champion with two or three other guys always helping him win by cheating, is one I can see working. It might make the fans care a bit more, even if only due to his under-handed tactics. But Alberto by himself is bland and boring. I didn't miss him AT ALL during his injury, and wasn't excited to see him back. I actually preferred Dolph Ziggler taking his spot last month. Even as a heel, people like him. ADR, not so much. The guy has the charisma of a dead goat. WWE: Stop forcing him down our throats! Push someone else.
    Del Rio needs to be repackaged, but as a heel. Look at what happened to Sheamus when he turned face. He's funny as hell with his little stories he likes to tell, but he lost so much passion in the ring. He was a frickin' menace. Del Rio could be too. I personally love the idea the person has on this site about Ricardo being the Keyser Soze behind Del Rio. That could be a great way to put Del Rio over as a face if you wanted to.

The main thing Del Rio needs is a legit finisher. I HATE the arm bar and would love to see something that looks more devastating than a guy humping another man's arm.
    I like ADR but there's something that's clearly missing. A piece of the puzzle is missing. I remember when everyone was on his nuts when he came in... it's funny how things change huh?
    first off, if ADR "stole" JBLs gimmick, then JBL stole it from Ted Dibiase, who probs stole it from someone in the NWA before most of us were born. so its time to stop making that comment.

second, don caras (adr's old man) and his uncle mil mascaras are GODs in mexico, so of course the mexicano population would pop for ADR. mexicanos are also VERY smart wrestling fans and can respect him for the in ring work, while US fans cheer for someone as untalented in ring as Sheamus.

the money gimmick is always a heel, it makes no sense to turn him face...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishInvasion
    my favourite thing about Del Rio is his Ring announcer *speaks random spanish* GURAYGHYAGARROoaee Albertooooooooooo DEEEEEL RIIIIOOOOOOOOOO0
    Damas y caballeros isn't random spanish, it means ladies and gentleman. Sorry you don't understand spanish. I don't know if your racist or just ignorant
    I liked your blog. Don't agree with all of it but there is nothing wrong with that. ADR is excellent in the ring but his gimmick is a dud. Ted DiBiase Sr. did it better. ADR and the "Million Dollar Mexican" gimmick is just to meh.

The comments about a face ADR are interesting. If they could build towards that it could get interesting. If things stay status quo I don't think he will go anywhere.

Ricardo is total money though. His feud with Santino could be comedic gold.
    Great blog! I couldnt agree more. I love ADR's persona, entrance and in ring work. I think he's great. I think he should actually sit down and watch some of the ring psychology that Jake Roberts or Larry Zbyszko had. Even JBL to an extent. I'm thinking the backlash against him is similar to what I used to have against HBK in the mid-90s. Honestly, I thought he was annoying and got easy heel heat with his incredibly lame promos (at least up until his WM14 promos). But, after that match at WM14, I finally saw the light and became a huge fan of his. My guess is that there are sooo many people blinded by how good of a job Del Rio is actually doing. The guy is 10x more interesting / entertaining than Randy Orton and he's considered one of the top guys in the WWE.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.