Blog Comments

That was the reason why Attitude era was gr8..just imagine...the men involved in teh feud...Austin, McMahon, Rocky, HHH, Taker...all of them can cut gud to gr8 promos...n all of them can make things interesting for us...

I personally loved this angle..I always used to tune in only to see what The Rock will say and how Austin would verbally win the war...n this is the time..both The Rock n Austin have become cult even in a place where wrestling is not adored like INDIA...

Austin/Rock's era..which is called as Attitude Era...is the BEST era...

In the current roster..we have so much of variety n ppl who are equally talented..but creative is neither giving them gud stories nor they are allowing superstars to do something innovative by themselves..
    What you said, you just nailed it. I agree. Every week they went out and gave us a show. It was fantastic. The Beer Bath, The Bridge fight, The Bed Pan incident. Everything for 6 months with this storyline was great. I also agree with you on todays storylines. They just throw it together and the results are predictable. Before the match even starts or is booked.
    I remember returning to watching WWE after a long gap (almost 5-6 years) when this storyline was going on. I heard of Stone cold Steve Austin and this guy named Rocky Maivia. Somehow I always liked the name Rocky and it was my nickname back when I was in school and everyone asked if it was coz of Maivia. I didn't even know this guy, except that I heard my friends talk about him now and then. These three guys (incl. McMahon) brought life into WWF when it was competing with WCW on a large scale. Austin vs McMahon is no doubt one of the best (if not the best ever) feuds in wrestling history, right there in top 5. And with The Rock in the mix due to his association with The Corporation, it was pure gold. Be it Austin giving a beer bath to Rock and McMahons in the ring or The Rock throwing Austin over the bridge along with the title belt, the moments that took place during this feud will be the most memorable one's in the history. Both the wrestlers brought the best in each other. As The Rock rightly said in his DVD regarding Austin, "you're only as good as your opponent", and they both turned not just good, but the best one's out there while feuding with each other. It was impossible to turn away from the TV when Austin was mocking Rock's nursery rhymes, or when Rock would guaran"damn"tee to whoop that bald roodypoo candyass. They went out there on weekly basis and gave us not just any memories, but memories worth calling "Legendary". And with the involvement of HHH and Taker later on, the storyline didn't end up a mess like it does these days when more people are thrown into a storyline, but it got even more entertaining.

Attitude Era is INDEED the best era of entertainment.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.