View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. The men who shouldn't have been Champion

Alternative Universe XIII The men who shouldn't have been Champion.

Back on AU XI I talked about people who were near to becoming World champions in the WWF/WWE but didn't for whatever reason.
    This time i'm going to take five individuals who shouldn't have been champion and why.

(Before I start, its nothing personal against these guys, who I'm sure are nice ...

Updated 07-13-2013 at 03:49 AM by Michael Burnside

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What if Sting joined the WWF/WWE

Alternative Universe XII

Hard to believe when you think about it. Sting, a big name in American wrestling but has NEVER stepped foot in a WWF ring. Even when the WWF acquired all of WCW assets in the takeover and the possibility was there, Sting never joined up. The reason he stated was that he had seen the way the WCW were treated during the ‘Invasion’ story (notably
  3. What if the Warrior and Bulldog didn’t leave the WWF in 1992?

Alternative Universe 9

Summerslam 1992, Wembly arena in London England. Macho Man Randy Savage lost (via countout) to the Ultimate Warrior in the WWF championship match. Later in the main event, the British Bulldog defeated Bret Hart for the Intercontential championship in front of a home crowd of 80, 000.

This probably would rank as one of the Bulldogs greatest wrestling ...
  4. What if WWF 1984 was booked 21st Century style?

Alternative Universe 6
    If you look back at the old WWF title histories you will see that the reigns from the 60s, 70s and early 80s are longer than the reigns of today. Bruno Sammartino first reign in the 60s was over 7 years and Bob Backlund’s first was from 78 to 83.
    It was a different time.They didn’t have monthly PPVs or a weekly TV shows were constant big storylines ...
  5. What if Marty Janetty wasn't a Janetty?

Sometimes somebody’s name can become a valid word. Charles Cunningham Boycott gave us the word ‘Boycott’ for example. And if you described somebody as a ‘Hitler’ you’ll all know what that person is like.
    In wrestling circles, poor Marty Jannetty’s name has come to mean quite a negative thing; The lesser member of the tag team. Or the member who ...

Updated 10-16-2012 at 07:47 AM by Michael Burnside

Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Alternative Universe 2 - SummerSlam 1987..?

Summerslam. Often see as the number 2 of the big 4 PPVs, just after Wrestlemania in importance. But it was actually Survivor Series that appeared in the WWF calendar first, way back in 1987. The first Summerslam appeared the following year in 1988, main evented by the tag match of the Mega Powers against the Mega Bucks.
    Even today with the arguably over satuation in the PPV market, Summerslam ...

Updated 07-03-2012 at 04:30 AM by Michael Burnside

Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Alternative Universe 1 - The non Hogan Wrestlemania IX ending

Hello folks, a quick introduction to my blog (which hopefully if goes well, will be the first of many...or drop of the face of the earth if not). This is an extended 'What If...?' blog were I take a moment or incident in WWF history and if things went slightly different, how would they possibly play out. It's a little bit of fantasy but I do try and keep realistic to what was going on at the time. ...

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.