Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dperk911
    What????? As soon as xpac arrived he became the cool guy.

Can we not say xpac was the fan fave? Trips was def the top heel. He garnered the most heat.

But sean waltman upon arrival was the new fan fave.

That counts as over to me.
    I see a difference in catching heat and being over. It seems as though you guys are using them synonomously.

I see heat as catered to only heels. Anyone can be put over. Trips def. had more heat. But there were times when xpac was more over? At one point the top storyline on wee was the kane/xpac/tori. Yal dont think lol there are more kid fans of wrestling then adults. More kids were xpac fans over trips fsns which means xpac=over big time as tweener/face trips=over big time as heel. Trips just had more title matches... Which makes u think he waa more over. But there was a point when xpac was more over

I dont see how im making myself look bad. All we are doing is stating opinions.

And the point still remains about how easy it is to predict the outcome if a stable storyline you proved my point again. The top stable guy vs the second over one? It always happen
    As soon as Triple H denounced HBK on the episode of Raw after Wrestlemania XIV, became the leader of the group, and brought in the New Age Outlaws and X-Pac, the whole GROUP became faces. Therefore, they were ALL fan favorites (otherwise known as babyfaces). Yes, X-Pac was a fan favorite, simply because he was playing the role of a face. But that doesn't mean he was THE fan favorite, or even the most over out of the whole group. If ANYONE came close to being over at Triple H's level, it was Road Dogg, not X-Pac. Yes he may have been over, but he was NEVER the most over.

You are making yourself look bad because you don't understand that OVER includes both face AND heel reactions. Heels get OVER by gaining heat from the crowds. Faces get OVER by gaining pops and sympathy/ support from the crowds. THEREFORE (if you are still following) OVER means the same thing, regardless of character alignment. If a heel is gaining more heat from the crowds than the amount of pops/support the faces are getting from the crowd, it stands to reason that the heel is more OVER than the face.

You can not say that X-Pac was at ANY time in his career getting more reaction of any type than HHH was. I'm sorry, you just can't do it, because if it were the case then X-Pac would've been way more successful than he was. I love the guy, but it's a fact of life that you need to understand.

I'll give you another little example. I am a MASSIVE HBK mark. I fully think that he is the Greatest Of All Time. Period. Backslash. Period. In-ring, he couldn't be touched. On the mic, I think he was up there with the all-time great mic workers. BUT I have to recognize that his 1996 WWF Championship run (after Wrestlemania 12) was a total bomb, that he didn't draw very much, and that he didn't carry the company the way a champion should. Regardless of my mark-ism for the guy, it just didn't happen at that point.

The same goes for X-Pac. I am a fan of the guy, but it still isn't a fact that he was more over than Trips ever. Sorry. But not really.

Giving opinions is all well and good. But spouting such "facts" as "stables sux cuz they gots too perdictble" and "xpac was fan fave mor than HhH no?" just need to be corrected.
    And most of the mispellings are typos ause my fingers are to big for this touch screen keyboard. And im at work so i cant proofread i have to type and send
    What????? As soon as xpac arrived he became the cool guy.

Can we not say xpac was the fan fave? Trips was def the top heel. He garnered the most heat.

But sean waltman upon arrival was the new fan fave.

That counts as over to me.
    I see a difference in catching heat and being over. It seems as though you guys are using them synonomously.

I see heat as catered to only heels. Anyone can be put over. Trips def. had more heat. But there were times when xpac was more over? At one point the top storyline on wee was the kane/xpac/tori. Yal dont think lol there are more kid fans of wrestling then adults. More kids were xpac fans over trips fsns which means xpac=over big time as tweener/face trips=over big time as heel. Trips just had more title matches... Which makes u think he waa more over. But there was a point when xpac was more over

I dont see how im making myself look bad. All we are doing is stating opinions.

And the point still remains about how easy it is to predict the outcome if a stable storyline you proved my point again. The top stable guy vs the second over one? It always happen

I have not been a member if this group for long. But i always come to this page daily as a non member. Just never commented. You guys complain about the e all the time. About how easy it is to predict what will happen. An this is an example about what u guys complain about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin
    I'm not dispting the way WWF creative changed his alignment from heel to face to tweener. But just because they turned him doesn't mean that he was ever more over than Trips. The fact that they chose him to try and replace HHH as the "leader" of DX (although I will argue that once HHH was gone, DX ceased to be a main event stable) is irrelevant to the fact that he has never really been THAT over. Like, bro, just give up. You are making yourself look bad.
    Oh yeah! I agree with you on that...he was definately over but never on the level Triple H was. X-pac was on a roll but turning him heel and putting him back with DX as HHH flunky once again, slowed down his momentum. I think the whole storyline with Kane and them being a very successful odd couple did undeniably make him one of the top faces (if not superstars) of that time period, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan
    Dude, look at my avatar! This is when X-pac was over the most! After DX broke up the first time and he aligned himself with Kane. He was getting WWE title shots back then. I blame WWE creative for the "X-pac heat"...its like they didn't know what to do with him after the Helmsley/McMahon regime angle. Plus, the Kane/X-pac storyline was so deep and compeling, that I don't think many of the fans ever forgave him after his heel turn. I mean it was the beginning of Kane's metamophisis from a out of control monster to a human being letting go of a ton of emotional scars.
    Dude, I'm a Sean Waltman fan as well. Many many many wrestlers have stated that he is one of the few guys in the business that it is nearly impossible to have a bad match with. Trust me.

But the fact still remains that he was never as over as HHH. No matter whose fault it was, it just never happened. I'm not saying he hasn't been slightly over from time to time, but saying he was more over than HHH is just incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dperk911
    Xpac did not become a tweener? Xpac didnt become a fan fave? When trips left dx who creative put as a leader? Not billy gun or roaddogg
    I'm not dispting the way WWF creative changed his alignment from heel to face to tweener. But just because they turned him doesn't mean that he was ever more over than Trips. The fact that they chose him to try and replace HHH as the "leader" of DX (although I will argue that once HHH was gone, DX ceased to be a main event stable) is irrelevant to the fact that he has never really been THAT over. Like, bro, just give up. You are making yourself look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin
    You saying X-Pac was ever more over than Trips is laughably moronic. That's a clown statement, bro. I'm not even a Trips mark, but X-Pac has never been very over at all. Ever heard of "X-Pac heat"? The defense rests on that point.
    Dude, look at my avatar! This is when X-pac was over the most! After DX broke up the first time and he aligned himself with Kane. He was getting WWE title shots back then. I blame WWE creative for the "X-pac heat"...its like they didn't know what to do with him after the Helmsley/McMahon regime angle. Plus, the Kane/X-pac storyline was so deep and compeling, that I don't think many of the fans ever forgave him after his heel turn. I mean it was the beginning of Kane's metamophisis from a out of control monster to a human being letting go of a ton of emotional scars.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.