Blog Comments

As someone who recently stopped watching WWE and has become a full fledged TNA watcher, I have to say you nailed it right on the head with this one. I love Impact Wrestling. It has been giving us great quality matches. In my last Sudden Impact blog, I mentioned they need a few more feuds, and some more story building. They can do great things, if they have the courage to take some risks and really do some ballsy things.
    Great read! I think you are correct about most things. I think I read something about the claire lynch story is ending faster than they planed. For two reasons negative fan feed back and issues with the actress herself ( do tha right thing claire end this)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    I think CM punk qualified during the SES storyline and for a while after his big promo.

I've always been one to prefer the more realistic gimmicks but I think we're missing a character with that supernatural/out-there tinge (undertaker, early kane, boogeyman, arguably the brood)
    Can't wait till ascension makes their debut on Raw or Smackdown
    I think CM punk qualified during the SES storyline and for a while after his big promo.

I've always been one to prefer the more realistic gimmicks but I think we're missing a character with that supernatural/out-there tinge (undertaker, early kane, boogeyman, arguably the brood)
    Allow me to beg your indulgence for just one second. His name is Damien Sandow and his duty is to usher in the new era of enlightenment, that you the ignorant masses so clamor for.

You're welcome.
    ^^^ Funny. I was going to do something similiar with Dean Ambrose, but this was just perfect
    Allow me to beg your indulgence for just one second. His name is Damien Sandow and his duty is to usher in the new era of enlightenment, that you the ignorant masses so clamor for.

You're welcome.
    Firstly the title of your blog is wrong. Should be "you're".

With regards to Linda's political campaign the real ignorance is blaming all the perceived problems on it. I mean seriously blaming Linda's campaign is rather short-sighted, and a tad ignorant of the business world.

Firstly saying that people not getting fired is bad is a bit ridiculous. If Linda's campaign has kept people in jobs, then brilliant. I hope it stays like that. Jobs are hard to come by, and any reason for these people not to loose their jobs is great.

The reason that their product is the way it is, is because of the fact that the WWE is a publicly traded company. They are liable to their shareholders. Something that TNA aren't.

What does this mean for WWE? Well for a start it means that they need to be making money. The wrestling industry is no where near as popular as it was a decade ago. This is mostly due to a surge in choice we have on our televisions.

How do the WWE make money for their shareholders? Well they do this through advertising. The most lucrative advertising is that which targets children. Therefore the WWE has to have a product that appeals to the advertisers that target children.

These are indisputable facts. The people that call for a return to blood etc. in a claim that it will revive the industry are being extremely naive. WWE had to change, and have been very successful in maintaining their carved market share.

People come on here and say things without any real thought. Such as I hope the whole McMahon family dies comment. Please have a little perspective, and think before you speak.
    Updated 06-28-2012 at 03:15 PM by Liston
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.