Blog Comments

One of my all time favourites. His stuff in th 1980's before he got ill was awesome too.
    Shame he never got a main event run. WWE really missed a trick with Blackman.
    To me, Blackman was king of WWE's Hardcore Division. But I would have preferred something else from him. I hate how you have to have good mike skills to main event. Steve Blackman would have been an awesome main eventer.
    PrimusSucks, but does everyone have to be a main eventer? What's wrong with having an excellent midcarder?

Steve Blackman was a wrestler I hated early on for in my opinion having a weak gimmick, weak mic skills, and nothing that really stood out about him character or appearance wise. Then it all changed when he entered the hardcore division and became the champ. The Lethal Weapon gimmick along with his trademark kendo stick were just perfect for the division and I was lucky enough to get to see him at a house show when he was the champ.

I honestly don't remember what happened to him after that but when he lost the title, to me he seemed to fade away completely. I just don't see why they didn't make him keep in that division because it was working very well for him.
    Some superstars are born to be midcarders, Blackman just wasn't someone you could put on a poster and say "this guy is the WWE". Talented wrestler, great character, excellent midcarder, but I can't look at him and think he is a great main eventer, no matter how talented he was or how much of a legit badass he was.
    Blackman was my favorite wrestler of all time. I really loved him in the Hardcore division and I loved his feud with Shamrock. I still re-watch his matches on youtube! I agree that WWE really messed that up as well as many other great superstars. I'd rather see some action such as what Blackman provided any day over the annoying ability to repeat the word "YES" a million times by Daniel Bryan. It seems like with every raw that it's just getting worse, tonight there was not even one solid match and it was very terrible. Something really needs to be done! Back to Blackman, I really miss the chemistry he brought to the ring and the no expression, no remorse attitude his character had! It was a shame to see him go!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.