Blog Comments

pg+hardcore could happen in my opinion, if you look back at alotta the wandering matches (crash hollys reign especially) we kinda goofy and comical without much mature violence
    PG + Hardcore = Not happening.

Shame, really. I do think we need to see the Hardcore title back. I would also like to see the Cruiser/lightweight and European titles back too.
    totally agree with that they lost his fame in the Hardcore Division to being a Tag partner with Sexay.

He got big pops, but so did almost everybody back then compared to today. Even The Oddities had almost the same crowd response as someone like Sheamus today, maybe even someone like Punk
    Blackman was such an under-rated wrestler. I agree that WWE Titles would have been a bit out of his reach, gut he certainly deserved a solid IC run at least, hardcore suited that character perfectly, but a badass unbeatable IC Champ could have put him on the road to main event status.

There has been plenty of poor mic work at main event level, Laurinitis, Del Rio, Scotty Steiner HAHA! Im guessing Blackman is still in good shape Get Him Back Vince!
    he was a badass if he would have been in a stable as the enforcer kind of role (but more like attacking people for their matches so the heels can get away with it) it would have been the perfect fit oh well alot of people lost aye could you do a forgotten stars about TEST?
    I didn't watch WWF at that moment (not available in my country + ISDN internet...), but I do remember Blackman from older stuff I watched since. I loved his gimmick: martial arts guy without the ridiculousness. He had a good physique too, and the simple black pants and trimmed beard made him menacing for some reason. Not special enough on the mic though, and that kills in the end.

I remember watching Steve Blackman vs Shane McMahon at Summerslam (2000?), it was awesome.

Oh, and I love the name: Blackman. It just works.
    His illness kept him from succeeding in the WWE. I believe he would vanish for months then he would appear for awhile then leave again over this illness. I guess the WWE got tired of dealing with that. He was an amazing guy wrestler though. He was literally the Chuck Norris of professional wrestling.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.