View RSS Feed

Thoughts and Opinions

Blog your thoughts and opinions here.

1. The Commandments of the WWE IWC

If you were to lurk on any of the dirt sheets, you would think the IWC is a bunch of hypocritical, indecisive lunatics who are just never happy. Which is not true at all, we are happy sometimes, it just lasts shorter than a New York minute.

The truth is though, there are some rules to make most (but never all) of the IWC happy. So instead of being all serious and boring, I'm going to ...
    Tags: iwc, raw, wwe
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  2. WWE: The Reality Era and how Attitude is crippling it

(This may be my most polarizing blog yet, but I'm sticking with it.)

The Attitude Era's faux revival is crippling the WWE's bottom line.

It was observed last year that CM Punk's Shoot marked the end of the PG-Era and the rise of the "Reality Era" as some dubbed it came with it. Since I was always a fan of the name, I'm going to continue to use that term until I'm ...

Updated 03-30-2012 at 08:01 PM by miraistreak

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  3. WWE: The Most Improved Stars of 2011

As usual I always like to take a different route with my blogs. Since everyone else is talking about Kane, John Cena, TLC, Top Heels and World Champs, I thought I would focus on a more 'traditional' topic:

As a disclaimer focus on the 'most improved' part, some great stars might be lower on this list or omitted because they we're already good to begin with and didn't improve much on ...
    Tags: 2011, wwe
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  4. WWE: John Cena, Heel? Not So Fast My Friend

Yes, I stole that line from Lee Corso.

There's been a lot of talk about Cena turning Heel ever since 'The Slap Heard Round the World' as a few people have called it. It's coming from the blogs, to the forum posts, to the countless opinion articles on some of the other 'dirt sheets', but is it coming?

Simple Answer – NO

Looking at the logical approach ...
    Tags: cena, heel
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  5. WWE: Smart Booking - Morrison over Ryder

Your first (non-colorfully worded) reaction might be "You are a moron, that was a stupid decision!"

Taking a step back and looking at the big picture, it may have been a genius move.

Disclosure: I probably repeated and contradicted myself, feel free to call me out on it, if I'm mistaken on my 'facts' anywhere, also feel free to correct me.

Reason ...
    Tags: ryder, wwe
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  6. WWE: Self Promotion

There have been countless blogs, forum posts, comment threads etc. etc. that go on about how the WWE is doing [Superstar X's push/lack there of, Zack Ryder, PPVs, PG, CM Punk, I want the Attitude Era 2.0, Tag Teams, Divas, etc. etc. etc.]. However, as always I like to point out something a little bit different that a lot of people seem to have glossed over.

In 2011, WWE is too self-promoting. ...
  7. WWE: Victory Conditions and Efforts

Since I mostly watch just WWE, I don't normally make criticisms or remarks about TNA or ROH, however I have seen enough matches in general to know this is a across the board thing, but I'll be using WWE examples.

Today I'm talking about victory conditions and efforts, or in lamins terms things like Clean finishes, Dusty Finishes, and Valiant Efforts. Does a "Clean Finish" ...
    Tags: finishes, wwe
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  8. Christian's Last Window

It doesn't take much, actually scratch that, any effort to find someone (or a large group) of people saying "Christian should be [WWE Branded] Champion!" in-fact it's almost become a bit of a running gag. However, I'm not here to argue whither or not he deserves to be a champion. What I'm here to argue is that window is about to shut... permanently.

To understand my reasoning, ...
    Tags: christian, wwe
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions
  9. Good Business

Vince said it best many times over the past few years. (paraphrased) "I'll do it if it's good business."

Everywhere you turn on EWN or other Wrestling Dirt Sheets you see "Bring back the PG-13 Era" or "TNA is better." or something of that sort. The reality is, while the WWE does indeed have issues, there are indeed reasons why there are certain things ...

Updated 09-24-2010 at 03:37 PM by miraistreak

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.