Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by DXCena#1fan
    Actually I'm 24, but I will be the first to admit I dont follow politics as much as I'd like. The point in my original comment was something like this. Say you went and saw Inception in theaters, and left there with ideas that the movies represented, that the director never intended for you to think of because they weren't the original thought for the movie. You are over reaching. You have a wild imagination if you think Cena's promo is a hidden message for the McMahon's politics. How about you stick to your conspiracy theories and Roswell, and leave wrestling to fans who don't over analyze it and look for hidden meaning below hidden meaning.
    Hidden messages are everywhere. The Beatles did it when Paul "died". Remember the Vickie Guerrero hidden message? Like I said. Theory. So I could be 100% right or 100% wrong.
    [QUOTE=alcrissam;bt66976]I will admit this blog isn't entirely about wrestling, but what I am getting out of your comment is this:
    politics are stupid,
    The presidential race is stupid,
    And the senate seat that Linda is fighting for is stupid.

Are you like five years old? because real life matters about real life stuff seems Uninteresting to you.[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm 24, but I will be the first to admit I dont follow politics as much as I'd like. The point in my original comment was something like this. Say you went and saw Inception in theaters, and left there with ideas that the movies represented, that the director never intended for you to think of because they weren't the original thought for the movie. You are over reaching. You have a wild imagination if you think Cena's promo is a hidden message for the McMahon's politics. How about you stick to your conspiracy theories and Roswell, and leave wrestling to fans who don't over analyze it and look for hidden meaning below hidden meaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin
    @alcrissam - The thing is that I don't see the tie in myself. Simply because he made a point to bring us back to the start of the program between Punk and Cena (remember, Punk was talking about "changing" the WWE and this was well after Obama's campaign that got him elected) in which Punk made his bold statements about Cena and how he'd be remembered by the fans as well as being the one to say what the fans were feeling. The content of his promo was geared completely towards bringing about the fans back to the rivalry that these two began with. How else would he have done this without bringing up the things that began their program? He had to use the words he used as a way to get the fact that for as much as his "pipebomb" was about the people, it truly was about Punk. This promo was gold in that his helped to give that push to Punk to bring him back to a complete heel when everyone wasn't buying it. The thing that is more interesting to me is that you hear the words that Cena says about how Punk is selfish and geared only towards self service, yet in your mind it ties into President Obama and how he's ran the country in his first term. Do you think this about Obama?

Like I said before, you can look into it however you would like and pull whatever meaning from the promo you want because your mind is predetermined on finding it, therefore whatever helps you thesis is what stands out the most. I am not calling you childish or silly because you gave us a great piece of literature to entertain. However, I just do not agree with you on your conclusion. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that either, it's just that we see two different things in this promo.

As pertaining to the AW situation, the answer is no; It had nothing to do with politics. The comment that he made was about a political campaign (in support for the Republican Party mind you) but the fact was that he had already been warned after the Kobe comment to be cautious of the words he chooses. The next thing he does is blatantly ignore management and do what he wanted to. What AW did to get fired has nothing to do with politics; what AW said involved politics. These are two different things.
    I have said before, you are most intelligent wrestling fan here. You prove it to me everytie you write a comment.

The AW thing I now get, and we can mod on from that.

Back to the cena promo. Look, this is just a theory. A look into the political side of things. While I could be right, I could be 100% wrong and everything could be coincidence. But, I noticed some things that I thought were evident to me, and I decided to formulate a theory about it. Who the fuck knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speezy88
    This was a very interesting read, and I appreciate the fact that you use context clues within Cena’s promo to make your points. I can definitely say you have a certain level of intellect that is somewhat lacking in the world.

With that being said, I must politely disagree with you about this being a politically-fueled promo because I believe it’s too soon and too close to the other political ties that WWE has invested let alone it would alienate a substantial amount of WWE fans.

Here’s my take: Ok so like stated before by some of the responses, AW got fired because he stated in social media that he supported Linda even though everyone was told not to say anything related to her campaign in social media. This was like what a month ago? Now, a month later they are going to allow the most identifiable man in WWE not just by the fans, but those who are not fans of WWE John Cena, to make a political diatribe cleverly disguised as a rant against his opponent at Night of Champions? That’s a little too soon don’t you think? Also if this is the case and enough intelligent people like you see this as a political promo, but they are not of the Republican elk (aka Democrats), you would have to assume that they would take offense to it and spread the word that “WWE is making political jabs at Democrats”. This in-turn would create negative press for the WWE and then people would have opinions along the lines of, “Man WWE got politics involved in their stuff. I don’t know if I still want to watch it.”/”Man they don’t like Obama; I’m not watching them no more or supporting them”. Of course they would be people that would say “Yeah WWE and Yeah Republicans”, but the thing is the previous two opinions I described of people on the fence or those who no longer want to support the product equals loss of money for the WWE. This is not what Vinnie Mac wants.

I just think there would be too much to lose if this really was a political promo as you put it, but it is a very interesting theory, and like I stated earlier, I can appreciate your intelligence to draw the parallels; this was tactfully done. Great Job.
    ^for anyone who disagrees with my views, please refer to this comment to create a response instead of blasting my blog. Thank you.

And yes, finally someone says the t word... THEORY.
    I'm shocked at those of you who DIDN'T see the obvious political overtones of John Cena's little rant. Coincidence that Linda McMahon runs as a Republican candidate and the WWE's "superstars" often appear on Fox News aka the Right Wing News Network. Nothing to "dig into" here. It was actually so blatant that I felt sick that scripted wrestling is taking a non-partisan political stance. #smh
    This was a very interesting read, and I appreciate the fact that you use context clues within Cena’s promo to make your points. I can definitely say you have a certain level of intellect that is somewhat lacking in the world.

With that being said, I must politely disagree with you about this being a politically-fueled promo because I believe it’s too soon and too close to the other political ties that WWE has invested let alone it would alienate a substantial amount of WWE fans.

Here’s my take: Ok so like stated before by some of the responses, AW got fired because he stated in social media that he supported Linda even though everyone was told not to say anything related to her campaign in social media. This was like what a month ago? Now, a month later they are going to allow the most identifiable man in WWE not just by the fans, but those who are not fans of WWE John Cena, to make a political diatribe cleverly disguised as a rant against his opponent at Night of Champions? That’s a little too soon don’t you think? Also if this is the case and enough intelligent people like you see this as a political promo, but they are not of the Republican elk (aka Democrats), you would have to assume that they would take offense to it and spread the word that “WWE is making political jabs at Democrats”. This in-turn would create negative press for the WWE and then people would have opinions along the lines of, “Man WWE got politics involved in their stuff. I don’t know if I still want to watch it.”/”Man they don’t like Obama; I’m not watching them no more or supporting them”. Of course they would be people that would say “Yeah WWE and Yeah Republicans”, but the thing is the previous two opinions I described of people on the fence or those who no longer want to support the product equals loss of money for the WWE. This is not what Vinnie Mac wants.

I just think there would be too much to lose if this really was a political promo as you put it, but it is a very interesting theory, and like I stated earlier, I can appreciate your intelligence to draw the parallels; this was tactfully done. Great Job.
    @alcrissam - The thing is that I don't see the tie in myself. Simply because he made a point to bring us back to the start of the program between Punk and Cena (remember, Punk was talking about "changing" the WWE and this was well after Obama's campaign that got him elected) in which Punk made his bold statements about Cena and how he'd be remembered by the fans as well as being the one to say what the fans were feeling. The content of his promo was geared completely towards bringing about the fans back to the rivalry that these two began with. How else would he have done this without bringing up the things that began their program? He had to use the words he used as a way to get the fact that for as much as his "pipebomb" was about the people, it truly was about Punk. This promo was gold in that his helped to give that push to Punk to bring him back to a complete heel when everyone wasn't buying it. The thing that is more interesting to me is that you hear the words that Cena says about how Punk is selfish and geared only towards self service, yet in your mind it ties into President Obama and how he's ran the country in his first term. Do you think this about Obama?

Like I said before, you can look into it however you would like and pull whatever meaning from the promo you want because your mind is predetermined on finding it, therefore whatever helps you thesis is what stands out the most. I am not calling you childish or silly because you gave us a great piece of literature to entertain. However, I just do not agree with you on your conclusion. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that either, it's just that we see two different things in this promo.

As pertaining to the AW situation, the answer is no; It had nothing to do with politics. The comment that he made was about a political campaign (in support for the Republican Party mind you) but the fact was that he had already been warned after the Kobe comment to be cautious of the words he chooses. The next thing he does is blatantly ignore management and do what he wanted to. What AW did to get fired has nothing to do with politics; what AW said involved politics. These are two different things.
Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.