Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by bartish2
    1 little incident and everyones saying hes heel hilarious and just after they bitched about him for a year. cue the bandwagonriders.
    Cue the bitches.
    1 little incident and everyones saying hes heel hilarious and just after they bitched about him for a year. cue the bandwagonriders.
    1. Big Show knocks out Cena, Punk chooses to try and steal the win.

2. Punk stands there watching as Big Show beats up Cena after the match.

3. Punk attacks and lays out The Rock with a GTS when Rock was trying to help Cena.

It is a heel turn if I ever saw one.
    I really hope it's not a heel turn to be honest. I like punk as a face. He should come out on monday and talk about how a year ago he was frustrated about how cena and rock were main eventing everything and even though he is champion, he has to sit second fiddle to them.
    Then last week, rock comes out and he gets a title shot, even though he hasn't been around since wrestlemania, hasn't had any matches or anything.
    He should talk about how the guys in the back that are here week in and week out are more deserving for a title shot then Dwayne.
    As for Cena, he should talk about how he's just upset that Cena has main evented every pay per view even though he isn't champion and it needs to change.
    If he did that, I think he would be a much better tweener then a straight up heel and would be awesome for his character.
    Your forgetting also the 1 important fact about the wwe fans, it's them who choose who they cheer or boo when attending wrestling events, raw/SD. No matter how much they want to push a character to being a heel, it may not work because heel or not fans will cheer for them cuz they like a certain wrestler.

A good example of this was eddie guerrero, after he put Tajrii thru the windscreen of his low rider, affectively turning him heel. Next week he came on SD to explain why he did what he did, YET the fans wouldn't have none of it, they still cheered for the man cuz they loved him.

It may or maynot take a lot for management to make sure punk looks, acts and is a heel but it'll take the reactgion from the fans to make it happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzaschofield
    I agree just because Punk attacked The Rock doesn't automatically make it a heel turn and could be explained as frustration....however to me what sold it as a heel turn was the commentators reaction to it.

Cole and Lawler both made comments on the fact that Punk left Cena to get pummelled by Big Show, they seemed disheartened with Punks actions and made a comment that Punk had turned his back on the WWE universe.

As the commentators are fed lines directly by some of the senior management ie vince/HHH it would seem to me they definatitly wanted to get across he was turning heel. If it was just frustration then the commentary team would have implied that.

However I've been wrong before so let's wait until Monday and see!
    This guy gets it. Great analysist.
    I agree just because Punk attacked The Rock doesn't automatically make it a heel turn and could be explained as frustration....however to me what sold it as a heel turn was the commentators reaction to it.

Cole and Lawler both made comments on the fact that Punk left Cena to get pummelled by Big Show, they seemed disheartened with Punks actions and made a comment that Punk had turned his back on the WWE universe.

As the commentators are fed lines directly by some of the senior management ie vince/HHH it would seem to me they definatitly wanted to get across he was turning heel. If it was just frustration then the commentary team would have implied that.

However I've been wrong before so let's wait until Monday and see!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.