Blog Comments

Why don't people want to see Sting/Taker? They think they are too old to carry one another through a good match. Rather it not happen since both are one could say over the hill. The age both are on, neither can really take the bumps or carry the match. Both need to be carried by younger men which is the case sometimes for older talent.

I agree with everything basically. I want to see Sting finally join WWE and battle at WM vs Taker. I don't expect both in their primes stealing the show. Face to face moment could be one of a Rock/Hogan from Mania 18. Not saying they are superstars of that magnitude, but it is a dream match fans of all ages have been craving for a long time. This isn't 97, Sting wants to compete at Mania before he is done. Who better than the Undertaker? That is one of his goals and I hope he achieves because lets be honest.....he is going in the WWE hall of fame at some point.
    I like the idea, but I'd rather not have Flair on TV anymore. I just do not find him entertaining at this point.
    I love the idea and scenario. I love that we agree a faction is needed to rid the evil Corporation. Your plan reminds me of an idea I had a few months back, hoping to battle and end the "reign" of the Shield. This plan had former members of the Nexus being dismantled one-on-one until they were united by CM Punk. Wade Barrett battled match after match for the US Title of Dean Ambrose, while the high flying South African (name escapes me) and Daniel Bryan battled for Tag Team gold...each time thwarted by the other members of the Shield. Ultimately...Barrett gets revenge against Ambrose, by winning a match with a distraction assist from Daniel Bryan. Bryan and Barrett a beating and are run off by the South African. As they leave...Barrett challeneges the Shield to a match at (Insert Pay-per-View). As that match is beginning...the Shield members are seen chatting how small and weak the group is...going to be a squash. With the Shield in the Ring, lead now by HHH, the music begins for Wade Barrett as he stands at the top of the ramp, then Daniel Bryan, then...there is a pause...the music plays an old Nexus track, that takes on an NWO remix followed by the newest member of the group...Ryback (Skip Shefield). As they begin down the ramp, to the surprise of the Shield...the remix track because, the Cult of Personality! With Punk at the top of the ramp, he introduces the "CULT". They all attack the ring, HHH included and battle til they are separated by security. The war begins.

I love your concept, similar as it is...I'd love for the Horsemen to happen as well, with Ziggler, DB, Miz and Dean Ambrose...lead by Ric Flair. 2 show men and 2 technical wrestlers. DB and Miz are tag team worthy, Ambrose as an enforcer and US champion...with Flair grooming Ziggler as the kiss stealing, jet flying, wheeling dealing son of gun, searching for the World Title.
    Maybe it is just me, but I think Cody Rhodes would not be a fit. I think there is something in creative for Cody as a face and what better than to have the Horseman re-birth start with taking out Cody. Think of the wars Dusty had with Flair and the Horseman. Playing on history is a way for creative to keep people like me that remember the past interested in the new school product.

I see your point about the Miz, Ziggler would be a much better face for a Horseman re-birth, but neither of them need to be in the Horseman to make their careers go.

I liked the suggestions above for Wade Barrett as well. If you watched the WWE dvd on the Horseman, they talk about it being a lifestyle. Living it 24/7. Barrett would be a perfect fit as he has that look of being a brawler and would be perfect in the role of Arn.

The other two that I think could fit that mold are Sandow and Cesaro. Sandow already looks down on everyone, hes great on the stick, and would be an easy transition to the Horseman. Cesaro would be that Tully type of guy that is a great wrestler with underrated power and skill. They have been looking for a vehicle to get him more experience and more tv time and the Real American angle just isn't believable since he isn't from this country.

Here is a way out there suggestion, Johnny Curtis. The Fandango thing, to me, is just dumb. I'm not talking about the gimmick, I am talking about the way he is being handled. He doesn't say anything other than his name. He got to debut at Mania and than they haven't done anything with him. He keeps Summer Rae, which personifies what the Horseman were about.

Sandow is in the position to be Flair since he holds Money in the Bank and some storylines that could make sense down the road with Cody. Barrett as Arn Anderson works really well. Cesaro as Tully works in my mind. And Johnny Curtis as Ole gives creative more to work with so he can get on tv.

I would like to see that...
    Quote Originally Posted by jalsbury77
    The problem with a resurected Four Horsemen has always been believability. The ones of us that remember the original Horsemen would expect no less with a rebirth. That's why the last believable new member was Windham. Everyone after him was just plain garbage in their roles. Evolution worked because Orton and Batista were relatively unknown to us at the time. Of course players like HHH and Flair for instant credentials didn't hurt.

You need two bruisers to begin with. There's no one on the active roster who can deliver that. We already know everyone and a sudden role cast of being either Ole or Arn isnt't fair to any on the active roster. Neither would they be believable. Fulton and Rusev from NXT could possibly fill the roles. They both look the part and could come in with ready-to-go gimmicks.

There's also no Blanchard. People forget just how good Tully was. A ring magician and one of the heels that every fan wanted to beat up. Flair was always cheered to a point but Tully was always hated. Speaking from a technical standpoint, the only one that could fill that role is Daniel Bryan and he's cheered way too much, plus he's not a backup to anyone. The only option is finding another Windham and good luck with that. I'd go with Titus O'Neil if I just had to quickly fill the role. He's in desperate need of a gimmick change and has the size and skills to be a singles wrestler.

Ziggler's days of being a heel are long gone. He'll never be booed again so putting him in is impossible though he'd be the perfect mid-eighties Flair. Del Rio could be the pompous leader that can't win without help. I'm not sure if he can be a strong enough leader though. Sandow would be my ultimate pick. It would be a stretch but he has the arrogance down pat for sure.

I wouldn't want Flair having any part in this. It would only be a reminder of what we will never see again. Arn Anderson would have to be the motivator of the group. That way we see a group of enforcers, hand selected by the ultimate enforcer. It's less show and more down and dirty. Of course the group would have to be a Heel. Did anyone actually enjoy the nice Horsemen other than for nostalgia? We loved the four on one group that would beat anyone and wherever they wanted. True, there's no room for another Heel group right now but since it's all imaginary then I suppose it's all right.

ric flair.......the miz

arn.........bray wyatt

tully......dean ambrose

barry.....rvd

all heel turns
    I like the idea of those 4 guys as a face faction to take on Trips and co. But the idea of them as the new horsemen doesn't sit well. Everyone is going to compare as seen in the comments. This person needs to be like that original horseman and all that, rather than these guys being themselves. The original horsemen were themselves which is why it worked.
    I know it's, like, way out there, but, imagine this team actually existed, or came into existence.

The absolute perfect group to oppose them would be a team led by Paul Heyman. CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Antonio Cessaro, and Kassius Ohno.

I know it's a major stretch, but damn that would be a great feud. Like, maybe the best ever lol.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.