Blog Comments

Velvet Sky got the pop of the night. She made an Impact, and everyone round the world is happy to see her back where she belongs.

Your arguments make little sense. I could bring up tons of proof behind my points, but the fact you have had no one agree with your statements, and the fact this blog has 1 Star, it shows the quality in this blog is very clearly lacking.

Tamina vs Beth was the only relevant Divas match in many years. I hope Mickie gets the Knockouts title, and either her or Velvet turn heel and they get a feud going. Knockouts > Divas, end of story.
    The reason for her going back to TNA is confirmed to be because of Sabin and he is said to be back in action around February.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan
    Many times headlines make or break my decision to take up the agonizing task of reading a great wall of text like this one...this isn't an exception. So thank you for saving me a lot time.
    Oh, no problem. That's the sooner I get to debunk your statements!

Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan
    A talent like Velvet Sky going to the WWE is basically career suicide. She would probably sink into the same abyss of being seen rather than wrestle that Gail Kim and Kelly Kelly did. TNA does a better job at respecting and displaying the talents of their female roster than WWE...PERIOD.
    No it is not, and I shouldn't be having to say this to every person that might comment, but what other options do I have?

So staying with TNA isn't? What has Sky done there that constitutes as an accomplishment in her career? I guess just winning the title in worthless fashion of 28 days, while Kelly held the Divas title in a meaty 104 days before they had her cough it up. But more importantly as I said this should be done to help TNA & get them some exposure, not only to benefit Sky.

But just because you said so, that's why I said TNA would have been willing to bring her back any time, and since Sky herself would be getting paid well, getting exposure, and medical attention, it's not really such a big risk. Nobody but me even takes these things into account. Is it so important to you that she has to feud with Mickie, ODB, and Madison for the 50th time? Is it so important to you that KO matches are just a minute longer? Does it mean that much to you? Can you say the same for Sarita, Taeler, Rosita, Brooke, whoever they aren't using right now? Are they getting treated right by missing the shows and making nothing in that time? And what of the KO tag titles? Do I need to explain? I'd like to know what you think all of this. I think it's bullshit.

If TNA does a better job respecting their women, tell me why Daffney has sued TNA because she has been injured so badly by them that they wouldn't pay for her medical bills which forced her to retire. Yeah, that's so awesome...

And what does this quote mean, it confuses me: "sink into the same abyss of being seen"?
    Updated 12-07-2012 at 12:03 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
    Many times headlines make or break my decision to take up the agonizing task of reading a great wall of text like this one...this isn't an exception. So thank you for saving me a lot time.

A talent like Velvet Sky going to the WWE is basically career suicide. She would probably sink into the same abyss of being seen rather than wrestle that Gail Kim and Kelly Kelly did. TNA does a better job at respecting and displaying the talents of their female roster than WWE...PERIOD.
    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Wow.. Ok. I don't know where to start with this, but here goes.

Velvet Sky has become a huge star because of TNA. Before she surfaced in TNA, she was a nobody. She was actually in the Divas Search competition and she didn't get through to the finals.

What makes you think that the WWE would even want Velvet Sky? I mean... They don't give a single shit about any of their female performers anyway, except maybe AJ and Vickie, and they don't even wrestle.

Velvet Sky was one of the biggest reasons I tuned into TNA. Yes it is pretty classless of me to say that a big reason is because of just how hot she is, and her ring entrance is just ... well you know? She really does flaunt her stuff like no other woman in wrestling today.

Letting her go was one of the biggest mistakes TNA ever made. She wasn't just improving dramatically in the ring, she was helping to get others over.
    Bruce Prichard is the reason why the Knockouts have not had the spotlight that they have done in the past. He is not a big fan of women's wrestling apparently, and it clearly shows.

Regardless, I still think TNA has some of the best wrestlers in the Knockouts Division. Mickie, Gail Kim, Tara, ODB, Madison Rayne, they are absolutely brilliant and I could never get bored of watching them fight over that belt.

Now when I watch WWE Divas, I want to fall asleep. They are not interesting, they are not good wrestlers, and they use their actual wrestlers (Natalya, Tamina) like absolute dog crap. I mean.. how is Natalya not Divas Champion??? How was Beth Phoenix constantly beaten with a roll up?

Letting Velvet Sky go to the WWE would be one of the worst business decisions ever, not just for TNA and it's fans, but Velvet Sky as well. Everyone knows that Vince could care less about who holds that crappy pink Divas title.

I highly disagree with your statements. And I am sure many others will too. Velvet Sky should come back ASAP and feud with Mickie James over the title. She should be a Heel again, because she was much, much better in that role. We can all relate to super bitches, and she played one perfectly.
    I disagree, obviously. And you are basing your part of the argument over your opinions and it's not about what you or I want, but what's good for TNA and the business. Sky has an expendable role.

Sky is a star in TNA, but only in TNA; she can't even get any bigger beyond that. She can make so much noise like she's doing but the only audience that will hear it are the TNA fans, and this is so out of her expectations. Not in terms of her BOOOOORANG entrance, but her personality & work ethic. TNA is just in no position to turn their talents into mainstream celebrities. They are still too small to do that. If you walk up to a random person and ask them about Velvet Sky, they will have no idea who you're talking about, they might if it were Trish Stratus or Kelly Kelly since they are mainstream personalities thanks to WWE.

Is there evidence that provides that WWE doesn't "give a single shit" about their performers today? This is a highly subjective opinion with lack of proof. Firstly, the fans are the reason why it's like that today. Fans have always got up to go to the bathroom or changed the channel for years! Do you think that motivates WWE to do better? The Divas do not draw and that is WWE's solution. If Sky thought she was capable of changing that she would have considered it. It's called "breaking the mold" like her friend Kharma was about to do.

WWE brings their Divas on their tours, they compete a lot and travel so they can perform for you in your hometown. TNA does house shows but not as many and only 2 KOs are allowed to go at a time, and usually only in front of 400-600 fans in a venues often just in Florida, Georgia, and Tennesee. What if I was a fan in Utah or somewhere and wanted to see TNA come to my hometown? I don't want a plane ticket AND a ticket to a theme park just to go to the Impact Zone do you?

Also the "match length" argument is such a pathetic one, I can't believe the Knockouts still use it in their kayfabe interviews, especially now that at time Divas matches on RAW have been longer than KO matches. (source: Profightdb.com)

The most appealing Divas get pushed. If there is a Diva like Kelly that the fans like, WWE knows that's whom fans want to invest in and they push her. That's what would happen if the fans gave a shit in even more of them! It doesn't matter how talented they are. Natalya is a great wrestler but she would get pushed if she had more appeal. She's not getting pushed because the crowds don't show they want to give her one!

Beth on the other hand was used very well in WWE this year much so that she was #2 in the PWI Women's top 50. Women are ranked by talent, storylines, attention, strength of opponents. Etc. She was use exactly the way she was meant to and how did you want her to lose, by a K2 leg drop?

And I could count using the fingers on my hand of how many fans cared for Tamina vs. Beth earlier in the year. Watch that match again if you can. Not their fault.

I believe WWE would have wanted her, because as you said, she has come a long way and improved dramatically. I guess it doesn't matter now, she is returning tonight, which has been a complete waste of everybody's time.
    Updated 12-06-2012 at 11:47 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
    Wow.. Ok. I don't know where to start with this, but here goes.

Velvet Sky has become a huge star because of TNA. Before she surfaced in TNA, she was a nobody. She was actually in the Divas Search competition and she didn't get through to the finals.

What makes you think that the WWE would even want Velvet Sky? I mean... They don't give a single shit about any of their female performers anyway, except maybe AJ and Vickie, and they don't even wrestle.

Velvet Sky was one of the biggest reasons I tuned into TNA. Yes it is pretty classless of me to say that a big reason is because of just how hot she is, and her ring entrance is just ... well you know? She really does flaunt her stuff like no other woman in wrestling today.

Letting her go was one of the biggest mistakes TNA ever made. She wasn't just improving dramatically in the ring, she was helping to get others over.
    Bruce Prichard is the reason why the Knockouts have not had the spotlight that they have done in the past. He is not a big fan of women's wrestling apparently, and it clearly shows.

Regardless, I still think TNA has some of the best wrestlers in the Knockouts Division. Mickie, Gail Kim, Tara, ODB, Madison Rayne, they are absolutely brilliant and I could never get bored of watching them fight over that belt.

Now when I watch WWE Divas, I want to fall asleep. They are not interesting, they are not good wrestlers, and they use their actual wrestlers (Natalya, Tamina) like absolute dog crap. I mean.. how is Natalya not Divas Champion??? How was Beth Phoenix constantly beaten with a roll up?

Letting Velvet Sky go to the WWE would be one of the worst business decisions ever, not just for TNA and it's fans, but Velvet Sky as well. Everyone knows that Vince could care less about who holds that crappy pink Divas title.

I highly disagree with your statements. And I am sure many others will too. Velvet Sky should come back ASAP and feud with Mickie James over the title. She should be a Heel again, because she was much, much better in that role. We can all relate to super bitches, and she played one perfectly.
    Updated 12-06-2012 at 03:11 PM by kylos
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl
    I agree with TNA firing Bruce Pichard and Brooke Hogan, however, I don't agree with firing Gail. You do know that Gail doesn't run the show right? And that she didn't make herself champion? Gail is a great wrestler and deserves a spot in the roster.

As for WWE I believe Eve is the best all around Diva they have right now, she has the looks, the skills in the ring and on the mic and she has been getting a lot of media attention so it makes perfect sense to push her. In the case of the Beautiful People they'd be so watered down in WWE they'd be boring to watch, they'd just become Laycool all over again if they were pushed at all which WWE doesn't have a good history of pushing former TNA talent. I'd much rather see them return to TNA once Bruce was gone.
    Who said they'd be going together? Bruce doesn't seem to be leaving any time soon either.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.