Blog Comments

Divas can draw. AJ gets a stronger reaction than most guys on the roster which is the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by kylos
    Ok.. well, Velvet Sky wasn't going to come back and say, 'Next year I won't accomplish a thing!'
    Sarita, Rosita, Winter, and ODB have all said that this year. Where was their spotlight?

You seem to strongly believe that now Sky is back announcing this, that it's 100% fact. The Knockouts have never been as simple as that, they always say that they want the title, specially upon their return. Why should they get lots of new women, when the ones they have now can wrestle? People know who they are, and they have great chemistry with each other. Nothings broken here, and for you to not watch a PPV just because Velvet Sky apparently killed the buildup for the Knockouts title match is absolute ludicrous.
    Such a practice has happened before with Gail Kim. She was a crybaby who left the WWE because she was a major flop who never got over & returned to TNA and was handed both women's titles right away, all because she returned, same with Sting. That was where the root of all the KOs problems began, and whether I would have wanted Sky to have gotten a much more meaningful title reign at the time, that time has now passed and her time has been well wasted.

Nobody wants to see Sky vs Madison or Mickie vs Tara for the 80th time. What is going to happen when all these women eventually retire? You need young talent you can develop on TV and not be stuck in a closet somewhere. What was the point of Taeler passing the "gut check"? Why keep Rosita under contract when she hasn't been on TV since April?

& not like it would have been the deciding factor for me to buy the PPV, but you have the time given on your show to build it so why not hype it instead of rush Sky back on TV?

There was very little buildup for Mickie and Tara, and there didn't need to be. Their rivalry over many years speaks for itself, having Velvet come in at that moment and make a statement was the best way to bring her back. How else could you have done it?
    No it wasn't. She was not even going to get involved in the match they were supposed to hype, so it really did not help draw attention to Mickie or Tara right before their match. I would not even consider her bringing her back because there is no good way to. I would be sending agents to scout the Indies for a woman that could replace her, since all you really need to do to turn guys like you on is to doll her up the same way and dress her like a whore.

And you say just because she has admitted to being with Sabin makes her entrance pointless? Try asking any TNA fan whether they think the same, the majority will be confused, so what if shes got a boyfriend? Shes a tease, that's the whole point. Divas used to be real teases back in the day, wearing as little as possible, Velvet Sky is pretty tame compared to them.
    Yeah. It's very awkward she acts very flirty to the audience when she acknowledges her relationship in one of TNA's videos. You got Maria who is now in ROH and she is a girlfriend and valet to Mike Bennett, and a fan grabs her ass at an event and you think she liked that? And hardly any of the Divas ever acknowledged any of their relationships on air, except for Lita who was being in character with Edge.

It seems to me that you hate Velvet Sky. That's how it comes across anyway. If that was not your intention, then you need work on your writing. Your message did not get across how you expected. That's not a dig, it is a fact.
    I have some respect for Sky as a person and a drudge to the business with a good work ethic who tries to improve herself. I may have lost some of that respect if staying in TNA was her intention all along because saying she was only taking a break would have been the right and ethical thing to do. I do not care for her looks or her 5000 year old hooker gimmick and her booking which has always been bad whether it's positive or negative.

Also you seem to have this warped view that Velvet Sky could be sent to the WWE for an "experiment" of sorts. Where does this logic come from? Velvet Sky is only under contract to TNA, she is not something they can casually loan to the WWE just to get some exposure.
    Who said anything about loaning her? If that's how you see it than that's your problem. You release her and don't bring her back; or if you want something out of it just send them her contract.

Vince hates having talent that were grown elsewhere become big in his company, he wouldn't want to grow them, give them tons of exposure, only to have that person leave and take all that momentum to a rival company. Vince isn't that stupid, and if Velvet was to go to the WWE, she would definitely want to stay there, but at the same time she would end up like many others who were big elsewhere, and ended up flopping in the WWE. Velvet would be in the WWE for herself, not because she can help TNA in the future. If she became a huge success in the WWE, she would not leave, she would become loyal to the WWE and not want to give it up to go back to TNA.
    Hmm...he did not want to grow...
    Stone Cold?
    Mick Foley?
    Big Show?
    Chris Benoit?
    Chris Jericho?
    Stacy Keibler?
    Eddie Guerrero?
    Rey Mysterio?
    DDP?
    Goldberg?
    Booker T?
    CM Punk?
    Daniel Bryan?
    Kharma?
    Sin Cara?
    Antonio Cesaro?
    The Shield?

"Vince" has gotten several of his talents from other places, but he generally likes to make talents of his own from the ground up because original talents have advantages in character development and appeal. A guy who is all talent may not end up exciting the crowds, just ask Gail Kim. He doesn't make money just off skill alone.

But realize what it would do for TNA. Such a big monkey to finally be off their backs, one less worry, one less woman they dropped the ball with to be accountable for, they can simply move on and plan for the future. Whether Sky would return to TNA or not later wouldn't matter to TNA if they want to move on to revamping the KOs, that would be her option. If she was welcome to return anytime in her life, I don't understand why it would be now when she hasn't even explored her options and doesn't have much time left until she is too old for them, and when TNA has a lot more to lose.

This is why I can't understand this blog. I mean if you seem to assume that Velvet would go to the WWE, and assume even further that she would fail there, but somehow get a ton of exposure, then decide to go back to TNA? How do you even know that would happen?
    I am not assuming or predicting anything. Who said anything about failing? If Sky were to flop, WWE wouldn't be to blame because they would have tried all they could to make her look legit, like what Kharma said in her recent interview: "If they are interested in you, they want to invest in you". Sky is the kind of person with appeal that could adapt regardless that she wouldn't have her "pigeons".

Velvet Sky is not the property of TNA, and for TNA to just let one of their most popular talents drift away into a company they are constantly reminded is the #1 company in the world, that is bad business. TNA wants to keep all the star power they can, they are hungry for success, but they realize they need the next generation to come through, which they are doing as of late, but you can't build the next generation without wrestlers like Velvet Sky to put them over.
    Keeping Styles, Joe, Roode, Aries, Daniels, etc. is completely understandable. Sky is not a keeper. Her booking has shown it. Riding Angelina's coat tails, getting beat up by every KO on the roster, and only having one brief title reign is not whom I would consider keeping on my roster even longer. If anything, Angelina would have been the one they should have tried to keep, since she has been a successful achiever, a great personality, and a very classy individual while still in her prime. So why did they let her be? Why put her in "danger" of the "empire's" clutches?

You can't build the next generation without signing the next generation. You got Gail, ODB, Mickie and Tara who are far older, yet far more talented than Sky. Sky isn't a wrestler meant to help carry younger opponents and I do not see it.

One last time... this 'Experiment' is very illogical. I just don't understand it. It would never happen, and if it did, it wouldn't work, and if it did happen to work, then i would tip my hat off to you and call you a genius.
    It helps TNA either way. Just not by keeping her and Dixie is very clueless to even have thought about it.
    Updated 12-11-2012 at 01:56 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
    Also you seem to have this warped view that Velvet Sky could be sent to the WWE for an "experiment" of sorts. Where does this logic come from? Velvet Sky is only under contract to TNA, she is not something they can casually loan to the WWE just to get some exposure.

Vince hates having talent that were grown elsewhere become big in his company, he wouldn't want to grow them, give them tons of exposure, only to have that person leave and take all that momentum to a rival company. Vince isn't that stupid, and if Velvet was to go to the WWE, she would definitely want to stay there, but at the same time she would end up like many others who were big elsewhere, and ended up flopping in the WWE. Velvet would be in the WWE for herself, not because she can help TNA in the future. If she became a huge success in the WWE, she would not leave, she would become loyal to the WWE and not want to give it up to go back to TNA.

This is why I can't understand this blog. I mean if you seem to assume that Velvet would go to the WWE, and assume even further that she would fail there, but somehow get a ton of exposure, then decide to go back to TNA? How do you even know that would happen?

Velvet Sky is not the property of TNA, and for TNA to just let one of their most popular talents drift away into a company they are constantly reminded is the #1 company in the world, that is bad business. TNA wants to keep all the star power they can, they are hungry for success, but they realize they need the next generation to come through, which they are doing as of late, but you can't build the next generation without wrestlers like Velvet Sky to put them over.

One last time... this 'Experiment' is very illogical. I just don't understand it. It would never happen, and if it did, it wouldn't work, and if it did happen to work, then i would tip my hat off to you and call you a genius.
    Updated 12-11-2012 at 01:21 AM by kylos
    Ok.. well, Velvet Sky wasn't going to come back and say, 'Next year I won't accomplish a thing!'

You seem to strongly believe that now Sky is back announcing this, that it's 100% fact. The Knockouts have never been as simple as that, they always say that they want the title, specially upon their return. Why should they get lots of new women, when the ones they have now can wrestle? People know who they are, and they have great chemistry with each other. Nothings broken here, and for you to not watch a PPV just because Velvet Sky apparently killed the buildup for the Knockouts title match is absolute ludicrous.

There was very little buildup for Mickie and Tara, and there didn't need to be. Their rivalry over many years speaks for itself, having Velvet come in at that moment and make a statement was the best way to bring her back. How else could you have done it?

And you say just because she has admitted to being with Sabin makes her entrance pointless? Try asking any TNA fan whether they think the same, the majority will be confused, so what if shes got a boyfriend? Shes a tease, that's the whole point. Divas used to be real teases back in the day, wearing as little as possible, Velvet Sky is pretty tame compared to them.

It seems to me that you hate Velvet Sky. That's how it comes across anyway. If that was not your intention, then you need work on your writing. Your message did not get across how you expected. That's not a dig, it is a fact.
    Updated 12-11-2012 at 01:17 AM by kylos
    Yep. I knew you would respond like that. You can micro analyze everything you like, frankly no one cares about your opinion.

Why do you get so angry? Why do you feel like you are so right in this matter? Why do you think no one's left any good feedback for you? Look at yourself, and think logically, if that is possible. You seem obsessive, anxious, and outright stubborn when it comes to hearing peoples feedback. Whether you like it or not, Velvet will stay in TNA, and whether she shakes that fine body of hers on that rope or not, I will still be a fan.

PS: The Beautiful People was one of the best stables in TNA history, and it sold merchandise and drew ratings. It was so popular that WWE tried to copy the idea with LayCool. Velvet is much better as a heel, and she will still sell merchandise, and bring attention back to the Knockouts Division, something which has been clearly lacking in the last six months that she has not been there.
    It's what is called a debate, something you should have been taught at school by now, and I am here to just support my side of the argument. If you're just going to continue to bash me and not provide any contradictions to my points then there's no reason for you to be here at all.

As you can tell I am a writer. Getting my points across is why I have a purpose to write on this site. I could just be on every sort of bandwagon like you but there are other explanations to things I find that make more sense, & just because you go with the popular opinion doesn't make it the most credible. If I had the same beliefs as you then there's no point for me to write on here.

While TBP did draw that was back when they were recent and younger. It gets old after a while, they start to fade and there has been need of significant changes; and there's no excuse to keep Velvet's gimmick if she's commented that she has a relationship with Sabin in an official TNA video. I don't see what's so special about her ass, to be frank.

And there are no similarities between TBP & LayCool. TBP were inspired by the reality show The Simple Life while LayCool were the typical antagonistic duo you'd find on Disney Channel shows. TNA always thinks they created all of their ideas when they've obviously got them from somewhere else so they have no right to take shots at WWE if they do something similar. Another example is Madison's queen wave, she obviously did not invent that, so it is not her property.

And no, I am proven correct so far, she has not brought any attention to the KOs division; she has further poisoned it if not dead already. She has already ruined the build that led to the title match at Final Res, & they are making a mockery out of the other talent like Mickie whose return they haven't made so important. They think that she is saving the KO division when she is taking all the attention away from it. And you don't promise any of your talents anything! She says that she'll be champion again sometime next year? What does that tell the other women? What do they think? Should they bother to even show up from now on because they haven't been promised the title?

So in one night with her they given me no reason to watch the PPV & no reason to tune into the show up until her title victory eventually happens. Even if she gets the title back what then? Who does she feud with Brooke, ODB, Madison, Tara, Gail, Mickie? She's already faced these women numerous times already and I have no interest in seeing it again. They's why they should sign new women and release old women if you want to make for an exciting unpredictable show. They already gave away what is going to happen so how is this going to grow the company and get people to watch?
    Updated 12-10-2012 at 04:38 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
    Yep. I knew you would respond like that. You can micro analyze everything you like, frankly no one cares about your opinion.

Why do you get so angry? Why do you feel like you are so right in this matter? Why do you think no one's left any good feedback for you? Look at yourself, and think logically, if that is possible. You seem obsessive, anxious, and outright stubborn when it comes to hearing peoples feedback. Whether you like it or not, Velvet will stay in TNA, and whether she shakes that fine body of hers on that rope or not, I will still be a fan.

PS: The Beautiful People was one of the best stables in TNA history, and it sold merchandise and drew ratings. It was so popular that WWE tried to copy the idea with LayCool. Velvet is much better as a heel, and she will still sell merchandise, and bring attention back to the Knockouts Division, something which has been clearly lacking in the last six months that she has not been there.
    Updated 12-10-2012 at 04:04 AM by kylos
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky7pointman
    lol it is terrible i just giving fact lol if she was the reason rating of ur show was going good will u hiring her back?
    No, if she were responsible for that you would reward her like give her a pay raise, or a push of some sort, but no none of that has happened to her, ever and it's a real shame she still wants to settle for less with that dolt Dixie. Angelina on the other hand I'm glad has left, she might not help TNA as much on the outside but she deserves much bigger.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.