Blog Comments

  1. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    I'm sorry but you're just dead wrong. Booking DOES work to get people over. Did anyone give a damn about Ryan Reeves? Nope. Then he comes back as Ryback a dominant monster who they give a silly catch phrase to. He crushes multiple opponents at once. Many in the IWC hate him, but he's over.
    Uh Skip, rather was part of Nexus the huge flop stable & Skip was out of action for nearly 2 years due to injury. Tensai was booked nearly the same way & returned the same time Ryback did. & I thought they really did a good job with him & he did a good job with his character, but he still flopped. You can do a really good at your job and the interest can be extremely high or not at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    Do you really think anyone gets over on their own? CM Punk didn't get over on his own. WWE had to give him chances to talk and chances to compete in high profile matches and win those high profile matches to look like he's more impressive. Had they jobbed him out and not let him ever touch a mic the amount of personality he has would mean nothing.
    Punk actually was pretty much over throughout his WWE career, sans a dead period when he had to be on Smackdown. He gotten his first shirt within months of his debut, & was on WWECW at the time, practically the only WWECW guy to get a shirt. Because he was over that brought him up the ladder to compete with the main eventers. If nobody cared for him then he would have been long gone.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    Just putting two women in the ring for a long time isn't the solution. You have to have women who can wrestle!!
    Watch Beth vs Tamina at Elimination Chamber 2012, then say that again. or infact watch Beth & Gail's Superstars match on YouTube. The crowds don't really care how much talent women have.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    Even before the wrestling, you have to give them gimmicks that are unique and have a chance to gain some fan appreciation. What gimmicks exactly do they have in WWE?? That the women are hot and skinny. Oh or that they fart. Yes that's sure to be a winner. Hotness can be a factor but do you think anyone respects them more because they are beautiful?
    AJ is a psycho nerd girl, Kaitlyn is a muscular pop culture fanatic, Layla is an eccentric goofball, Tamina is an intimidating offspring of the Superfly, Cameron & Naomi are funk/soul dancers, Alicia is an over the top fashionista, Aksana is an edgy, lustful European, & Natalya just simply is marketed to children since she is attached to Khali & appears frequently on Saturday Morning Slam. Not that it's a bad thing; she loves children. The farting was to make her a character that tries to overcome her weaknesses, but was scrapped shortly, unlike gee I don't know, Angelina Love who had to play a walking fart up until her departure?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    Let's think about some famous women in WWE that got over. Sable got ridiculously over mostly for being hot but also for being wild. Chyna "The 9th Wonder of the World" got over for being a beast of a woman and being able to wrestle the men. Lita got over for being the high flyer with the punk rockness of the Hardys. Trish Stratus had a cowgirl gimmick. Molly Holly to an extent was over for a superhero gimmick. Now what about the women today.....okay I remember Beth Phoenix before she left was dubbed "The Glamazon" but what did that really mean?? Monikers are not gimmicks. Who did get over?? AJ Lee who had a gimmick of a mentally unstable girl. Gimmicks work.
    Okay you're just giving me lists of past women with gimmicks just like I gave a list of current women with gimmicks. The difference is that fans wanted to see more of them because they had the taste & appreciation for those women back then.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    And lastly, are you really criticizing TNA for having Tiffany as a referee? Who the F cares about a referee??
    No. I am not.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV123
    WWE has booked half or no assedly for years with the women...yes not "divas." That's why they get no reaction.
    & that makes no sense. I actually addressed how that is false in the blog entry. If you would have read it you would understand that fan interest is how WWE makes its dough. People cheer for who they like, not what's "booked right". That is called "taste".
    Updated 03-01-2013 at 03:36 PM by OneTimePosterShorry
  2. JohnnyV123's Avatar
    I'm sorry but you're just dead wrong. Booking DOES work to get people over. Did anyone give a damn about Ryan Reeves? Nope. Then he comes back as Ryback a dominant monster who they give a silly catch phrase to. He crushes multiple opponents at once. Many in the IWC hate him, but he's over.

    Do you really think anyone gets over on their own? CM Punk didn't get over on his own. WWE had to give him chances to talk and chances to compete in high profile matches and win those high profile matches to look like he's more impressive. Had they jobbed him out and not let him ever touch a mic the amount of personality he has would mean nothing.

    Just putting two women in the ring for a long time isn't the solution. You have to have women who can wrestle!!

    Even before the wrestling, you have to give them gimmicks that are unique and have a chance to gain some fan appreciation. What gimmicks exactly do they have in WWE?? That the women are hot and skinny. Oh or that they fart. Yes that's sure to be a winner. Hotness can be a factor but do you think anyone respects them more because they are beautiful?

    Let's think about some famous women in WWE that got over. Sable got ridiculously over mostly for being hot but also for being wild. Chyna "The 9th Wonder of the World" got over for being a beast of a woman and being able to wrestle the men. Lita got over for being the high flyer with the punk rockness of the Hardys. Trish Stratus had a cowgirl gimmick. Molly Holly to an extent was over for a superhero gimmick. Now what about the women today.....okay I remember Beth Phoenix before she left was dubbed "The Glamazon" but what did that really mean?? Monikers are not gimmicks. Who did get over?? AJ Lee who had a gimmick of a mentally unstable girl. Gimmicks work.

    And lastly, are you really criticizing TNA for having Tiffany as a referee? Who the F cares about a referee??

    WWE has booked half or no assedly for years with the women...yes not "divas." That's why they get no reaction.
  3. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    Mickie & ODB haven't appeared in over a month or 2. Mickie infact is singing at events. Taeler never gets utilized. The twins likely wont get used often. They really need to think twice before signing these ladies because it's not like WWE where they can give them roles when they aren't in the title picture.
  4. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rampage_23
    The knockouts in TNA get way and I mean WAY more exposure than the Divas they actually get storylines and no random matches every week, not to mention that the KOs get big pops and have good matches, the KOs even thou they are few are the standard of women wrestling right now, people can argue that is because they wear 'slutier' outfits but aside from Velvet the KOs do not wear sluty outfits at all, I think is because they have womans who can actually wrestle and got in the business for their wrestling and not because their modeling or looks
    You are right when you say that the KOs are a big draw for TNA, but it certainly isn't because of how "they have womans who can actually wrestle and got in the business for their wrestling and not because their modeling or looks". TNA fans are going to enjoy them no matter how good or bad they do. I mean Tiffany of all people is reffing them but that doesn't stop fan interest.

    You are wrong when you say that they get more exposure because many of them haven't been on TV for weeks which means they haven't got paid in weeks whereas all the Divas are on the tour and all get turns to wrestle. There is a problem that they have which is that they can't organize the roster well. There are a select number of KOs that have been there for years which TNA will continue to focus on (Velvet, Mickie, Tara, Gail, Brooke) while the rest of them go to waste, and many of them are aging which really doesn't help the issue. It's going to surprise me if they're actually going to use Ivellise &/or that other chick on a regular basis because they have always preferred to use the same women over and over again instead. They should quit signing women they don't need and use what they have already. Maybe that could have prevented Sarita, Rosita, Angelina, Winter, etc. all from having to leave the company.
    Updated 03-01-2013 at 12:42 AM by OneTimePosterShorry
  5. rampage_23's Avatar
    The knockouts in TNA get way and I mean WAY more exposure than the Divas they actually get storylines and no random matches every week, not to mention that the KOs get big pops and have good matches, the KOs even thou they are few are the standard of women wrestling right now, people can argue that is because they wear 'slutier' outfits but aside from Velvet the KOs do not wear sluty outfits at all, I think is because they have womans who can actually wrestle and got in the business for their wrestling and not because their modeling or looks
  6. bearkg88's Avatar
    Personally i dont see the divas divisions ever becoming a main stay or a singular diva getting a huge reaction without being tied into a storyline with the likes of cena or punk. Personally, i wouldnt be heart broken if they did away with the division and just used divas a valets/managers.
  7. OneTimePosterShorry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
    Divas can draw. AJ gets a stronger reaction than most guys on the roster which is the point.
    She didn't do that on her own though. She obviously needed help.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.