View RSS Feed

Darkside Ron Garvin

1. The IWC Shouldn't Be A Place Where Great Ideas Die...

It’s been a while since I wrote on the How to Regain a Loyal Fan series. Being that I am OCD of sorts, I don’t like the idea of leaving this unfinished. However, I made a bit of an error in my 12 critical points and even writing the title to this blog made me cringe a bit. If you want to know what they are, simply follow the links to my other blogs to understand what I laid out over a year ago. ...

Updated 06-10-2013 at 11:15 AM by Rated_R(ob)KO

Tags: fans, iwc, tna, wrestling, wwe
    Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions , User News
  2. Top Feud in Wrestling Currently.

What do you think of when you hear “best feud going in the wrestling business today”? Does the idea of CM Punk vs. The Undertaker come to mind? Is it Redemption vs. Greatness that you think about? Perhaps you think about Bully Ray vs. Hulk Hogan, S.C.U.M. vs. ROH, or CZW wrestlers vs. Law Enforcement Officials. No matter what comes to mind first, there is a number 1 feud that immediately pops into ...
  3. How to Regain a Loyal Fan - Pt X

Raw is now 3 hours each week. Unfortunately it has more time spent in commercial break than it does on action in the ring. The thing that gets me is that I don’t understand how people can still call WWE a “wrestling program”. To me, WWE (minus NXT and FCW) is what I have been trying to distance myself from for the majority of my wrestling fandom; A Male Soap Opera. I love the, to quote Shane Douglas, ...
  4. How to Regain a Loyal Fan - Bring back the JUICE!

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at WrestleMania 13. Yes, I started this week’s blog with a fragment, but my point is sound. If you want to know why and how blood can be used in a way to further character development, enhance an angle, and help build a megastar, look no further than this example. The image of Austin’s last bit of strength being exerted to power out of the Sharp Shooter is on
  5. How to Regain a Loyal Fan - Pt 8 What's my Worth?

Let me set this blogs tone. I wrote this before taking my vacation this year. Slammiversary live was EPIC! I didn’t see the show through the big screen yet, so let me know how the show came across to those who bought it, or watched it online. I can tell you from being in the crowd; it was pure energy from the Joe/Aries match until Sting demolished Roode to end the show. Now, to the blog –
  6. How to Regain a Loyal Fan - The Art of Story Telling

When the Connecticut Blueblood faced off against Rocky Maivia during Monday Night Raw in 1997, we saw a match between two future wrestling legends for a belt that had great value. The build for the match wasn’t done through video packages and mic work. The story of the young underdog overcoming the pretty boy heel for his first WWF title was accomplished through story telling wrestling.

Updated 05-25-2012 at 04:21 AM by Frank

Categories
    Thoughts and Opinions , User News
  7. How to Regain a Loyal Fan - (Pt6) Allow me to tell you who/what I like

Yes! Yes! YES! Finally the ‘E Universe’ has listened to something outside the merchandising department, Social Media scores, and the Nielsen ratings. It wasn’t about what was the hot ticket item on sale, nor was it about a guy who fit the “typical” mold of what a cookie cut, made for TV “wrestler” was supposed to look like. Danielson was destined for greatness before he
  8. How to Regain a Loyal Fan pt. 5 - Don't insult my intelligence as a fan

Do you know why so many fans have remained loyal to Paul Heyman? The man always put us first. Look up his first reaction to Sabu “No Showing” an event. The man always made sure we knew the truth behind the injuries to his performers. The man fought without conviction when he felt as though they weren’t giving US the best wrestling program possible, even when faced with network executives
  9. How to Regain a Loyal Fan

4) I want to see less “Show” and more “Action Packed Event!”

I asked a question in my last blog. When was the last time you felt that you had just seen wrestling history on a Monday Night RAW? That was a trick question. The prelude to that question clearly states that Raw is disqualified. Raw is not a wrestling program. I will elaborate on this in section 10 but where the ...
  10. How to Regain a Loyal Fan

3) Give me something worth coming back to see next week

In the late 1990s, I saw a wrestling event that will forever be burned in my brain. On a typical episode of Nitro, the usual bland BS was happening during the overrun. The nWo Army was in the ring, squashing everything (including the company) in their path, when the camera cut quickly. It did not cut to the entrance ramp, ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.